This is a good one for North America..

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by kdude, Oct 24, 2009.

1. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
  2. rhys

rhys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had no experience with scooters, but I want one (someday).

As a loyal motorcycle fan, for my purposes and with the desire to have something freeway capable, but something that could NOT be mistaken as a motorcycle, I would LOVE to see this thing come to the USA! For me, it's either the SH300 (also Europe only), the (EXPENSIVE) Vespa 300 Super, or this mini T-Max is my choice of scooter so far.

I say, BRING IT!
  3. gizmo309

gizmo309 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also take a look at the Piaggio BV250. Very capable scooter with large 16" wheels. There is a BV300 out in Europe but I hear we are not getting it yet. The BV rides kind of like a MC. Worth a look.

Bob
  4. approachbears

approachbears 250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer:
    Aprilia Scarabeo 250 or 500 are another option as well...same drive train as the BV 250/500, but different looks.
  5. approachbears

approachbears 250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer:
    I looked at the large number of motorcycles listed in your signature line and thought to myself, "Sell the least loved one and just go buy a scooter." But don't be too hung up on highway capable. You're sort of half way there not wanting to be mistaken for a motorcycle. So just get a small wheel scoot with typical 150-200cc (or even less) power and find out what its all about. They are a blast.

BTW, the T-max and this mini version X-max look very motorcycle-like to me. Not everything needs to look like a Vespa to be a scooter, but these scoots look basically like a sport bike from the front.
  6. rtking

rtking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed - Yamaha should bring this to the US. I think they have a gap in their scooter line-up that this would fill nicely. Lots of people riding Zuma 125s and trying to attain highway speeds. While they can do 60-70 mph (indicated), they have no power left for passing, etc.

Personally, I prefer to have more cc's since I do a bit of freeway riding and I'm a big guy, so it was the Tmax for me (and zero regrets.)
  7. HBrew

HBrew Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great looking scooter. I would love to test ride it and compare it to the SYM Citycom 300i.
  8. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    On three different occasions I have heard of Honda muscling the dealers around to be exclusive Honda dealers and even going to a Honda only stores. so competition in the market Place is Ideal I ride Honda but would consider other fine machines because with arrogance comes the beginning of the fall. Some think that Honda wants a Honda only store to remove price comparing that is done in a multi variety shops. A shop in Utah sent a truck load of Hondas back to honda when they demanded that the build a stand alone store after building a new multi variety show room and shop for millions.

I welcome Yamaha into the sucking Vacume Honda is Making when the stopped listening to the costomers and stopped producing the 250 reflex and Helix. and brought out a $15,000 DN-1 and thought we would Bite at that Price.
  9. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd buy the X-Max 250 if they brought it in to the US. It seems to be the perfect size, not too big (I find the Burgman-sized scooters too large and heavy for errand running and ease of parking) and not too small (my Agility 125 is the perfect size for 35 mph suburban two lane roads and running errands close to home, but not powerful enough to take on the highway).
  10. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    I like it. More power than the SH150, more modern looking than a Vespa, Yammy reliability, I would consider one!:clap
  11. nate49509

nate49509 n00b

Oddometer:
    Woah, nice. I think I like it more than the T-Max.
  12. kdude

kdude Happy to be here !

Oddometer:
    You have no idea what your missing... trust me, once you ride scooter you won't be hopping on a motorcycle anytime soon... don't say i didn't warn you :lol3 , by the way the Honda 300 is a perfect machine.. we don't have these in Norh America so i bought a Vespa 300 and am in :raabia
  13. rhys

rhys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I should make clear that I don't CURRENTLY have all those motorcycles in my signature...... they're what I've had over the last 38 years.

See...... I gotta have me a smaller scooter, can't do a maxi'.

And given as how I'm 55, and early memories of my parents touring Europe on a pair of Vespas, my preference is for the iconic image of the Wasp. If I can't have the icon, then at least give me a scooter on the small side, with the heart of a freeway legal lion, errr Wasp (Vespa).
  14. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    And a lot more storage space on the Scarabeo.. with usually better reviews
    re: handling and brakes on the Scarabeo too. And it's cheaper then BV
    here in EU.