Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Post of the month. Now cue Pluric.
  2. Matified

Matified been there done that

Oddometer:
    Started at Ten mile and ended up in Moab, here are a few pics, and video will follow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took the KLX650r to places it did not really belong, should have taken a more dirt oriented bike that was at least 50lbs lighter.
    I was worn out! The guys I went with had been there many times, and this was my first attempt at Moab.

They were riding, Husaberg 570, KTM 450, KTM 400, and a CRF450x.

any bike bigger than the 650 would probably still be out there as a permanent part of the trails, lesson learned.

Still was a great time, and am looking forward to a return, but with a lighter bike.
  3. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    We took some pictures about a year ago...I kept almost running him over and ruining the pictures.

Not a bad list, but at the least you forgot $200 tires (just the rear tires) and $300 chain and sprockets and a kick stand relocator. Something about a 100 HP dirtbike makes them a bit expensive to run.

Oh, and an easier way to deal with the shims is to use a set of 9.48mm from Hondas or most other 450s. I've been doing that in the 950 with for 10K miles. They slop around a little, but so far no issues.

Just getting it back together after a little valve lovin' yesterday.

[​IMG]
  4. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Yeah, that's about right and what I'd expect.. The biggest thing is the low miles... :)

I can hardly afford one but I have a bunch of stuff that is basically "savings" aka shit I can sell... :)

My thought on the regular is since it needs to go in for respring/revalve anyway I guess they can change the travel too... Pretty stubborn on possibly buying JTrue's though I haven't had a single person yet say I should but it... :1drink
  5. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like an honest young man.
  6. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Don't forget the sidestand and centerstand. They need to change with the suspension change.
  7. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. I'm taking some low/med experience guys on a couple of day loop early in June. I was thinking about starting in Fillmore, hitting part of the Piute and then heading east maybe spending the night near Torrey and then looping back west and north on day 2. Has anyone put a loop like that together? Any suggestions? These guys will be on dirt bikes, so the less slab runs the better.
  8. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    With the weather sunny & the temperature up it seemed like a good day ti visit Knolls with the 500 EXC for some testing. Been spending way too much time working Not many people, lots of sand, rocks, blue sky, fresh air. Just wish it was closer.

I think I can see Wendover from here...

[​IMG]

This new headlight system that I am developing with John at Advmonster (he has fantastic LED lights) has been occupying much of my time lately. Lousy weather doesn't help..

[​IMG]

Knolls has a nice variety of terrain but not much vegetation...

[​IMG]

Finally got the GPS mounted...

[​IMG]

The sand provided a fun ride & a good test for the new big foot on the kickstand...

[​IMG]

Also, finally installed the new 13 L tank. KTM & Acerbis did a good job...

[​IMG]

All worked well. This is one fun bike! Not more than the 990 but certainly equal. :D
  9. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great day out at Elberta on the trials bikes. It was crazy to be riding in short sleeves. Here is Jack showing how its done.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U4Fd7qh34_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I have to throw this one in from the Rhino Rally. I love it down there.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/twvt7ATJdHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Are those HID in there?
    [​IMG]
  11. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    I was planning to just add some delrin (type of plastic) pucks to the ends.. ?
  12. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    What a beautiful day. I was mostly down in SLC enjoying the weather. Must have seen dozens and dozens of bikes out all over town.. :)
  13. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was a nice day. I spent it finishing up the job you started. :bluduh
  14. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    LEDs from Advmonster....http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/StoreFront.bok

The most lumens for the size & watts that I have found! This headlight / fairing will be available with Model 30, 44 or 60 LEDs. The 60 lites put out 3200 lumens each at only 28 watts per. A dimmer will be on the low beam to make it usable on the road. :D
  15. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Commander51 stretched the suspenders on his "new" 950 so much that I needed to add 2.5 inches to both the center & side as well as adding a 3 in dia "bigfoot" to the side! :D
  16. stuckinUT

stuckinUT I Wanna Ride!

Oddometer:
    What were you riding? I was out all day too.
  17. KJUtah

KJUtah Just Kill Me Now... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    I was out all day today as well...awesome day for riding. I live in Kaysville area and went to Park City/Deer Valley area and checked the status of Guardsmans Pass:~) not open yet (obviously) but thought I'd check....
    Always up for a short notice ride if anyone needs a riding partner. My main ride is a GS1200 but I dabble in dirt and track..
    :freaky
  18. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    So how does that translate to say a standard 100w bulb?

Dumb it down for me.
  19. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Its been too long since I've been out to the Knolls, I need to make it out there again.

Who's sport'n the new Berg's? Do we have a Burg dealer in Utah now?
  20. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Missed the invite. I cant ride those things anyway. Their top end is too flat.:D