New and improved KTM690 WUNDERFEST

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by crankshaft, Sep 6, 2011.

1. dudedude

dudedude Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in the same boat. Remember thinking to myself.. "hmmm, this is pretty far, shouldn't the fuel light be on by now?" :D No idea what the fix is, aside from tracking mileage very carefully.
  2. Oz-Strom

Oz-Strom Still trying

Oddometer:
    Check the wires where they join the switch in the tank. These can pull out, but can be reconnected with a small screw into the body of the switch.
  3. numbutt

numbutt john

Oddometer:
    i am a bit more advanced with an external fuel pump move than i am in working the fine details of posting on this forum !!!!!...is ther some kind person who can tell me the what should be the simple process of getting a picture off my desktop into this post ??? !!! seems to want a URL or someting to make a simple task difficult..... thankyou john
  4. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Join Smugmug or some such website that you can upload your pictures to....and then right -click on the pic in Smugmug (or whatever website you choose to use to store your pics) and highlight "Image location" (ie. URL), and then paste it onto the yellow icon (mountain peaks) on the ADV posting page....

But since you are in Oz, won't the pictures be upside down if I look at them here in Canada???:D

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  5. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    no worries ged, we take our pictures upside down down under so as long as you are right side up the pictures should appear bottom side down :D
  6. bobzilla

bobzilla Dirty Old Man

Oddometer:
    ill host your pics if yo e mail them to me if you want
  7. goosecreek

goosecreek Ashes ashes all fall down Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Oz strom when I get a day that is to shitty to ride and I am not working I will check it and post the results.
  8. Brute

Brute Melbourne , outer east .

Oddometer:
    As I`m currently replacing shock linkage bearings , I keep whining to myself " Why didn`t they make the 690 a PDS ? "
  9. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    At least they could've thrown on a couple Zerk fittings like back in the good old days. :deal
  10. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    NF,
    Those of us in the colonies are so damned adaptive...:clap. Thanks for clearing that up....ya had me worried for a bit. :huh
  11. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A previous poster pointed out that CA Cycleworks has improved their $130 replacement pump by re-fitting a "barbed" attachment for the fuel line (so it doesn't slip off in the tank....and that's my guess Bob for repair #3... :ear???)

So the cool part is that they just shipped me an improved one for free!!!!!!!!!! I still have the original in it's package and they have not asked for it to be returned. They may want it back, but I will wait until I pick up the new one....and that will be a month away at least as it is shipped to a US address that I won't be near until August...

So, I think they are a good place to deal with :clap
  12. Dazed Productions

Dazed Productions Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have them on mine. The side sections give the assembly stiffness both forward-backwards and sideways and the cross brace helps with sideways loads. I was bending things before and all seems solid now. Only compaint is that the fixings for the rad guard do not work. They have what seem to be pressed in studs that spin when you attach the supplied nyloc nuts. I fitted standard nuts to hold the studs and then the nyloc nuts. Not best, studs should have been welded or something? Impressed with how light weight the protectors are, no experience of the KTM ones.
  13. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    I did the "barb" repair myself.
    A piece of plastic fixed on the nipple with Loctite fuel resistant superglue then shaped with sandpaper.

[​IMG]

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ce2bda
  14. The First Heretic

The First Heretic .

Oddometer:
    are you talking about the mounts that secure the bottom fairing bolt?
    those mounts with the rubber bushing do not get used. the plastics go into the mounts supplied by the radiator protector.
  15. numbutt

numbutt john

Oddometer:
    HI thanks Bob and guys for info on picture post i will figure it out. I expect Advrider and others does not actually want to have to provide vast storage for photos and the web page only runs off and retrives it from our storage at the time of someone loading a forum page....
    Of interest to some of you is the fact that long ago, before Elvis was a boy , before Abe LIncon, back
    in the days of Adam and Eve [ it could be Adam and Steve nowdays ] all the maps of the world were the right way around showing Australia at the top. [ With an unemployment rate of 5% this is still where it should be !! ]
    My Cycle works pump [ made in china ] has a straight non barbed outlet .
  16. Brute

Brute Melbourne , outer east .

Oddometer:
    Nice work .
  17. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    I'd like to say that it's some sort of a ferrule machined to spec for NASA that I fitted to the pump but it's a section cut off of an ink pen. :lol3 I believe the pen was advertising Prozac. :dunno

I cut some threads on the pieces before I glued it just in case Loctite exaggerated on the spec sheet. Either way it's not coming apart. :deal
  18. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Question for the experts or not so experts who know.

Your stuck on the side of the road, your battery has been disconnected to make a repair and ontop of that the temp switch for the fan has failed.

So now you cant do the 15 minute run up without over heating, but your FI supposedly needs it.

How much damage are you gonna do if you just ride the bike back out?
  19. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Pull the wires off the temp sensor, hold them together and let the fan run for 15 minutes.
  20. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    as far as I know the 15mn is only when you remap the ECU. disconnecting the battery shouldn't need any 15mn reset.