Tiger 955i - Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by BHRBiker, Jul 14, 2001.

1. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Rear pads and a set of Full Bore M40's installed yesterday. Pads were almost completely worn out, and the Anakees that came off still had some usable tread, but have a very strange wear pattern. It almost looks like there are knobs beginning to form. I don't know how else to describe it. The Full Bore's stick very well, and are so much quieter, but compared to what I'm used to, will take some getting used to. This is my first dual-sport motorcycle, and the big squishy tread blocks on the new tires moving around just feels weird to me.
  2. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    I took a good long look at your bike at a shop in Missouri- can't remember the name of it right now-and was appreciative of all of the fine mods you have done on it. Whoever buys that is getting one well set-up machine! :clap
  3. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Zoid, I bought it box stock with the lunch boxes that Triumph called saddle bags from El Dorado Cycles in El Dorado Springs, MO. Randy who owns the shop is a great guy. If he wasn't in a state I never want to be stationed in again, I'd buy more bikes from him.
  4. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:

:lol3.... you were lost in the Woods, Huh! Can't understand why you want to sale it off, but, that said what's next?
  5. wayne_l

wayne_l Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went to basic and AIT there ..don't care if I ever go back !
  6. wayne_l

wayne_l Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I replaced my tourances for the 705's wow what a great improvement on wet roads and our gravel trails .. my tiger seems to like 25 psi front and rear and I push it pretty hard ..
  7. wayne_l

wayne_l Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im amazed stock cables fit still on 3 inch risers im 511 or 6 ft depending wich 7 eleleven im in .. im hoping the 2 inch will work ..
  8. River

River Gee

Oddometer:
    Cool bike Tigerrider...I was t-bone and sent flying on mine last year, all is repaired and good now, so its a lifer as well:D

Wayne, I went with the 2" ROX as well without any issues with cables and hoses. I am 6'4 and can stand up quite comfortable. I was going to go with 3", but had the same reservations as you. I had 2" on before the accident and just went with what I knew worked. They did not survive the crash, along with the handle bars,:wink: FYI
  9. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't know what will replace El Tigre. Going to wait and see what my next assignment will be.
  10. lukeman

lukeman Cool Hand

Oddometer:
    Has anyone else have the gas tank front wings vibrate at higher speeds? 80-100mph.

The front wings of the tank begin to shake in and out during high speed which in turns causes the entire bike to shake. I have everything secured properly, but the front plastic brace doesn't really make contact with the tank and seems flimsy anyway. Maybe i'm missing something.

Just curious if anyone else had run into this? I was thinking of adding some rubber to the front brace to put some pressure on the plastic tank tips.
  11. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    If you mean the plastic bits that the indicators mount to then no, no vibration on mine. Perhaps yours are not secured properly.
  12. lukeman

lukeman Cool Hand

Oddometer:
    Yeah its more the tank itself, the front part on each side of the forks. Red indicates the two wings and yellow the motion at high speed. The tank is pretty flexible on either side, so I'm not sure what prevents it from flexing the wings outward with high wind speed. Has ethanol gas made the tank softer?

[​IMG]
  13. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    No idea then. Never noticed it on mine.
  14. Thumperama

Thumperama We are the 'Berg - Resistance is futile

Oddometer:
    The only thing ethanol has done to my tank is bubble up the stripes.:becca

Otherwise my tank hasn't swelled or deformed anything like the gas tank on my Ducati. I don't notice any movement at speed of the front tank wings. Mine seems to be really solid.
  15. MTKNZ

MTKNZ Touring Kiwi

Oddometer:
    Never seen that happen on mine, even above 80.
    But to be honest I am not usually looking there while doing that speed.... so I could be wrong.
  16. cbxtc6

cbxtc6 On my Way...

Oddometer:
    I've never experienced anything like that either. I have ridden two 955 Tigers over 100k miles, surpassing 100mph many times.
  17. Ironwood

Ironwood Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer:
    Are you securing those two screws on the ears of the tank? Why are the screws in there now? They should go in after the tank is installed and the turn signal nacelles are back on the fairing. If they weren't in properly, it could cause a oscillation.
  18. scrameville06

scrameville06 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone measure the fork length for me from top of the tube to the center of the axle? doing research for a scrambler project. thanks.
  19. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    87mm :D
  20. scrameville06

scrameville06 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks