1st BAAM (Brazilian ADV Annual Meeting)

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Robson Jaborá/SC, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:

Hey Evandro,

I forwarded the info to Mario, Rodrigo and Jake. I would really like to see more of Brazil. I just got back from Serra do Rio Rastro Friday. I took the long scenic route there. 600 Km!!!

From Jaragua do Sul:

Pomerode
    Indaial
    Rio do Sul
    Ituporanga
    Alfredo Wagner
    Urubici
    S. Joaguim
    Serra Rio do Rastro
    Gravatal

I did end up going about 45 Km the wrong way on the BR 282 so it should have been closer to 500 Km. The ride was very cool. In fact for the last 3-4 hours it was very cold, raining and heavy fog. It was raining when I rode down the Serra do Rio Rastro and I did not really enjoy it as much as I had hopped. None of the pictures I took turned out good. I need to learn to change the settings on my camera. Even being cold, tired and riding in the rain it was incredible. I will do it again in good weather.

Hopefully it will not be raining this coming weekend as I got my fill of riding in the cold and rain. But, because of my poor mental condition I forget about it quickly and am ready to go riding again. :norton

So far it looks good for me. See you soon,

Mike
  2. evandro.dalben

evandro.dalben evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    The Route and Some pics from Serra da Canastra:

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> [​IMG]

Zoom in

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->
    Trail Traning ! preparing to go to Chile in Feb 2010

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more details at my website:
    http://www.e-studios7.com.br/efotos2...ra/?g2_page=39
  3. Robson Jaborá/SC

Robson Jaborá/SC Brazilian Adventurer...

Oddometer:
    And then!
    Let's do the 2nd BAAM? :freaky
  4. Linhares

Linhares OSM addicted

Oddometer:
    Robson,

put one more brazilian in the list! :wave
    I'm getting used to the forum and I just saw some of your RR. They are great! Very nice pictures! :thumb
    I hope we'll meet soon.

Abraços,
    Linhares
    PS: Were you at the last meeting of ClubeXT600 in Floripa?
  5. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    When ? September our later ?

I would like to suggest Serra da Canastra in South of Minas to next meeting ! what do you thing ? new pics from there !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

There are a Place where is easy to meet the people, we can do BBQ , camping in top of mountain our stay in farm holtel for R$50,00 including Breakfast ! there a restaurant in top of mountain we can drink some beers and have very good met !!!! and there is the AMAZING world offroad !

Evandro Dalben
    FOX - ADV rider
  6. Robson Jaborá/SC

Oddometer:
  7. Linhares

Linhares OSM addicted

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  8. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Hi Linhares I look forward to meeting you at the next BAAM. We will have to change the name as it will not be annual. :)

The 50 BRL farm sounds great. I really like riding the long dirt roads here. Almost no traffic and beautiful scenery. And the :freaky is always great too!

Cheers,

Mike
  9. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Guys, last month I had opportunity to met Robinson Jaborá in Urubuci (returning from my trip from Uruguay) he said never ride up here in Minas or SP... and agree to have next meeting in Serra da Canastra.

Talking with Lucio he agreed too... we just need find a date for all of you guys ... I suggest in December, since we are in September and we had holidays last week...

why not October or November ? because I have a trip to North Chile and Argentina in November and October a offroad training in Serra do Rio do Rastro that I am promoting ... we could do something in the Canions in Shouth of Brazil in October if you guys prefer, that is my second favorite place in brazil for ADV meeting ... I am planing a Offroad training with some friends there to visit Eco Resort again ... all depends of what the group ADV would like do... we could camping in Montenegro Canion there ! I met the owner of that place too.

Let me know the best options ... I guess Serra da Canastra in this Farm for 50 bugs is more the ADV style ! and we can add a camping in top of mountain there !

Let me know your dates and options best for you !

I will arrange everything ! There are 2 great places, and great contacts in the region !

FOX
  10. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    My Friends, I would like to post some pictures of the Offroad in Canions in Santa Catarina state, the second place to have ADV meeting in my opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guys, below are some pictures of Rio do Rastro Eco Resort, I had opportunity to stay twice there, thats is amazing place to be in a long trip camping, fisrt time was a gift to my friend Roman Zdeb (polish guy) ADV travel one year in Americas, I gave him this pleasure.

Last trip from Uruguay and after 14 hours runing from Porto Aletre to Cambará do Sul to Bom Jesus do Jardim (around 200km offroad in Canions Itambezinho, Fortaleza and Montenegro) that was the award for that hard trip .. he he he he

In October I will promote a training offroad in this region and we will be in this hostel !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

</pre>
  11. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    This looks incredible. I really want to ride the Serra do Rio Rastro again as the last time it was very cold and raining with a lot of fog and......not too much fun.

My days are very flexible so just about anytime is good for me.

Cheers,

Mike
  12. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Guys, some pics around the top of the mountain and in the Eco Resort when I was getting relex with some friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. rodrigo1985

rodrigo1985 Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer:
    great pictures evandro! lets go to foz on november? you´ll be very welcome

rodrigo
  14. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Hello ADV guys, on November I have been traveling in Peru / Bolivia / Chile and Argentina with some offroad friends !

First week of Jan 2011 I am going down to south of Brazil again .. to Floripa and Serra do Rio do Rastro ! I would like to invite you guys to do ADV camping around there on weekend, if some one have some vacations days I will do some offroad around there to see more things ! let's go ?

Lucio, Mike, Jake, Robson, Linhares where are the others ?

FOX - ADV rider
  15. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I have to be back home Monday Jan 10 so I will need to leave Sunday. Will that work? Also.......will there be a hotel close by for the older not so rugged anymore people. :gerg

I really want to ride the Serra do Rio do Rastro again.....hopefully in good weather.

Thanks for the invitation.
  16. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Great Mike,

My Plans are:

I would like to go to Jurere Internacional and Praia do Forte ! so we need discover some place around there ! I will have my tend in my motorcycle all time .. rs ... May a have a place around there, I will visit a friend that is there !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In Floripa there are a sunset backpack very nice, around beaches "Joaquina" and "Praia Mole" (Best places in center of island) I would like to camping one night in the "Dunas" ! Around "Lagoa da Conceição".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://backpackersfloripa.com/backpackers/sun.php

We can spend one or 3 days in Floripa, later go to Rio do Rastro other 3 days where I posted a lot of pictures suggesting a 2nd meeting there ... sure we will spend a day in Rio do Rastro Eco Resort ! and visit a lot of canions !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FOX
  17. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I just realized it will be high season there now.....and for a few more months.
    I went to Florianopolis once in high season and promised myself that it would be the last time. There are only a couple of roads that go from the city to the beaches. The main road to Joaquina/Campeche crosses a bridge. It can take well over an hour just to cross that bridge in high season. The roads are not very wide and not easy/safe to pass stopped traffic on a moto. That does not stop some of the locals but with luggage I think it will not be possible.

Are you sure you want to go there in high season????
  18. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Yeap my friend ! that's the Plan ! I am going down on high season, that why we have motorcycle offroad ! I really don't care if there are tousand of people crossing the bridge or rain season is coming ! we are ADV my friend, that's the part of the trip! Camping on desert beachs where few people can arrive !

Last month in Bolivia I told myself, La Paz has the worriest traffic I saw in my life ... crazy cops stopping all time to get money... that was not the worriest part ! some days later I was in Arequipa .. too much crazy drivers there ! nothing can be worriest than that situation...

I am going on Monday Jan 03 ... that will be a little bit better ! In brazil only cars are stopped in traffic .. we have offroad motocycles, let's use them and our ability ... .rs

FOX - ADV rider
  19. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I like your spirit! You are right! I need to stop acting older then my age. I want to go but I have company until Jan 4. So I can meet you late Jan 4 or Jan 5. Hopefully that will work. :freaky

Thanks,

Mike

20. Robson Jaborá/SC

Oddometer: