KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Klim must be ready to introduce a new updated or replacement product.:ear
  2. ezwicky

ezwicky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is what i am thinking as well. i was considering the badlands jacket but i think i will wait a few months and see what comes out new.
  3. milzispete

milzispete is it supposed to look like that?

Oddometer:
    Or are you better off buying the last of the origional Klim designs? Polaris bought them out last year remember. Not sure if the newer stuff is any better or worse. Just thought I would add to the confusion [emoji3]
  4. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    There's some pics quite a few pages back. I just got my Badlands in today and after having 2 prior Badlands with the sleeve gators, I cut these out with an exacto knife. I left about a 1/4" from the stitching to leave room for error. I wish I did this on the other two. S much easier to get into and I sweat less with the current temps at 105F. I looked through this thread for pictures before I cut mine and I see some inmates took theirs to a seamstress for a more professional job.
  5. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Just a note that Revzilla has the Badlands stuff on sale right now: $200 off the jackets and $150 off the pants.
  6. CGFS

CGFS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any thoughts as to when the new badlands might hit the shelves. I'm in the market/ need new riding gear for the winter. It's between this and an R3, but would like to have an idea about the update before I spend this much cash on one.
  7. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    If they're going to do anything, I'd expect an announcement around the time of the dealers' expo in late winter.
  8. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    I'm a little disappointed in the Klim Badlands Pro jacket. Rode down from Atlanta to Tampa yesterday and hit some pretty heavy down pours. I had my wallet in the right chest pocket and it got soaking wet. I made sure the zipper was closed properly. Am I expecting to much out of goretex? The jacket is a month old and has been worn twice. Funny thing though is that the rest of me was pretty dry. I just had some wet spot right behind the front zipper.
  9. DarkFlames

DarkFlames Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Check out page 72 of this very thread. :deal
  10. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    well crap. here I thought the whole jacket was water resistant.

Thanks for the info
  11. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    They come with a removable Goretex pouch in the chest pocket now. If yours is older and never had one, I bet if you called up Klim, they'd send you one at no charge or for just the cost of mailing it in an envelope.
  12. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    I just dug around in the pocket and found the pouch.
    Ugh
  13. CGFS

CGFS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The pockets are not waterproof. They include a small bag which is, though.
  14. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    If the pocket isn't water proof then why put one of those zippers in that makes it look water proof. You know with that plastic liner line the main jacket zipper
  15. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    What about the wrist pocket? Is that water proof?
  16. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    No
  17. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    They are waterproof, from the outside in. Don't think too hard about it (it hurts, trust me), just accept that things inside the shell stay dry from rain, but get wet in the pockets.

I personally think it's voodoo, but what do I know? :dunno
  18. MaxSeven

MaxSeven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully, they will redesign the uber-baggy pants, by removing the sag-bag diaper butt, reducing the leg material circumference and increase the rise a bit.
  19. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    The pockets on the badlands are not seam sealed- you can visually inspect and confirm on the pleats.

They will resist water, but will seep water in through the stitching in a heavy enough rain. The spiel about sweat condensing on the inside is bs.
  20. num1husker

num1husker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the badlands jacket and pants showed up today and it's kind of a mixed bag of what I think. There is no doubt that its a good quality piece of gear but I am concerned about the collar. When zipped up in the "normal" position it binds up between my helmet and the collar. Does the material ever get flexible enough in time to reduce the pressure when looking down at the gauges? I know you can half zip the coat to anchor down the collar however in all the coats I have had I've never ran into this amount of starch.

The pants fit very good on length and I told them that I wear a 36 inch waist in jeans but was talked into a 34" pant they said that the pants are a generous cut which compared to some I have to agree. My question is do the pants every loosen up enough in the waist? I have no adjustment left and the elastic is stretched. My concern is if I go up to a 36" waist the length would be a bit to long.

Again very good quality and I just don't want to shell out that much money if it is what it is and it won't get better. I have friends that could wear concrete and think its comfortable and others who think silk is to rough binding, I am somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

So you guy's that have gone through this same scenario I would love to hear from you and what route you ended up taking.

thanks