DRTrev's Inaugural Retirement Midweek Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by masterbrewer, Mar 4, 2013.

1. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Well the rewards have finally come & by the end of the day he was smiling just like his inaugural "Flinders Classic" way back in 2008, but without the pain killers :lol3

[​IMG]

DRTrev's Inaugural Retirement Midweek Ride

The Tour Guide's Brief : Please select from the following options :deal

1. Pace: ( A) Smell the Roses (ie take lots of photos) ..... (B) Dust the roses (ie only a few action shots) ..... (C) F%#*k the roses (ie Let's ride)

2. Sustenance: (A) Morning tea only ..... (B) Morning Tea + Lunch ..... (C) Lunch only

3. Destination: (A) Bakery only ..... (B) Bakery + pub ..... (C) Pub only ..... (D) Devonshire Tea Rooms

4. Bedtime (ie back in the big smoke by...) : (A) 2pm ..... (B) 3pm ..... (C) 4pm ..... (D) 5pm

PS don't forget your seniors card :D

:jack

more to come ................... plus comments from the man himself, after he fights his way through mid-week traffic home :D
  2. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Ohh Yeah!:lurk
  3. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Just home after small adventures between Lobethal and home seeking tracks, not much on offer unfortunately. Bloody workers on their way to work this morning and on their way home this afternoon slowed me down considerably. PITA I reckon. Just about to sooth the bones in the shower whilst the photos load up. More later.
  4. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    Don't you wished you'd retired earlier :D
  5. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Being retired, I was able to put some time into prepping the bike yesterday. Got up this morning and kitted up for the ride to Belair and remembered that it took about 65 minutes last time I did it. What I forgot was that was on a Sunday!!!!!

Those bloody inconsiderate workers clogged up all the roads along the way and no matter where I tried to gain an advantage with a short-cut they had me beat. I started to get a little worried that MB might consider me a non starter if I ws late until I saw him stuck in traffic also trying to make his way to Belair......relief!

Met up with Graham, Sundowner and MB at the BP and the master map reader worked out a track for us. A little bitumen first and a major distraction to MB as the two teenage school girls wearing short skirts came into his vision, I thought he was going to crash the TDM, but no, that was to nearly eventuate later though.

Out onto the dirt and those magificent windy tracks, almost lanes, that litter the hills and southern areas took our attention...well some of us. MB took some time map reading on the run like he does, got caught up in the rough alongside the track and suddenly was loking like a train wreck about to happen. It was unfolding in front of me and my worst fears went through my mind......I didn't have the camera at the ready...bugga it!:cry

Anyway, he gathered himself and the TDM and we were away. Photo stop after photo stop and some particularly nice up hill and downhill sections which at times had the Tenere tested but we got our act together (bike and I) and got through.

Must give MB his due though, we were racing through some back water track when there in front of me is this 6' suntanned goddess holding onto a couple of German Shepherds. Obviously out power walking she was wearing hot pants and a singlet......I waved.....naturally..... How does he pick these routes (note the spelling) and have attractive women waiting to wave us through - especially for me, I'm thinking??

Endless tracks and we pop out of the undergrowth at Strath as Sundowner had threatened violence if we didn't get him to some food. Bakery it was, and not being a quick thinker I missed out on getting to the counter first as Sundowner just about bought everything left in the pie warmer.....MB even got the photo to prove it.

It was getting hot and I'd already drunk 3 lt out of the camelbak so MB organised another couple of hours of tricky trails and tracks and we came to the Meadows Pub.......Why not? you should ask. So we introduced ourselves to the publican and ordered some refreshments followed up with some wedges because Sundowner was still hungry...and had some pleasant conversation amongst ourselves.

About 2.30 we decided to split and I headed north back towards the Barossa. I mucked around trying to find some nice tracks but I need to spend more time at it to get them to run into each other as a possible ride. I would have been home sooner but them pesky workers were conspiring to slow me down again...

Home around 4pm - bike straight into the shed and me into the shower.......

If this is retirement, bring it on.

Thanks to my ride mates, and especially to Mr Reliable for mapping it all out for us.......very pleasant. I might do more of this...:freaky

Anyway, some shots.....quite a few, are out of focus, I apologise for that so limited numbers have been used,

cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now maybe for some MB humour.......
  6. KIZ

KIZ Marty

Oddometer:
    Good to see you all had a safe and enjoyable ride. Too hot for me (after last ride ending spending a night in the Burra hospital).
    Great to see the pics, Marty. :norton
  7. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    It's amazing how quickly the "shacky hand syndrome" kicks in after retirement :rofl
  8. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    We'll do more of these Marty, north, south and the odd overnighter. You'll just get back to it in time for the cooler weather...keep cool old fella.
  9. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Just after the ability to spell falls off I think...:lol3
  10. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    It was a pleasure to introduce Trev into midweek retirement riding & we were joined by Sundowner & GrahamG.

Even from the start he just couldn't keep the smile off his face. :D

[​IMG]

A few easy flowing dirt tracks out to the back of Mount Barker, joined by the occasional blacktop followed.

After the previous weekend's eventful "200 metres from hell" episode, my sights were set on another "special" :augie track I had been saving for a rainy day, with ruts as deep as the strawberry rows behind.

[​IMG]

But alas it was Trev's lucky day, as road repairs had recently been completed :ddog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onwards alongside forest tracks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sundowner had subtly mentioned earlier he hadn't eaten since yesterday lunch & was really, really keen :bow to get to a bakery asap. :dg

A bit of blacktop made up time before entering the hidden entrance to another "interesting" track. :evil

Brushing past the bushes, the track opened over a railway line, climbing over rutted, rocky ground to a 180 degree steep left handed, off camber, corner with deep holes, challenging the senses & skill levels.

[​IMG]
  11. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

As Graham was successfully negotiating the bend, a huge 6ft roo stood up & bounded out of the bushes to his left & up the hill, much to his surprise :eek1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From there we high-tailed it direct to the Bakery in search of sustenance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still Smiling Trev

[​IMG]
  12. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    As we followed Sundowner through the door, we could hear someone calling ....

..... "I'll have one of those; two of those; & a couple of those" :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.......... and especially that one :rofl

[​IMG]

With a similar smile, he appeared sated at last, well nearly :dg

[​IMG]

Sitting under the airconditioner it was difficult to make the first move to the next leg of our ride when we knew the outside temperature was still rising over 30C, but when someone mentioned "Beer" :evil
  13. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Nice photos MB :clap
  14. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    It was still before the "yard-arm", so I mapped a course to fill in another 90 minutes or so :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.............................. with a view :clap

[​IMG]

The thoughts of a cool cleansing ale got the mojos workin'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Save one for me boys " :beer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Are you lost MB?" I could hear in the background :cromag
    Just a couple more hills, I promise :evil boys, before :dutch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On arrival at Meadows, Trev got his riding gear off and to our surprise :huh ....................... instant retiree tourist :jkam :rilla:lol3

[​IMG]

Congratulations on reaching this milestone & your recent award Trev :clap

Thanks for your patience Sundowner & GG. I was trying to make the day memorable for Trev with so many photos.

Great day yet again, thanks for the company, cya again soon. :ricky
  15. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
    When I see pictures of donuts on a bike forum I expect to see some idiot going round and round on his bike laying rubber or displacing gravel in ever increasing circles and a cloud of dust before hopefully going all dizzy, having a youtube moment, and spearing off into the woods ... not bloody choc topped dough rings with sprinkles within the safe confines of a bakery FFS ... please try harder next time :D
  16. pops

pops Long timer

Oddometer:
    Top Ride report Trev :clap:clap
    Nice photos there Kym :1drink
    [​IMG]

:cry i want one of them ...

Cheers Ian
  17. LC4nicator

LC4nicator Certified Wino

Oddometer:
    C'mon now Trev........you know this thread is useless without pictures......footage.......a good rendering.......anything FFS!:rofl
  18. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Cheers Pops, met up with your mate Bazzy on a ride recently.. nice bloke. CU guys in a few weeks.

I know, i'm buying a drift or a Gopro.:cry
  19. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    Me too :D

I just can't believe how many goddesses we've passed on my back water (or lack of it :lol3 ) tracks over the last few rides :happay

One group of a dozen or so beautiful :sweeti athletic "Amazon" looking women had war paint on :huh. Nearly ran off the road that time too :lol3

Will have to figure out how to guide the camera with my eyes not my head, as I can see regular visits to the physio for sore neck muscles :evil
  20. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    I really do think that you should stop coordinating the route to pass as many school bus stops and High Schools as you can though........you might give people the wrong idea...:icy