The 'No Pissin and Moanin' DR650 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by AST236, Jun 29, 2012.

1. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's an idea. Let's start a thread to talk about the venerable Suzuki DR650.

Recommendation 1: Limit your posts to the DR650 and its variants

Recommendation 2: Do not moan/bitch about how your carb mods are superior to everyone else's carb mods

Recommendation 3: Do not moan/bitch about how dumb everybody else is and how smart you are

Recommendation 4: Do not moan/bitch about difficulty you're having w/ a vendor. Put on your big girl panties, pick up the phone/email them and work it out.

Recommendation 5: Do post pics of your rides and adventures that include your DR650 (which is a really swell motorcycle)

Recommendation 6: If, after reading 1-5, you still choose to whine/moan/complain like a little girl, do so comfortable in the knowledge that you will be publicly ridiculed and offered a couple of Extra Strength Midol and a Hello Kitty blanket.

Recommendation 7: If you don't have something nice to say, then just don't say anything. There are plenty of other threads here where you can let your immaturity gallop at full speed.

If you find yourself confused about a proposed post, examine the brief list above and see if your contribution conforms to these established criteria.

****This thread was started as a lighthearted way to poke fun at some of the inmates on the regular DR thread who are taking themselves and their individual pursuits a little too seriously. I'm not, repeat NOT trying to torque anybody off or start a shouting match. Just tryin' to keep it all real****
  2. AST236

Oddometer:
    Here's mine. '98. 7K miles. Puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

[​IMG]
  3. TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seven things I can do. Nice. That thing is clean for it's age.
  4. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:
    Wow! Some things musta' changed since my time in the DR650 thread.

It used to be that you'd witness a small tift, between a coupla' inmates, once or twice a year. But, for the most part, there were a lotta' good dudes who hung-out in there.

I was always thankful for the knowledge they shared, and the assistance they gave...

EDIT- ...like Ken ^^^. He's a good example of one of those dudes, who was always a benefit (and never a liability) to the thread.

5. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    There seems to be a lot of vitriol on the 'other' DR650 thread right now. I've owned my DR for about nine months. I haven't had a chance to even take it for a ride yet. I tore it apart to have the frame powder-coated, discovered my carburetor needed a total overhaul, did that and then my mother-in law passed away (helping my wife and bother-in-law deal with that sucked up a lot of my free time since). It's back together now but I need to run it on the dyno to ensure the carb is properly adjusted (at least I would prefer to do it that way).

I used the other thread to see if I needed to do anything else while it was completely apart. But, it was quite a slog, at times. A few other inmates, that frequent the 'other' DR650 thread, have expressed similar feelings; too much piss/moan/bitch.

I would hope to have my DR on the road again soon and will be happy to post up some pictures as soon as it sees daylight.
  6. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    Really? You need another DR650 specific thread?

You DR guys sure do like to toot your own horn and take yourselves a bit too seriously:huh
  7. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    Still finding ways to mod it. Got new black fork gaitors on it, need to post pics, but I'm also planning on new gold chain and sprockets, and some Zeta handguards.
    I still love this thing after 22 years.
    [​IMG]
  8. dec181966

dec181966 Dude on a motorcycle

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:freaky:freaky :freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky

9. dec181966

dec181966 Dude on a motorcycle

Oddometer:
    My 2000 DR I picked up this spring. Fun bike and simple enough even I can work on it :rofl

[​IMG]
  10. Andy65

Andy65 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What, no moaning now? :lol3 My 2011 DR with a few mods. And yeah, I kinda snuck in my other toy :D
    [​IMG]
    Still... Need.... To Do... That Danged... NSU Mod...
  11. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Great idea, but is this for any year of DR650?
  12. doug s.

doug s. Long timer

Oddometer:
    is humour allowed here:? i cannot see how your tag-line makes any sense, what w/that pic of your dr650. does an uglier motorcycle actually exist somewhere? :lol3

doug s.
  13. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    owned mine for a year, so far have put 20k miles on it, daily commuter, weekend canyon carver, rode the LAB2V on it, gonna go ride the canyon right now on it and piss off the sport bikes.

i changed the plugs once, i checked the valves once (they were in spec), and i change the oil every 3000 miles. that's it.

oh, i did get a flat but that's cuz i actually ride it. like every day ride it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i seriously, s e r i o u s l y, doubt a ktm/husky/bmw/drz would have offered the same trouble-free, rediculously reliable experience that this humble bike gives me every single day. ADV is full of posts to the contrary, so hate on haters, while you're hating at the dealership with your obligatory brand-specific matching shirt/jacket/hat, we'll be riding and smiling.

it truly is THE swiss army knife of motorcycles. IMHO/experience.
  14. AST236

Oddometer:

No sir, we really don't. This one was created this afternoon in frustration after reading even MORE bitching and griping about a purchase made by an inmate and MAY or MAY NOT required fifty cents worth of washers. It's a sarcastic shot directly across the bow of people who take themselves too seriously.
  15. AST236

Oddometer:

Ouch dude!! :lol3

See now my feelings are all hurt and I'll have to start a separate thread......:cry

The sig line followed me owning a BMW R1150 GS and a VStrom. And I admit, the purple and yellow is kinda shocking, but I'm getting used to it. Eventually I'll get rid of the yellow gaiters and weird seat. :wink:

Humor is appreciated and applauded. :clap

Geez, I'm here to have fun and learn a little more about my ride. If this thread fails, I'm ok w/ that. I just sent it up as a flag for other inmates that might be tired of the constant whiny baby syndrome.

End of rant.....

Ride on and let's see what ya' got............
  16. AST236

Oddometer:
    If it's a DR650, show us a pic and tell us about it.
  17. Go Irish75

Go Irish75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really? Did a Husky owner just say the above quote? Hi pot, nice to meet you. love kettle.
  18. AST236

Oddometer:
    What's up Irish? I'm a retired LEO myself. Shoot me a PM and tell me what you do.....
  19. AST236

Oddometer:

What's up Andy? I'm only about a hundred miles north of you. Dig the boombox....
  20. local1

local1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am trying to cure my 97 ugly seat with a cover, thats on back order..it hard to look serious while i'm riding around on a purple
    and yellow seat..:rofl