2013 Conserve the Ride - Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by FreeTheBeast, Mar 26, 2013.

1. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast no road left untaken Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's another year for the Conserve the Ride event. AltRider is the organizer/sponsor for the event. Camping, riding, eating, drinking, laughs, and an all around great time. I went to the inaugural ride last year and had a blast. AltRider really takes care of everyone. They organize the rides, the food, the beers, all of it. You just show up and have a great time. I made a couple good friends from this event last year.

This is from the AltRider Web site:

WHERE // Woodward , PA, United States
    WHEN // Fri, Jun 7

DETAILS //
    REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN IN APRIL 2013!

Join us on a stellar weekend getaway in Central Pennsylvania on June 7-9 for Conserve the Ride 2012. AltRider is working in conjunction with the Seven Mountains Conservation Corp (SMCC), dedicated to the promotion and preservation of off-road motorcycle riding in the nearby trails of Pennsylvania. Strap up your bike with the camping gear that's collecting dust in your garage, extra fuel, and a yearning for adventure to join AltRider on this epic dual sport ride.

This exciting 3-day event kicks off with an intense EnduroCross competition on SMCC's custom built track with live pro riders on Friday evening followed by a catered dinner. AltRider will provide nightly entertainment with a keg of beer by the campfire.

Saturday - Eat a hearty breakfast and break into groups based on skill level for a staggered GPS-led ride. Then head out on an adventure ride through diverse terrain, including stunning forests surrounded by lush foliage, narrow bridges, sand crossings, never-ending gravel and rock. 160 miles have been mapped out (including GPS routes) to create incredible experiences for every skill level. Informative seminars from pro racers will teach off-road riding techniques so the rider can feel every bit confident when tackling the varied Pennsylvanian terrain. Halfway through the Saturday ride, we will stop for a scenic BBQ lunch served at Hyner Run State Park. After finishing up the ride, a pig roast will be awaiting at the campgrounds with an ice cold beer to quench your thirst.

Sunday - Wake up to a delicious breakfast and join us for an optional cave tour at the largest cave in Pennsylvania – right on site at the Woodward Caves Campground! . Break down your campsite, say your goodbyes to your new friends and we’ll provide you with several optional routes. A local member of SMCC will set up a mapping station to help you with any route questions for your ride home.

Registration includes:
    • A weekend of GPS routed rides created by the members of SMCC for all skill levels
    • Live EnduroCross show with pro racers
    • 2 nights of camping at Woodward Caves –find directions here
    • 5 meals including delicious BBQ, a special pig roast and adult beverages
    • Off-road seminars from seasoned coaches
    • Slideshow presentations from professional riders
    • An unforgettable experience riding for an awesome cause

REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN IN APRIL 2013!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oa_H36bEwKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WjezKZNYyHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you can make it to this event, you should. Very much worth it.
  2. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Week-end right after Durty Dabbers Dual Sport ride.
    In the same general area.
    Riders are going to have hard decisions to make!
  3. AltRider

AltRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's why you can just go to both :D

Just wanted to inform everybody that the registration is open and you can sign up at this link : http://www.altrider.com/conserve-the-ride-2013/pid/1188

Hope to see you all there!
  4. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check you link. The text of it is right (i.e., you can copy/paste it), but the link is wrong (can't click it).
  5. AltRider

Oddometer:
  6. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What kind of bike? 250cc or the 690 ish....
  7. freefall109

freefall109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding over from North Jersey or NY? I will be heading out from Rockaway Township, NJ and heading West on I90 if anyone wants to meet up and convoy.
  8. AltRider

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Dakar star and training expert Jimmy Lewis (www.jimmylewisoffroad.com) is flying out to PA from CA to teach a class through his riding school.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He is conducting a special training class for riders of all skill level that will take place at 8:30 am sharp on the same day the event starts (June 7th). Sign up early for Jimmy's class + Conserve the Ride -- Jimmy's class usually sells out very quickly! For more information about Jimmy's class + Conserve the Ride, click here:rofl
  9. mrxinpa

mrxinpa Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer:
    NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
    Damn that's a busy weekend as June 7i,8,9 is also the Jim Thorpe Smokin Hole Rally dates.
  10. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    anyone goin' to this from Philadelphia way?
  11. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul Supporter

Oddometer:
    My brother is - he is in Union City NJ. Leaving Friday some time.

I will tell him to check this thread.
  12. SMCC

SMCC n00b

Oddometer:
    The route is complete and we are busy putting together the GPS files. There are 7 optional sections that will challenge the best of riders, several incredible overlooks and a main route that will be passable by riders of all skill levels.

I can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks.
  13. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast no road left untaken Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was great last year. I'm sure it will be again this year, too! :freaky
  14. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun.

If anyone is in the Morris County area and would like to ride out, PM me

I'm thinking of playing hooky on Friday and leave earlyish afternoon. I just want avoid any and all highway.
  15. SMCC

SMCC n00b

Oddometer:
    We just finished up riding and getting the GPS files for the optional sections. A big black bear crossed the road ahead of us and stood there letting us know who is king of the forest!!!
  16. vonotto

vonotto See you on the road, Scag!

Oddometer:
    Ok, I'm in! Tell Jimmy Lewis I'm coming :1drink
  17. bogus

bogus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey can you sign up at the event fri evening. And just where in " central pa " is it?
  18. falcn

Oddometer:
  19. AltRider

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry but you must call into the AltRider office (they close at 5:30 pacific time) and register/pay beforehand. Registration is technically closed but we can fit in a few more people to join us on the adventure! :freaky
  20. falcn

Oddometer:
    Looking good! :clap