Palouse Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Spaniard, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Spaniard

Spaniard Confined Traveler

Oddometer:
    I am a Moscow resident looking to meet some people that live here on the Palouse. I don't always have a lot of free time and that can make it hard to make plans for rides far in advance and travel several hours to meet with others to go on a ride. I would like to meet some local riders with the hope that it will be easier to organize rides on short notice. Just looking for any and all that want to occasionally get together on the weekends for rides to explore a little of northern Idaho. If you are interested make a post so that others can see and drop me a PM since I don't frequently check these threads.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

There has been some interest in the email list and in hopes of making people feel more comfortable about adding their name to it I think it might be sensible to establish some rules/guidlines so that people don't regret doing so and also to keep emails from anyone else on the list legitimate.

1. The email list will just be used to inform others of rides and not to pass along junk mail.

If you are comfortable with this send me a PM with your email address. There seems to be a growing response to this thread and although your email address will not be posted publicly it will be disseminated among other members of the list so that you can be informed by any of them about a ride. Or, if you want to organize a ride it is for you to inform everyone else. Once again, the sole purpose of this is to help us link up with local riders and enjoy the very thing that brought us all here. Motorcycles!

Current E Listers:
    Mr. Vintage
    Spaniard
    IDScarecrow
    sideboiler
    75monza
    Leftystocks
    Phantom30
    soebutt

and growing.....
  2. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    On Saturday March 7 there is a breakfast meeting of the area BMW riders and everyone else who wants to come.
    The meeting will be at The Bistro restuarant 407 Bridge Street in Clarkston Washington. Bridge street is hwy 12 through Clarkston and the restuarant is on the south side of the street across from Albertson's grocery store.
    There are riders who come from St Maries , Kamiah, Moscow, and Pendleton and Wallowa, Oregon so come by if you like. . If the weather is good enough to ride I know there is at least one ride starting from there about 11 am and at least one Moscow resident going.
  3. TedsGlobeStomper

TedsGlobeStomper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was in Lewiston yesterday :evil it was 64 degrees of heaven. rode 95 from Post falls. spiral hiway. little rain not too bad. 38 degrees in post falls on return. allways up for a ride if the phone no ringy...:wink:
  4. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two BMW riders here in Clarkston... but right now we are spending all of our time on the Ski-Doos but later we are in
  5. Mr. Vintage

Mr. Vintage Family Dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings fellow palouse-ite. My time is similarly limited, so great idea. As with everthing else in my life, I've been meaning to make it to one of the Lewiston (or Spokane) gatherings and it has never worked out.

I have short ride in mind for this weekend (backroads to Steptoe Butte), but I'm not sure if or when it's going to materialize yet. Saturday maybe?
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Hi Mr. Vintatage :wave
    Let us know if you are able to make it up the Butte. :vardy :lol3
  7. Rainier_Rider

Rainier_Rider Gone

Oddometer:
    Hmmm.... Steptoe Butte. I wonder how snowy it is still.

This summer I wanna get to know the palouse better, westward.
    Looks like there's lots of dirt roads down/ out that way.
  8. Spaniard

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if any of the folks around the Palouse that are looking at this thread would be interested in setting up a list of emails that we can save in our address books. That way when we get that little twitch to go on a ride we can send it out to the others instantly so that any and all who are interested/available can find out without having to look at the thread as frequently. I was thinking that it might trim down communication time and make it easier for more people to find out. What do you think?

I'll start. justins@vandals.uidaho.edu:cob
  9. Mr. Vintage

Oddometer:
    Although I probably check here as much or more than I check my email, I'll go for a shot at a little local rider community. I'm jlannigan(at)<AT>pullman.com.

That said, let's keep the Palouse Riders thread alive... I know of a couple other local inmates, might be good to do a meet and greet sometime. TheTourist, IDScarecrow, Dread, hello out there. There are probably others lurking about...

Hi Ladybug! I'm fairly certain they plow the road up to the radio widgets on top - getting there shouldn't be a big deal, but being cold might be!
  10. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
    I'm going to stay closer to home this year and will probably be up for a short ride or two.

I'm headed for Lewiston this saturday. I just got the tabs renewed on the TA so am taking it for a spin.
  11. Mr. Vintage

Oddometer:
    Steptoe is on for this Saturday. Meet me at the Dissmores in Pullman at 10:00am if you are game. The route is here, about 50/50 pavement/gravel.

I plan on bringing lunch for a break at Elberton.

Be there or square.
  12. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    not to rain (actually snow) on the parade, but better check the weather for this weekend
  13. Spaniard

Oddometer:
    Two separate weather sources say that Saturday will be partly sunny and in the 40's. So, its official. The first ride of the Palouse Riders thread is arranged. Any and all who are interested should pack a lunch and come along. I'll see you there Mr. Vintage. :clap

P.S. I am trying to put together a list of emails with the hope of cutting down the time that it takes to notify people of future rides. If anyone is interested, please post your email address or send it to me in a PM. If you send it to me in a PM I will add your name to the list but won't publicy display your email address.

Current List of Emails:
    Mr. Vintage
    Spaniard
    IDScarecrow

and growing......
  14. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Steptoe sounds interesting for Saturday...but the window I am having installed in about 10 hours will still need to be trimmed out on the inside and newer bigger better drapes hung on a new set of rods. I beat Phyllis to the punch and just told her we needed new drapes for the new window and to get busy shopping.
    So I may still be busy Saturday. I will post before 8 am Saturday morning if I am going to make it.

The following weekend ( March 7) several of us are planning to start from a breakfast meeting in Clarkston and ride around most of the day.
  15. IsettaBob

IsettaBob Isetta loving fool

Oddometer:
    The Tempter and I will be there on Saturday. 1st ride of the year, looking forward to it!
  16. thetourist

Oddometer:
    I'm in for Steptoe Butte. I got my weekends mixed up. Lewiston breakfast the next weekend.

My puter is slow and I can't zoom in the map. Is the route out past Kamiak Butte. thru the valley toward Colfax? One of my favorites in the spring.

Dismores at 10:00
  17. Mr. Vintage

Oddometer:
    Cool - this is working out well! Yes, I was planning to skirt Kamiak to the west on the way there, and to the east on the way back.
  18. thetourist

Oddometer:
    excellent! It's been years since I was over by Albion.
  19. Mr. Vintage

Oddometer:
    Brrr... Hope it's a bit warmer tomorrow...:vardy
  20. Traverse

Traverse LostBearings

Oddometer:
    You can use my bike for the ride.....I hear it's pretty Hot.:1drink

I like the route. Should be fun.