The OLD Old's Cool Flea Market (closed & archived)

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Nata Harli, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxinflixion

maxinflixion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now that I have a new to me Old's Cool bike again, it's time to accessorize. I am looking for a bikini fairing that will fit a 1982 CB900F.

Whose got one to sell?
  2. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    Thetford Jekell in Germany still makes them. They were originally made by Hienrich. I Googled Thetford Jekell and came up blank. I know he has a website.
  3. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer:
  4. oldroadie

oldroadie Two wheel addict

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a used solo or police style BMW seat for my R75/5 swb scrambler project bike. Old and used is good as this bike will have loads of 'patina'. Or, if you have a /5 seat pan that's damaged that I could modify...
  5. DoktorT

DoktorT BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer:
    Sure looks stock, but if it comes from Capital Cycle, maybe yes and maybe no. You just can't count on it in any way shape or form. 100% of the orders I got from them were screwed up in some or many ways, and half that received was dog doo bogas junk. All of it they swore was, "Oh yeah, OEM, in stock, immediate shipment. Just need your card number." Charletans I tell ya, liers through and through.
  6. crazydrummerdude

crazydrummerdude Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer:
    You can have the crappy former seat from my '74 R90.. for the cost of shipping.

Pans a little rusty and the hinges are broken.
  7. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
  8. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
  9. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    ...and your point is...?
    We all know you have an axe to grind with CC but, well, you know....
    Regardless of where it's from, it's a Zelph, evidently made in England, and better in comfort than the OEM one's I've had on previous RS's. It's fit and finish is very good.

[​IMG]
  10. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
  11. JohnLocke

JohnLocke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  12. DoktorT

DoktorT BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I'm not dissing your sale. You are not CC. I just want to point out, if you order from CC, odds are it is not what they say it is. Just the facts from experience. Will say, my 32 year old original is still just ding dang descent. And no, not everyone knows that CC is a charletans haven. Their forte is selling to the ignorant. It is a major business model since Adam. THAT IS THE POINT!!
  13. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    Ouch! You're so Pointy!...take it to the bitching room Doktor.
    At any rate, I didn't buy the saddle from Capital, it's just a reference. The seat came on the bike...sheesh!
  14. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    I'm not going to defend Capital Cycle and I used to work there. It would be a fine place if they would identify which parts are OEM, which are from OEM manufacturers and which are copies. Quite frankly I don't think they know most of the time.

I have a stock look alike seat on my R90/6. It's a copy with a plastic pan. I bought it at Capital Cycle. I was told it's a copy. It's durable but I think too soft for me. I want stiffer foam. The soft stuff just squishes down. I sometimes use an old Corbin saddle that's more comfy. But I don't like the looks of Corbin. I used to have a chopper seat on my /6 years ago. It was my favorite because it was so different. I'm always looking for another seat if I have any money. Cheapest way to change the look and feel of my bike. And so I vary the experience.

Don't buy the rubber fuel line at CC. Been a problem since I worked there in the early '80's. I might have stayed a parts guy. I could have been an expert. I could have gone on from there but I didn't. I never sold BMW motorcycle parts again after I left CC. The company, Capital Cycle, has been through more changes than I have, I think. It's amazing they are still around.

We could maybe make a list of known bad parts from CC and/or known good parts from CC but it's really too much trouble. I think you'll do OK, maybe save some money, if you buy a seat from them but I'm no longer an expert on this stuff. Oh, they also stock all the books you might want for reference.
  15. dsclothe

dsclothe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

After some stupidity that involved not tightening the mount when I bolted it on (without the peg) for a longish shakedown ride, I find that I'm in need of a replacement.

Looking for the piece that the passenger peg uses to affix to the bike. That allows the peg to fold in when not in use.

Also always looking for interesting parts or farkles or who knows what for the bike itself.

Thanks!

Ryan
    Minneapolis, MN
  16. hupjoy

hupjoy n00b

Oddometer:
    Holy CRAP! That thing looks amazing. If you ever wanna sell that thing, or just the headlight, I'd be interested!! Beautiful bike!
  17. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
  18. Wirespokes

Wirespokes Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer:
    Hell! Yours looks better than the new one any day! Leave it alone!

I'll second the headlight - sell it to me! I may even have one I'd swap for it.
  19. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Roma, that's a sexy BMW you've got there. If you really want a stock one, just meet me in NC in about a month. I'll buy your scrambled bike, and I'll drive you around until you find the perfect stock 80 to ride home.

Sound like a deal?

I figured I'd at least try.
  20. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    looking for a decent used advance unit for a '78 R80/7. while adjusting the points i realized one of the small spring posts was busted off and the spring missing. i assume i need to replace the whole thing since the post was busted. can't really afford a $300 new unit. anyone have an extra? thanks a million!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.