950 Super Enduro "Quick Question(s)" Thread...

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by WARRIORPRINCEJJ, Jun 20, 2010.

1. DavidKXF

DavidKXF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We asked KTM South Africa how many were sold and they could only tell us that a total of 164 were sold in South Africa, they did not know the worldwide figures.
  2. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    Hey Viper, there's a few of us around Colorado.... KTM950 high altitude jetting
  3. JustinT

JustinT I will ride my whole life

Oddometer:
    Please tell me more! The H2W made a big improvement.... but if there is more to be had and filter alternative to the airbox as well, I'm game. The only alternative to more power is fcr pumpers but I don't think the added cost and difficult tuning of the pumper carbs are justified at this time.
    Edit: I was thinking cpr rottweiler replacement filter when I posted, I didn't realize the dna was still a oem replacement drop in. But it was worth it? 3 oem filters and you pay for it.
  4. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My experience with DNA Filters :clap

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440368

(3 years, going on 4 with the original filter and it still works great....although I did get a 2nd just in case.)

[​IMG]
  5. mousitsas

mousitsas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Joker650, what is your altitude and main jets with the DNA?
  6. v8toilet

v8toilet Nothing to see here.

Oddometer:
    Any way to improve steering lock to lock angles on the SE? Offset triple clamps etc? The 690 and SE both have pretty dismal steering in tight places. I know some guys just solve it by spooling up the rear but in some cases that is not a great solution. I've gotten as much movement as I can out of the stock setup without making contact with the frame but I'd like a bit more.
  7. kanur

kanur cu new er

Oddometer:
    :ear I'd like to know too. I used a thin strip of cardboard as a feeler gauge between the frame and forks to get as much out of mine as I could but it could stand a lot more.
  8. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    The best way to tighten the turning radius on an Adv or SE is to learn well the technique where you lock-up and slide the rear end into the turn about 90 degrees and then get on the gas and power slide the rear end the rest of the way around.

Takes practice, but I can usually get my SE around in about a 6' trail.
  9. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not much you can do with the frame's we have.
  10. muscly

muscly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here in Norway it is only 10, and I have one of them:clap
  11. wilso122

wilso122 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello, anyone on here used Tubliss on the mighty 950SE? preferably in muddy, sandy type conditions. Any other thoughts?

Cheers Wilso!
  12. RibRoy

RibRoy RibRoy

Oddometer:
    And I got two :) Although one of mine is sold new in US, So I guess it must be 11 in Norway then?
  13. brents347

Oddometer:
    I am running a front Tubliss sytem on my SE and love it. No sand yet, but I rode my last Adv. with a Tubliss front in LOTS of sand and had great luck. FYI, going to the Tubliss on my SE took 4 lbs off the front wheel.
  14. wilso122

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply, from what I have read its ok on the front but the rear rim is too wide?? Did you drill a new hole as from memory the stock rim lock hole is further away than 4 spokes... not sure that really makes a difference...
  15. brents347

Oddometer:
    I did drill and run a new hole. Honestly I have done it both ways. I think for ease of tire mounting they say no more than 4 spokes away. Whatever.

I have also heard they are going to build a rear set-up for the 2 1/2" SE rim but I have yet to see it.
  16. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    I've read with the right tire there current 18 will work on the 2.5 rim with a 908
  17. GoinRidin

GoinRidin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fuel light question? How does it work? I usually could go > 15 miles after the fuel light came on, but Recently I ran out of gas before it came on and also last week I ran out with just 8 miles after it came on. All with the stock tank.
  18. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Sounds like one side of your fuel shut offs is Closed or the crossover hose is restricted :scratch
  19. wilso122

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, from Jeff at tubliss, very helpful bloke.

"At this time we do not have anything to fit your bike, but we are working on a NEW system - specifically made for ON-ROAD use! With any luck it will be available by the end of this year & would ask that you please check back then if you still have an interest!"

So I will keep an eye out and in the mean time fit up some mousses..
  20. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    any have a good recommendation for rear brake pads? noticed on my last rear tire change that they are getting thin. I've always liked the Moose pads but wasn't sure what compound (kevlar vs. sintered) or if there was one anyone likes..

I've never used rear brakes on street bikes, but after riding off road a fair amount (on purpose thank you very much!) last weekend, I need to have some rear braking again!!