2014 Colorado Classic 1000

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by LD_Rider, Nov 8, 2013.

1. LD_Rider

LD_Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    June 21-22, 2014<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Registration is now open for the 2014 Colorado Classic 1000, the signature long-distance riding event of the BMW Motorcycle Club of Colorado that challenges participants to complete a prescribed scenic 1000+ mile route within 24 hours. This year we depart the Denver area for Grand Lake, CO, the long way around! The route features many of our favorite high country backroads and mountain passes, crossing the Continental Divide five times along the way. Qualified finishers will receive a commemorative award in recognition of their accomplishment and the opportunity to register with the Iron Butt Association for SaddleSore 1000 certification.<o:p></o:p>
    Route opens at 5:00 AM, June 21, at the Holiday Inn in Lakewood,CO, and closes 24 hours later at the Grand Lake Lodge in Grand Lake, CO. Fee: $49 ($60 after May 10th). No entries accepted after June 7th. This event is limited to 60 entries and is expected to sell out early. All bikes are welcome. Contact: Eric Levy (303) 670-6073 or coloradoclassic1000@bmwmcc.org or visit us at www.bmwmcc.org

2. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    I'm glad it's back! :thumb
  3. #1Fan

#1Fan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm... sounds interesting.
  4. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    I participated in 2009, the last time that it was run. Eric is a great rallymaster!
  5. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Sweet. Ill probably be in :)
  6. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great day! I'm not sure what kind of bike I'll have by then since I tend to change bikes a try different things quite often but I think I'll go ahead and sign up for this anyway. I'm sure I'll have something worthy... I did a saddle sore 1000 a couple years ago on a Cagiva Gran Canyon but never sent in the receipts and paperwork to make it official. I'm a lot more lazy about organizing paperwork and sending in receipts than I am about a long ride.

Edit: Registered and paid! In!
  7. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Gettin' older Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another reason to keep working on the K75 project. That would be a fun break in run.
  8. bouldertag

bouldertag WannabenarlyADV'rrrr

Oddometer:
    Ahhw!! BMW only. Enjoy all!
  9. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Nope! Read again, it clearly states that all bikes welcome. Look at the pics from the BMW site, all kinds of bikes on the last one. I don't have a Beemer and I'm going.
  10. bouldertag

bouldertag WannabenarlyADV'rrrr

Oddometer:
    Oh Sweet.

Just did a quick glance at the ride and assumed only for BMW's.

Thanks for the correction. Will be looking into this one for sure.

boulder
  11. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    In 2009, some notable bikes that finished were a custom Harley Softail chopper, a Honda Superhawk, and my Guzzi Lemans. Pretty good variety of bikes from the expected BMW K-LT and Honda Goldwings, on down to bikes you might not expect. Pretty fun bunch of people at the event.
  12. TheRoss

TheRoss IBA# 522, MOA, ABC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great plan!
  13. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Sign up ASAP if you want to do this. I booked my room at Grand Lake Lodge today and the "block" is already full. I booked a cabin at a slightly discounted rate but it sounds as if they are filling up FAST!

Looking forward to this ride!
  14. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a winner? Or is it the distance and time only?
  15. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    It's a SaddleSore1000, sponsored by BMW Club Colorado as a "group event".

Not a race. As in any SS1000, finishers complete 1000 miles within 24-hours. CC1000 has two mandatory fuel stops, used as check points.

The draw of this event is that it covers many of the "must-do" roads and passes in Colorado, while keeping almost exclusively on 2-lane roads.

It's a little different each time. Last event was 2009 and included some Northern New Mexico roads, and ended at Crested Butte Colorado. Other routes include Eastern Utah. I'm told this year's ride will be all inside Colorado, though the route won't be known until the night before.
  16. Big bike

Big bike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now just to sneak the days on the work calender, only to make the boss forget I've got time off scheduled two weeks later! Oh, I'm one of those that works Saturdays. Ugh
  17. LD_Rider

LD_Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Everyone, thanks for your interest. Just to clear up any misconceptions, our room block at the Grand Lake Lodge is NOT sold out -- there are still plenty of rooms available. Contact me if you have any questions about this. My info is on the website.

I hope to see your entry soon! You can register on-line using PayPal, or you can mail your entry and check. See you in June!
  18. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Well then the Grand Lake Lodge reservations people were not telling the truth about the reservation block when I called in to book! That sucks. They told me the block was full and they only had 2 cabin left for that night, a king size bed cabin and a bunk bed cabin with a queen on bottom and a twin on top. The cost was $150 a night.
  19. LD_Rider

LD_Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent. I'm disappointed that you had that experience. That's not our group rate, and many rooms are still available on our block. I'd suggest calling back and asking for the Colorado Classic 1000 rate. If you're unable to get satisfaction, please let me know and I will take care of it.
  20. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Thank You, Eric!
    I will be sure to contact them again and get this straightened out. I truly appreciate the follow-up. Already looking forward to the ride!