The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Interesting family tree.

[​IMG]
  2. PunkinHead

PunkinHead Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn, you got a beauty! I didn't see anything that nice when my son and I visited Camp Perry during Xmas break. They did you right.

This morning I installed an adjustable gas plug on my son's. Not because I want to shoot commercial ammo, just because I want to adjust the action so it doesn't throw the brass so far. 30-06 brass is expensive enough that I want to retrieve every piece of it for reloading.
  3. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here are my JMB pieces:
    [​IMG]

Top to bottom: Les Baer Custom Carry, Colt Officers Model (highly modified), Browning Hi-Power (Belgium)

My dad, a US Army medic at the Battle of Luzon, brought back this 8mm Nambu:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dad recalls taking it from a wounded Japanese lieutenant. The holster appears to be a cut-down US issued model for a 1911. The grips were altered, perhaps with aircraft plexiglass and there photos of American girls were inserted. Time and mold are taking their toll on the photos, as you can see. I fear this weapon has a grim history.

Mike
  4. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
  5. mustang

mustang Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    If you are eligble for a CMP Garand it comes in that case right to your front door . No FFL required .:evil
  6. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:
    Went to a local Wally World on the off chance they might have some pistol ammo...and a long held suspicion was confirmed. While they had some, they have placed a 3 box limit on ammunition purchases. They did this because a local gun--the largest private gun seller in the area--store was sending employees into walmarts and cleaning them out of 9mm, .40, .45, .223 & .308...then they were marking up prices & reselling.The 9mm HP ammo Wal mart sold for 13.97 per 20 (I think)...they were marking up $10.00.

This same store was selling $15.00 Pmags for $60.00 I knew the owner was a douche, but he certainly won't be getting my money ever again. I'll jump on the KLR and travel to Columbia to PSA, or to one of the other local shops from now on. Not saying that people aren't stupid for freaking out and buying everything in sight, but to buy up all the reasonably priced ammo and stick it to everyone is just low.

Picked up some buckshot and 2 boxes of Winchester white box .40 jhp.
  7. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    Fe Woman took a handgun class yesterday:

[​IMG]

They shot the usual humanoid targets; this was their certificate which was attached to the top right corner of the target.
    Not bad for 5 yds!
  8. John E

John E Long timer

Oddometer:

the name and location of the store in question.

Thanks.
  9. davsato

davsato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    watched "the world at war" this morning, episode 22/23/24 whatever, either 'the pacific' or 'japan' episodes, and it showed a clip of an island hopping marine with a garand definately on full auto, but either i dont remember seeing it or his left arm covered whether it had a box mag or not (filmed from his left side)
  10. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    You probably saw him firing a BAR, the only full auto service rifle issued at that time.
  11. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Jesus, was she shooting a 20mm?
  12. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    My Father in law was in the forward artillery at the battle of Luzon.
  13. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Amazing. I'd be interested in any more details.
  14. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

I really wish I could give more details. Dad is still here but Alzheimer's is robbing the old medic of many memories. Some years ago, a acquired an antique display case. In it is a little "museum," of sorts, that contain the Nambu pistol, an Arisaka carbine, dad's old "Ike" jacket uniform, a flight suit (he washed out of flight training), many photos, Nippon/Filipino currency and a few letter he wrote to his mother. I think it's kinda cool.

Mike
  15. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a nearly new handgun I'd like to sell. I want to do this responsibly and not see it fall into the hands of bad guys.
    I don't imagine dealers will offer as much as a private sale. How does one go about this?
  16. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    Image is actual size and she was shooting her Ruger P85.
  17. Medicine Creek

Medicine Creek 127.0.0.1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    from the internet..so you can just advertise and sell.

SECONDARY SALES
    Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales? Partial

Colorado - No state requirement that criminal background checks be done on people buying firearms through newspaper, internet or other advertisements or "on the street." Criminal background checks are only required if the buyer goes to a federally-licensed gun store or purchases a firearm at a recognized gun show. Aside from gun shows, all "private" sales between individuals are not subject to the background check. Also see: Gun Shows.

Return to the Menu
  18. urbancowboy

urbancowboy Vicious Cycler

Oddometer:
    once you find a buyer, you could use a local gun shop as the intermediary. would cost a few bucks, but might be worth it for your peace of mind.

you would meet the "buyer" at the shop, transfer the gun from yourself to the shop, and then they sell it to him.

might as well ask your local shops what they'll give you for the gun first.
  19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Ah.

Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed. :lol3
  20. mustang

mustang Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    armslist.com
    sell it face to face and require a ccw permit and drivers license for sale , now you know at least the person who bought it passed a background check to get their ccw permit .:deal