Sliders Gloves

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by switchback, Apr 12, 2013.

1. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    Thought this might be of interest. Bought 3 different pairs of Competition Accessories Sliders Gloves after reading a very positive review on WebBikeWorld.

Cold Pro Winter
    This glove is the one WBW reviewed. http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/sliders-cold-pro-kevlar-waterproof-gloves/ Majority of glove is leather with fabric in the Gauntlet. Waterproof Hipora lining tested in the review with no leaks. Thinsulate and Kevlar of course. Glove is very comfortable and not too bulky for a winter glove. Similar to my Olympia leather all season windtex gloves in bulk.
    [​IMG]

Trident
    This is an all leather glove with knuckle protection. Lots of protection in this gleve with added wrist support. If you are near the next size order up. I am close to a large so that is what I ordered for all the gloves but this particular glove is the tightest. Again great glove that is comfortable and has tons of protection.
    [​IMG]

Escape

Similar to the trident but perhaps not as sporty. Has most of the same protection but not as much wrist support. This glove fits a touch looser and has different knuckle guards. Time will tell which of the gloves I like better.
    [​IMG]

All gloves are priced at $39.99 which is a steal. The gloves easily compare to gloves 2-3x the price, all are comfortable, all have kevlar, Cold Pro is waterproof. Try them out if you need some gloves. :super
  2. Nitro1970

Nitro1970 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice as I'm in the market for a pair of gloves.

I wonder how their jackets are?
  3. BigChris99

BigChris99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a couple of pair of Sliders myself. Good quality at a GREAT price. 39.00 for any of 'em. Can't beat that with a stick. :D I like my Hi-Viz winter gloves. I wish more glove makers would come out them.
  4. switchback

Oddometer:
    Don't have the jacket but I would buy one. Read several positive reviews here and elsewhere. Biggest complaints are it is a heavy jacket and gets hot in summer.
  5. Nitro1970

Nitro1970 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks.. It'll be ok since I just gonna use it in winter months... I might go the leather route though
  6. switchback

Oddometer:
    Update:

I had the opportunity to ride with all the gloves and have a few observations.

The Cold pro was comfortable at around 26 degrees Fahrenheit. Gloves will take a few rides to break in but expect them to be comfortable. Happy with the large size so far but will wait till they are used a bit before a final decision on sizing.

The Escape is true to size. I was close to a large but still in the medium range so I ordered a large. I should have ordered a medium but they are only slightly big on me. I like the over sleeve gauntlet of this glove. Works better than the under sleeve gauntlet on the Trident when riding with my adventure jacket.

Unlike the escape, the Trident runs small. If you are close to the next size order up. The glove part fits like ... well a glove. Very comfortable. I do not like the gauntlet with my adventure style jacket, things may be better with my leather jacket.