Round Way Round! Fishy's 2012 Adventure ride!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mr. Fisherman, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Gone D

Gone D Gone Dualsporting

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to your review of the moto-mule. I'm looking for an excuse to attach one to my WR
  2. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Bear69 is a friend from work. I was letting him ride my KLR, Fugly. He noticed evidence of a little blowby at the base gasket ... wound up overtorquing the head bolts. Trucked the bike back home and swapped it for the GS. Back on the road staying with SFSpeedster in Pendelton.
  3. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Lead a 7 member ride from Enterprise to Troy via Promise then to Flora where they were holding Flora School days.
    more pics later.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Had a great time on the way to and at this years Hells Canyon ADV event..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its hard to deal with posting pics on my small phone screen.

More later.
  5. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Rode to Lewiston yesterday through VERY strong gusting winds. My Lynx fairing really helped to keep my helmet on my head.
    I got a late start and opted to slab it with the weather like it was. Only made 65 uphill into the wind. Passed a truck just before rattlesnake grade. Had so much fun i think I scraped the edge of the trailer. That was exciting.

Intended to check out historic Lolo motorway but it is impassable due to snow and blowdown trees. I am sure glad I'm not in the middle of it during this storm.

Decided to wait out this storm and head out tomorrow.

I am looking at alternative routes. As fun as 12 is that's not what i am here for.
  6. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Tour Of Idaho T2 routes stay in southern Idaho-----might be do-able for you now ????
    They go West to East---or visa-versa.
    I got all those tracks but don't have a clue how you'd get them in your gps.

T2 has more than one route across---some easy---some hard in spots---goes all the way across the state and is
    super scenic.

Starts in Jordan Valley Oregon---and goes Southwest and ends up in Alpine, Wyoming----both towns right on the Idaho borders.

BigDog
  7. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mark, I am familiar with the route, but without my laptop I am at a disadvantage. Not to worry, I have paper maps, spare gas and a couple quarters I can flip to help me decide :lol3

I think I'll set up camp near Lolo somewhere and explore that area for a day or two on my way to visit my brother and his family near Darby.

The East side of Historic Lolo Motorway are reported to be the best part anyway... I am here... Might as well see what I can, but know this. I will be back. I have the time and the sun and weather are on my side.

I'll check into the ranger station on the East end of Magruder then likely work my way towards Panther Creek.
  8. Wansfel

Wansfel I'm not lost! The world is just a bit misplaced.

Oddometer:

East side suggestions. South from Lolo Pass visitors center, come back to on US12 at Elk Meadows road (could hit snow). Also, Graves Ck road, one mile to Lumberjack Saloon - great burgers - continue up the road and take the Wagon Road at the top play around (back to Lolo Hotsprings or Pass) or continue over to I90 at Petty Ck.
  9. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:

Thanks for the suggestions. Elk Meadows road was already part of the plan. I look forward to trying the burger.

Here are some pics from todays ride.... simply stunning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets try the panorama... Click on the pic below for the panorama video.
    [​IMG]

Old stage stop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are all from my phone... better pics when I get home and can upload them.

A VERY Special Thank You to Idarider for hosting me and for sharing this very special ride. Deffinately one of the highlites of my trip.
  10. Bear69

Bear69 Bear

Oddometer:
    I had a great time Fisherman. Thanks for the loaner bike(s). I will be there again next year on one of my own.
  11. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut Flatulent Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dude!!! all yer stuff fell off yer bike before those last pictures....:eek1.......:lol3

Glad to see your having fun. I've been getting your spot updates until today. Did it quit or did you forget to turn it on?
  12. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Just an afternoon ride. I was so taken by the view and the riding on the nakid bike i forgot to push the button. I remembered to twist the throttle though. Got to wait for a 12gs at the bottom. Good times.
  13. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    May be out of touch for a day or two. No service for about 30 miles, perfect.
    Camped at Powell cg for a couple days. Will explore and report when i can.
  14. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be waiting with anticipation to see where this goes. Looks like a lot of fun and gives me ideas.....
  15. Crossthread

Crossthread Maker of Sharp Stuff

Oddometer:
    Good times! Think I'll watch over your shoulder for the rest of this trip... :freaky

:lurk
  16. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Today, i just completed the Elk Meadows loop. I am the first this season to report getting through. Pics when i can. Beautiful trip!
  17. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    A teaser for now. Mote tomorrow when i have better signal

[​IMG]
  18. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Dam , I didn't think you would actually post that video.

Yes , you got to "wait " for a GS, I am a very considerate host. Mostly I kept thinking about the deputy who lives in Waha Glen and what he would say if he found me doing 110 , really officer I was just trying to catch up to my friend on a 250 dirt bike:D. I'm 19 and 0 since 1990 , just had a lot of nice visits with a lot of nice officers and 110 ( what I would have had to do to catch the 250) on a 50 mph would ruin my record. 90 I think I could talk my way out of .

Having you there was a great break from having the whole basement torn apart in the plumbing remodel. Worst is over now!

I have been telling everyone about your hot bike in a different thread.
  19. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like the adventure is going well :thumb
  20. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thrilled to give you a hug at HC, will be checking in regularly in between packing in Oregon and unpacking in Idaho.

Don't forget if your in town for gas, public libraries have computers you may be able to access computers there, we have in the past!

Looks like your enjoying your long awaited adventure! :shog