Lock up your grandmothers

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by McCardigan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Looks like good car weather for the next couple of days anyway :D

If you max out Postie's fabrication capability trying to keep that old beemer hanging together remember I've got enough workshop gear to be well dangerous now incl TIG welder & lathe so bring it on down.

Cheers
    Clint
  2. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is this a general invite for all old beemers in need of repair? :lol3
  3. Oscar

Oscar Constant Antagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    What about old beemer riders in need of repair?
  4. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe Clint could make some inserts to hold my ribs together. Re-broke them yesterday lifting an awkward box...which I knew I shouldn't be doing, but..
  5. clintnz

Oddometer:
    Turn up with plenty of good beer & we'll see what we can do. :1drink (which is probably something along the lines of saying 'no, it's fucked. Why the hell did you ever sell the 640?') :rofl

There's a nice hot pool just down the road & I could enquire with the local wahines about a 'therapeutic massage' for you :evil

[​IMG]

Clint
  6. Oscar

Oddometer:
    I bailed out of the last ride due to a kidney stone.
    What's she gonna do to help that???:huh
  7. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
  8. Oscar

Oddometer:
  9. Rosie!

Rosie! Little MissAdventure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Of course, except Clint would give your bike to the dodgy apprentice :deal
  10. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    What are you doing this weekend? Serious!

You supply the implements, I'll happily supply the beer and GOOD Wine, both Red and White, was a Red man but down here I have gone all Sav Blanc. Vic is now producing some of the best Reds especially Shiraz in the World. Marlbough is doing the same with their Sav Blanc's.
  11. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    Bloody hell mcargle havent you heard of a place called maclaren vale????? Even their crap reds are a good drop ( gotta love living in a country where you can get good red cheap enough to have it with snags:D)
  12. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    I'll tell you, had I not been told of the R80GSPD, I would have snapped this up. After all, It is just a GS with a bloody big fairing:D.

Seriously, as a mile muncher, all road/track capability, all weather protection, there is nothing that comes close. Only downside is that it has the 800 motor, but for an extra $2000Aus, put in the Sibenbrock 1000cc barrels and dual plugging.

As for the mag wheels, just carry a 6lb mash hammer and a piece of heavy rubber:lol3

Having owned a 81 R100RT, a 79 and 83 RS, and still have a 75 R90s,plus half a doz R80GSPD's, not to mention several K's, I think I can speak with a little bit of knowledge.
  13. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    G/day Dennis

Indeed I have, its about 600k's away from the center of the RedCentre, Heathcote and its siblings Rutherglen and Wangaratta, which is about right on a scale of greatness.

I agree, good cheap Aussie reds are plentiful, in fact I gargle with them, down here I use the local reds for cut and polishing:lol3:lol3:lol3
  14. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Although Dirty Dennis might just be a bit miffed, and he does have the credentials on the board:wink::wink::wink:
  15. clintnz

Oddometer:
    Fixing some old bavarian piece of junk by sound of it :lol3 Bring it on down, it'd be a pleasure to have you stay & to help out. The only thing we have planned for the weekend is a wee ride around a few of the local backroads on Saturday afternoon which I'm sure you'd enjoy. If we make good progress on Miss Heidie we could no doubt sort out a tour of some more of the local attractions on Sunday.

Any wine is good as long as it don't come from the final drive :D We love our cheap Aussie reds too but can certainly appreciate a nice Sauv Blanc now the weather is warming up.

Cheers
    Clint
  16. Flodder

Flodder Flodder

Oddometer:
    What happened to Mcardle. Has someone pulled the plug on his lap top
    Flodder :lol3:lol3:lol3
  17. clintnz

Oddometer:
    Just heard from him, he's been busy relaxing & riding. Tough life. Visiting us this weekend so I'm stocking up on wine & BMW spare parts.

Cheers
    Clint
  18. Flodder

Flodder Flodder

Oddometer:
  19. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    G/day Flodder,

Beleive it or not, I have been a very good boy:D

Seriously! As some people are aware, I got grounded from riding/driving/flying about 10 days ago, had a big wake up call.

I had 2 serious doses of P in the previous few weeks, one emotional, one physical:evil

I reckon I have had more tests then Ricky Ponting, most have proved that a I have a heart, b there is something grey between the ears, c I can easily blow up hot air ballons.

However there is/was a dark cloud looming, Diabetees(sp?). No medication needed if I amend my ways.

So I have. Reduce my grog intake, get off suggary foods, lose weight, exercise.

Got the OK to go riding again on Wednesday, and I'm right back in the groove. Carved up the Coro yesterday, today had a ball riding with a group of riders down the Motu, one of NZ's premier dirt roads. Tomorrrow the Waikaremoana, even longer, with temps in the high 20's.
    In Gisbourne waiting for a new rear tyre to be delivered overnight, they just don't make tyres like they use to, only 10,000kms in a month:cry

And I'm back taking photo's, 150+ in the last 2 days.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to be crisscrossing NZ in earnst. There is a little ride coming up in March called the Southern Cross, and I intend to do a bit of recco for it:wink:
  20. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    The big D is eminently manageable, if you are a good boy!

The Southern Cross is a great ride. No need to reccy much for it, just tag along/ask those in the know as you go. I've found some great rides (mostly tarseal though) tagging along with ppl on the Southern Cross.

I have some unfinished business: some plans not yet executed are 1. to add in the highest point on each island, 2. do as much dirt as possible, and 3. do NSEW on each island. Ups the ante quite a bit though.