Reputable online store

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by o_O, Jun 30, 2010.

1. o_O

o_O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another backorder bandit (http://www.cheapcycleparts.com) took my money without having the items in stock then and put half my stuff on back order. Totally wsted my plans to get on the road this weekend. Really annoyed right now.
    :kboom

Who online is reliable and reputable and prices reasonably?
  2. Edsillt

Edsillt n00b

Oddometer:
    I've had good luck with and highly recommend Revzilla.com. Great customer service, quick shipping, decent prices....
  3. 3power

3power Cafe'er

Oddometer:
    New Enough, Motorcycle-Superstore, Competition Accessories, Kneedraggers. I have ordered more than once from all of these vendors, and never had an issue.
  4. Xplorr

Xplorr hoi polloi

Oddometer:
    Atomic moto is great. On my last order, one item was out of stock, and they called me to find out how I wanted to proceed. They know a lot about their products-- i.e. sizing, fit etc. Give em a try.
  5. Ziggydog

Ziggydog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You don't honestly think that every company online has EVERY part in stock, do you? You could have called and asked them before ordering. I've had good luck with them and yes, some parts have been backordered but they ship them out as soon as they get them in and don't charge you extra for the shipping, like some companies do. You really have to plan ahead sometimes.
  6. The Jinx

The Jinx I'm an angel... :p

Oddometer:
    I'm having BAD experience with Aerostich.

I have ordered the Protekt jeans and Ortlieb bag. It has been back-order since April '10!!!:kboom :kboom :kboom :boid :boid

Emailed them few times and same excusses!

Dang!

Regards
    sbw
  7. oppymei

oppymei Banned

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle-Superstore is a good place to go
  8. brinboise

brinboise Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another vote for the Motorcycle-Superstore they have never let me down. I also like RockmountainATV , MunnRacing (KTM mostly)
  9. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 on motorcycle-superstore
  10. o_O

o_O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it's OOS it should say on the website. They know it's OOS right now and they are still taking orders for the same part. If a retailer is honest abut their lack of stock, I may not order from them that time, but I'll come back because I trust them. CheapCycleParts.com made $70 from me but will not make any more due to shady business practices. I'll probably spend hundreds over the next few years, but not with them.

When they say it's going to be delivered on a date they shouldn't email two days before it's due to arrive to say half the order is back ordered and nothing has shipped yet. It was a week after placing the order and still nothing had left their warehouse. Most retailers are good about saying when a part is likely to arrive so to plan based on that has been reasonable with other stores, so I would have expected them to be as well. I don't think this is unreasonable. If they had said it'll take 2 weeks I'd have planned for that. They said next week so the following weekend is when I made time. Not sure why you would assume I didn't plan ahead? Should I factor in shoddy retailers and "backorder bandits" lies about delivery dates? I think I'd rather find more reputable stores, hence this thread.

When you cancel the order they shouldn't ignore that email and two days later, ship half of it anyway, then say it'll take a few weeks to get the other part from the manufacture.

This might be OK with you but I think they blow and won't see another penny of my money.

Thanks for the other recommendations. If you have issues with a retailer go to resellerRatings.com and check their rep. I'll be adding my experience with this store as a warning to others.
  11. ridewestKTM

ridewestKTM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with:
    Motorcycle Superstore
    Rocky Mountain
    Mid West Action

Ok with Dennis Kirk,
    Tires Unlimited (tires only)

Bad - REAL BAD, really really bad! with Competition Acessories
  12. DirtDriven

DirtDriven Not Cheap,Thrifty

Oddometer:
    I have had good luck with motorcycle superstore and been well pleased with the customer service and shipping time.
  13. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    +2 So far have had no issues and only good service with MSS.
  14. MotoTaur

MotoTaur As Far as You Know

Oddometer:
  15. LeftCoastMan

LeftCoastMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A lot of the online retailers tell you if something is available when ordering. Motorcycle Superstore, Revzilla, Touratech and others do. And if I'm desperate for something for delivery before a certain date, I call. Revzilla is really good at this. I needed a replacement jacket (I ordered the wrong size), and they sent me the right size overnight.

I think sometimes we rely on the internet as if its perfect. Sometimes, real live interactions with customer service tells you a lot about a company and how they do business. Revzilla gets my vote. But they're more for gear rather than parts, so Motorcycle Superstore comes in a close second. Always buy my tires from them.
  16. o_O

o_O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried calling the CS number in the email. Automated answer and left on hold for 20 mins before giving up.
  17. Ultravoyageant

Ultravoyageant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The congested burbs 62 furlongs west of Brick City
    I've had very positive experiences with these vendors;

Revzilla (x 1000)
    CA SportTouring
    New Enough
    Main Street Motorcyles (Ebay)
    R+L motorcycles
    PJ's parts
    FJ/FJR UK members shop
    Twisted Throttle.

Once I find a shop I typically stay with them, even if they don't have the best price. I've always been a service before price shopper, and (*knocks wood*) luckily it has done me rather well. I've never had that back order bullshit happen, but the way I feel about it at least the shop shouldn't charge you for the damn merchandise until it is ready to ship, except perhaps for special orders. I'm a member of the UK FJ/FJR site and they special ordered a bagster tank protector and a wind screen for me and even with their special orders they don't charge you until its ready to be shipped. But I guess not all shops are created equal.
  18. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
  19. Mr. Annoying

Mr. Annoying B.F.aC.G

Oddometer:
    I usually ask if it in stock, when they say yes that means ship out that or even next day, not it's in my other warehouse and it will ship in 4 days, then when I said never mind they want to charge a restock fee It has happened to me and they will never get my business again:deal
    P.S. New enough rocks
  20. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    +1 and add Revzilla. My first go-to for gear is MotoLiberty in Dallas.

I have gotten into the habit of calling to comfirm an item is in stock before I click. I've also learned that NOBODY stocks oem parts, so that takes longer.:deal