2008 BMW Motorrad Summerfest

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BMWRC, Jan 12, 2008.

1. BMWRC

BMWRC Nuckin' Futs!

Oddometer:
    BMW Motorrad Canada hosted the first annual BMW Motorrad Summerfest at Mosport International Raceway from July 13 to 15 of last year (2007). The weekend celebrated BMW motorcycles and coincide with rounds four and five of the Parts Canada Superbike Championship.

The event included displays of 2007 BMW motorcycles, a collection of vintage and custom BMW motorcycles, and provided opportunities for both on- and off-road tests.

Unfortunately, the Summerfest coincided with the enormously popular 35th Anniversary BMW Motorcycle Owners of America International Rally in West Bend, Wisconsin. BMW riders had to choose between the two, but for most dedicated rally participants, it wasn't a difficult decision to make.

BMW Motorrad Canada is doing the same again this year. The 2008 Summerfest is scheduled for July 18 to 20, again at Mosport, to coincide with a Superbike Doubleheader. Unfortunately, this also coincides with the the BMWMOA International Rally in Gillette, Wyoming (July 17 – 20).

Which will you be attending?
  2. plz

plz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also coincides with the MotoGP in Laguna Seca.:super
  3. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    Summerfest. I'm a big fan of supporting local rallies. 5 hour ride v. whatever over to the West Coast for a rally, no contest. Besides I'll hit the RA and that's enough.
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I attended Summerfest last summer and missed the MOA rally last year for the first time in years... but this year, I won't.. I'll be heading to the MOA rally.

Test riding bikes gets expensive! Last summer's off road test ride cost me a new bike.. :lol3
  5. BMWRC

BMWRC Nuckin' Futs!

Oddometer:
    We are planning on riding west to the MOA. That's not an insignificant ride from the east coast. We will be using this trip as a shakedown for our trip to South America. The plan is to have the bike and us outfitted as it will be for SA so we can test everything before leaving.

Is there any talk of a group ride from the east to the MOA rally, or is it too early to be planning this? We'll be stopping in Montreal and Toronto to visit friends and family.
  6. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    Have fun GB.

Problem with the MOA for me is it's a 2-3 day ride each way. To make it worthwhile and see the sites it's a 2 week endeavour. Plenty of other stuff going on the same time.
  7. GB

Oddometer:
    I'm hitting Colorado after the MOA and will do my round the state ride.. and then head back..
  8. Jman

Jman a.k.a. FUglyK

Oddometer:
    I'll try and round up the rest of the crew and we can meet there. :freaky
  9. BMWRC

BMWRC Nuckin' Futs!

Oddometer:
    Are you heading to the Top O' the Rockies Rally in Paona on July 24-27 (weekend after MOA)?
  10. beemerbum

beemerbum Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The conflict is a bummer, but likely to be common...the primary riding season is so packed now with opportunities and stuff, one needs to do nothing but travel between things...I wish. So, hopefully for the Three Amigos (plus one) it will be the Black Hills, the National and then Colorado, and then some route home, encompassing three weeks or so... Also hope to get to the RA (planning on doing a run to the Honda Hoot and then blitzing straight up to the RA), so I can bug SQD8R for the weekend (not that I don't do that now).

Some year I might make Beemerfest, but not as long as the National is within a reasonsble ride...its not West Coast Dale, just part way - LOL.

Bruce.
  11. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    i'm planning to attend :ricky it'd be nice to see more HP2's :thumb

12. GB

Oddometer:
    I'm iffy on it.. there are no accomodations available anywhere in Paonia or near it... and I'm not camping.. :nono I've looked into it, and I still may go, or by the time the MOA rally's done, I maybe rallied out.
  13. BMWRC

BMWRC Nuckin' Futs!

Oddometer:
    We are planning on MOA, then Yellowstone, then Top O' Rockies then home. That will be a full two weeks.
  14. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Hey Kahoon

I'm thinking of going to Summerfest this year too. We'll have to organize a few to head out together.:wink:

Cheers

Fin
  15. 1200GSCanuck

1200GSCanuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm riding rather than rallying. the season is simply too short to spend a weekend at some luvfest. Would rather keep on motoring..after all, it is about the ride,,,,isn't it?:huh
  16. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    absolutely, Fin :thumb
  17. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    I'll be at Mosport, riding a BMW, but I going to watch the racing.
    I can ride at home. If I'm riding to the track, I'm gonna watch some racing.
    Come by for a beer, I'll be camping on the hill above turn 2. (secret location):deal
  18. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    I use to camp on that hill back in the 80's when I went several time. Not a bad place to be. I'll let you know when I'm going Robbie and I'll be looking for that beer. :freaky

Cheers

Fin
  19. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    :DI'd have to talk to my life coach but I think we can make it. :velvt
  20. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:

I'm hoping on getting the better half to come along too. Could make for a good day. :D