PNW Flea Market - See First Post for Ad Checklist

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by DantesDame, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Grantizzle

Grantizzle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000

*In an effort for full disclosure, the previous owner did drop the bike on both sides. the only way you can tell is the scratches on the crash bars.*

-32k miles.

-Full Tune up 3500 miles ago. Valves in spec, all fluids flushed and replaced, throttle bodies synced, fresh spark plugs, new air filter, etc.

-Dyno tuned at 95hp and 67ft-lbs of torque

-Power Commander 3 was used with the dyno tuning to get ride of the low end lean surge issue these bikes are known for.

-Speedo Healer to correct the -1 front sprocket and +1 rear sprocket. Sprockets were done to improve ride ability. I used to commute through Seattle and the stock gearing was too tall. This thing likes to run.

-Front and Rear suspension has been re-done for my weight and camping gear. It is currently sprung for about 350lbs of rider(s) and gear. The bike rides like it's on rails.
    -Front suspension was done by KFG Racing. They installed stiffer springs and gold valves from Race Tech. Fork seals, dust seals, and fork oil was also replaced at this time.
    -Rear Suspension was done by "Suspension By Sasquatch." He turned the shock into a fully serviceable rear shock. New Race Tech spring and gold valve. Best money I have spent on a motorcycle hands down. I have about $1k into the suspension alone.

-Michelin Pilot Road 3's Front and rear. Rear is about 60% and front is about 80%. Awesome tires.

Other accessories (farkles) include:
    -Garmin Zumo 660 with locking Touratech mount
    -Happy Trails Panniers and Rear Rack
    -OEM Suzuki gel seat
    -SW Motech Crash Bars
    -Twisted Throttle Denali LED running lights
    -Pelican Top Box
    -Fenda Extenda
    - Skid plate and Freeway bars made by a fellow v-strom owner.
    -Aprilla Shiver mirrors. They reduce buffeting by a LOT. Tear drop shaped.
    -Suzuki Tall OEM windshield
    -MadStad Adjustable Windshield Mount
    -Pat Walsh Designs dash
    -Wired for heated gear
    -Fuze Block. Can run six different electrical accessories.
    -Cigarette Lighter Adapter
    -OEM centerstand
    -Hyperlite 16 LED brake lights
    -Stebel Air Horn and PWD mount
    - Pro Taper Bars
    - 2" up and 2" back bar risers. easier for standing on the pegs while off road
    - Cyrca pro-bend hand guards.

I think that's it. . . if I remember more stuff, I'll add it.

I am fully aware that this v-strom is near the top of the market price-wise. My reasoning behind that is due to all the accessories I have on it. There is easily $2500 worth of extras. I'm looking for $6500 with everything included. I'd take $6k if I get to keep the Zumo.

What I'm really after is a trade plus some cash from your end.

I want to trade for a dirt bike. '05 or newer. Honda or KTM. Preferably a KTM 450, but a CRF450 would be fine too. Also willing to look at a Kawasaki KX450. I have the title for the v-strom in hand and you should have the title for your bike in hand plus a stack of cash. Let me know if you're interested. Worst I can do is say no. No test rides without cash in hands, etc.

ON WITH THE PICS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Grant
    grantmjohnson -at- gmail.com
    call/text
    360-584-3530
  2. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
    $6k for an '05 with 32k?

I'll trade you for an '03 plated custom XR650R (everything but the engine), plus a $1k.
  3. FLYING EYEBALL

FLYING EYEBALL out of step

Oddometer:

I'll give you 200 for the zumo thingy :deal
  4. FLYING EYEBALL

Oddometer:
    what you see is what you get...no paperwork.

I'm not helping you load it...don't knock on the door or bug any of the neighbors.

I'm not holding it so don't ask.

pm me a bunch of questions and I'll ignore you(sorry)

pm me for an address, located on lea hill in Auburn

still has coolant in it so be prepared for that

I'll give it 48 hours here and then it goes to cl free ads.

[​IMG]
  5. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you willing to ship it?

6. Qben

Qben Q

Oddometer:
    Looking for SW-Motech, Wunderlich, or Hepco Becker crash bars for '00 R1150GS. Located in Washington state (not DC). Will pay to ship if the price is right.
    Thanks,
    Qben
    PM for phone number if you can help.
  7. shrubitup

shrubitup Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer:
    Yikes. Be prepared for a melee of morons. :grim
  8. DiamondLie

DiamondLie Banned

Oddometer:
    Good alt-rock band name you got there..."Now, performing for one night only, straight outta Kent, WA...give it up for MELEE OF MORONS!" :rofl
  9. zaptoad

zaptoad just a guy

Oddometer:
    I thought they were a Brit Band!!!! Probalby need to box up that bike and ship it to the UK.......
  10. Johnson0311

Johnson0311 Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    WTB panniers for a BMW F800GS. Please PM. Thanks!

:1drink
  11. FLYING EYEBALL

Oddometer:

I think I'll just leave an address and no other contact info and stick it out next to the road.
  12. WB-PDX

WB-PDX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even doing that, in my experience, you will get scrappers knocking on doors and trying to find out who put it out there and asking if anyone has any more scrap. And, of course, sob stories about how much gas they burned to get there.
  13. FLYING EYEBALL

Oddometer:
    Yeah...I guess I don't know a way to unload this that isn't a pita :lol3
  14. bdcorrigan

bdcorrigan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put it on the corner with a sign on it for $50 and then someone will "steal" it for you. Problem solved!
  15. maybilcatchfire

maybilcatchfire Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I have a brand new BMW LED takedown kit for a 08- on R1200GS. It has never been mounted and is in its original box all wrapped and clean :) It has everything you need to mount it and brighten up your nights. The only reason I am selling it is because I really need crash bars and I can only buy them if I sell these. They retail for 499 and I willing to sell them for 375. Hope I can help someone out with some nicely discounted LED lights.

Here is a link of them mounted on a GS

LED Lights
  16. jeffm

jeffm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. WB-PDX

WB-PDX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Final call for free stuff, and one more new item.

PICKUP IN NORTH PORTLAND ONLY! I am not driving to meet you to give you free stuff. I am not shipping any of these items. First PM gets the first crack at each item, but I am not holding items for more than a couple of days.

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE MY AD OR PHOTOS. It seems to be confusing people.

PICTURED ITEMS ARE STILL POTENTIALLY AVAILABLE

pdxthmper brought me a case of beer, so I am no longer soliciting beer. If you want any of these FREE items, feel no guilt, they are on pdxthmper.
    --------------------------------
    Keyless entry and alarm kit. Never used, complete. If the car already has central\power locks, this should be all you need. Has instructions too.

[​IMG]

This sealant shit is commonly used as a cheap dynamat or sound insulation alternative in cars. You can also use it on your roof or whatever. Brand new, never used. I think this stuff is $15 a roll.

[​IMG]

SH0119, SH1200, etc. SHOEI helmet visors. I got these from another ADVer for doing a good deed, but I've never used them (they match a spare helmet that should probably be thrown away.)

[​IMG]

FLY racing jersey. I don't think I ever wore it. Maybe once? It's huge. I think it's a medium or large, but it was big on me (6', 190lbs) even over gear.

[​IMG]

Acel make-your-own wires kit. I have stolen bits from this over the years. I paid around $40 for it. I haven't needed anything in the kit for 3+ years, and doubt I will again any time soon. If you have a four cylinder car and basic hand tools, I think you could make yourself a set of Acel wires.

[​IMG]
  18. leakypetcock

leakypetcock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump to the top, it's going to be a beautiful day in Bellingham!

19. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Good for you, it's all about the kids, I feel your pain.

PM sent
  20. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All these items are from a 2006 KLR with less than 7500 miles. Never off the pavement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I pulled this carb and put it on my bike. Works perfectly. It doesn't need cleaning or rebuilding or anything. No mods of any kind. Includes the overflow hose and the input hose as shown. $125.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Includes the original air cleaner which isn't that dirty. The little round knob-like gadget that holds it in place on the subframe and the boot to the carb and the carb clamp are also included. $50.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see a little dimpling where some soft bag straps were placed. If it weren't for that and a little grunge on the bottom, it is like new. $60.

[​IMG]

These are as close to new as used parts can get. $60 for the set.

I live in Lake City on the north end of Seattle. Local transactions preferred but I will be happy to ship stuff if you want to pay for it. I prefer not shipping international, thanks.