World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got lights and arty, so if I'm around and you need some BOOM, let me know.
  2. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Just don't let Eddy near this one :hide
  3. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    It unlocks the M41 HMC, which is the single most infuriatingly terribad vehicle that isn't the Churchill GC. Pay gold to train your gunner, and still don't play it unless you are getting carried in a platoon. It is so so so bad.
  4. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    I thought the M41 HMC was great :dunno
  5. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
  6. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Wow. How did any of those guys make it that far?
  7. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    .. yes it did .. don't be modest now ..
  8. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    .. here ya go .. the arty view mod .. it's definitely legal .. didn't know the origin of it until tonight .. pretty kewl story on how it came about ..

[​IMG]
  9. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there some trick to destroying internal modules with a Heavy Tank?

I can not for the life of me do it. I need to damage/destroy 5 internal modules, and tracks don't count. Occasionally I'll get something else but never anywhere near five.

:ruskie

Edit: Nevermind, I got it by spamming HE in my KV-2. :lol3
  10. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    MM is everything for some missions. The 3 hardest missions in the last go-round for me were kill 3 mediums with a medium, kill 3 TDs with a medium, and kill 2 heavies above my tier in a medium. Dave and I were able to manipulate the mediums one as a platoon, then I got a Cromwell and things got easier because it's able to cross a map in a hurry. The heavies were relatively easy after that (Many 3k damage rounds in my T20 without killing 2 tier 8+ heavies) and the three TDs came in a round against 6 TDs, and they spread out just right so I moved from one to another through a map. They were all engaged from a different flank and I ended up with an easy top gun. I figure all of the conditions will eventually happen to me, and it only got frustrating once I'd done all the other missions with honors.

The early rewards for the T-55A are 300,000 credits for completing with honors. I can buy a few new tanks with that which are capable of doing the higher-tier missions. They go on to 2k free XP, premium days, and garage slots. The slots and silver are worth more to me than the free XP but I'll take it!

And, for the record, I'm still stuck on HT15 for the Stug. I'm grinding 3 tier 8 heavies, so it'll happen sometime, but I'm going to get the others first for the per-mission rewards. Lights are really working for me now, so I'll probably smoke through those just doing the T57 on-track.
  11. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    TOG. Totally TOG. Lots of high-pen shots.

Edit: Duh, KV2.
  12. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    HEAT or HESH ammo......gives you a higher chance to crit....
  13. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    The crazy green line mod was pretty useful to Geek. :hide
  14. Theaty Hannington

Theaty Hannington Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl One of the funniest TS conversations I've had in a while. :rofl
  15. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I wish you'd told my stupid'arse about this before I fired $250823058 in arti ammo into the side of the hill eh? :patch

:rofl

:freaky
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Boy, people must be struggling in the ST-I recently....this is my second Ace Tanker in it in under a week....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I got a star on my bulldog barrel yesterday... The winderlickers must be playing it finally.

.mobile
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Got the Stug completed last night. Had to get HT15 with honors to do it. Every now and then the 4502b will pull a decent game. Bounced almost 4k, did 4k damage , invader, 2nd class badge and a few other things. In Abbey, running down the 1/2 line valley came across 2 Lowes, a T32 and a Centurion. They kept bouncing, I kept penning the lower glacis. Opfor rushed the river/lake road and got on our cap and the whole team went back to reset. I trundled off to their cap, destroyed their arty and sat on cap for a 100%. I was just playing it to try to figure the stoopit thing out, and then all these pop up windows showed I got the heavy mission with honors and the Stug. It's parked right next to my Stug 3:lol3 which has a 55.6% win rate in 577 battles.

I tend not to do TS stuff during the week, but if you catch me on round 7ish I'll platoon pretty much anything tier 4 and up. I tend to have to go silent at 9 P.M. CST though. I have tier 5,7,9 arty.

I just checked the stats on the 4502, 32% win rate:lol3 82% hit rate, 20 % survival rate:norton

The Maus is better right?
  19. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im 65% in maus, 85% hit rate, 33% survival rate, compared to 50.34% win in 4502B, 75% hit rate, and the same 33% survival rate
  20. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must be, I've got a 4646 dmg game in it and only have the 1st class badge ;) Got the Ace in the IS4 on my first match though LOL, 5332 dmg match.