North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Blinkerfluid

Blinkerfluid Long timer

Oddometer:
    So these Tag games seem to be pretty popular, but so far they've been limited to a specific state or regional area. I thought it would be a good game to open up tagging to anywhere in North America. The idea behind this game is to Tag some of the best locations in the country. I'd like to see it go from Coast to Coast, so as such I'll post the first tag shortly on the East Coast.

Rules for this version:

#1 File photos are not allowed.

#2 Dirt is allowed; however, let everyone know that the route to the tag includes dirt roads. Also, use your judgement on placing the tag to ensure that someone else will most likely come and get it, i.e. don't turn this into the "lets see who can find the most obscure tag location in history" thread.

#3 Have fun!

EDIT: Blah! I hate too many rules, but I suppose they're necessary.

Additional Rules:

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)

#5 Read the Rules, understand the intent of the game. Quality not Quantity. If you want to tag a stop sign at the corner of "I'm impatient" and "Hurry Up" roads just to up the tag count, play a local game instead.. There are no rules that say you can't play more than one game at a time, so if this one sits for a week or two while the stars align for a big move, then so be it.. Obviously don't sit on it for weeks on end if you have no plans to actually take it somewhere though.

Rules may be modified or added later if it is determined that they are needed to promote movement of the tag.

If you don't know how the Tag game works, please review some of the other Tag games that are currently in play:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321439

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360246

There are others as well.
  2. Blinkerfluid

Blinkerfluid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wright Brothers Memorial, Kitty Hawk NC:

[​IMG]
  3. Willy-B

Willy-B onebudwiser

Oddometer:
    This should be a very interesting thread.:lurk

Great idea, Blinkerfluid.:thumb
  4. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Great idea! :clap:clap Wouldn't ya know that my parents live within 15 minutes of the 1st tag and they're in Fla! Would have been funny to see Dad on my bike getting his 1st tag...:lol3
  5. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great idea...I like the potential dirt aspect, I hope it jumps around the country a bunch :clap already out of my range but, maybe, just maybe,
    I'll get a shot at it sometime, somewhere....it will be cool to see where it goes and how often....
  6. Jman955i

Jman955i Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer:
    Augusta/Washington, GA....Sometimes Roanoke VA
    I like it can't wait to particpate:thumb :thumb :thumb
  7. FireballR

FireballR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This will be fun! :clap :thumb

:pynd
  8. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    Great Idea! Looking foward to see where this thing goes :lurk

If I had known about this yesterday, I would made the ride down and grabbed it!

Are you going to make a map to track it? :ear
  9. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    awesome!!!!!!!
  10. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  11. Blinkerfluid

Blinkerfluid Long timer

Oddometer:

Sure I'll make a map, but someone will have to show me how to do it.
  12. xtphreak

xtphreak from B4 "adventure bikes" Supporter

Oddometer:
    hmmmm .....:scratch

don't think you're supposed to tell everyone where/what the tag is .... are you?

sounds to be a good idea, probably get taggers from each state's game picking it up and running with it

any rulez like ... have to be placed in a different state that the tag "captured"?
  13. foster

foster Introverted and proud of it

Oddometer:
    I suspect this will prove to be an interesting game. Good idea Blinkerfluid!
  14. valvecrusher

valvecrusher tractus pro pensioâ„¢

Oddometer:
    :lurk

Like air travel from it's inception at Kitty Hawk, this thread will soar across the continent.

FYYFF ~VC:lol3
  15. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    A similar game is going on over at klr650 dot com. I think it's moving pretty slowly. I think it started over in SanFrancisco.
  16. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner Playing tag like a kid

Oddometer:
    I think I like the idea of just telling people where it is. I mean my God could U imagine the Google time it would take on some that out in MT to try to find!!! We cant all be the google jock that Banjo is :lol3 . I like the idea also and to start in my home state and to be the first to grab the NA tag, MMMMMMM the thought of it!

RR
  17. Blinkerfluid

Blinkerfluid Long timer

Oddometer:

Well I figured to help get the tag moving, I'd just say what the tag is up front.. Figure this version of the game is more about riding and moving the tag more so than learning about ones local area through trivia based tag.. Also, if the tags are named up front, it might encourage people who are traveling to snag a tag and drop it somewhere else along there route.. I wouldn't think anyone traveling would be interested in trying to guess what the tag is.

I was going to add a distance rule, but didn't want to discourage anyone from participating if they couldn't move the tag very far, so I thought better of it.

haha well go get it.. Someone has to be the first, might as well be you :wink:
  18. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:

I like the fact that you don't have to be a "googlemeister" to find the tag. I'd make a run to Kitty Hawk if I could manage a day off this week... but the work load isn't looking very good.

Cool game. I hope it takes off.
  19. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, this has HUGE brucing potential without a netbook...for me anyway :lol3
  20. Blinkerfluid

Blinkerfluid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just go for it, may never get another chance to play the NA Tag game :lol3