Beginners offroad ride - Brissy Northside - Sat 13 Oct

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Young-Gun, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Young-Gun

Young-Gun KTM Tragic

Oddometer:
    I'll be keen for another ride in a couple of weeks, just getting a second set of wheels sorted do I don't have to keep changing tyres over

2. boneman660

boneman660 Try Hard

Oddometer:
    I reckon you should make the next ride on a Sunday (out of pure self interest-I have Sundays off).
  3. Andy_P

Andy_P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning to do a ride in 2 weeks (3rd or 4th November) up around Jimna. I want to scope out some new trails and see if its possible to get from glasshouse mountains (around peachester state forest) to jimna without major roads. Being a noob myself, i will stick to easy trails. Probably fuel up at kilcoy, and head up traves road (mt kilcoy) then turn right up the top somewhere.
  4. GMess

GMess Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a customer function on Sat 3rd but might be able to get out on 4th.
  5. Goosefeather

Goosefeather Captain Slow

Oddometer:
    You can go up Bellthorpe Range Road (off Kilcoy Beerwah Road), through Bellthorpe, or up Mount Kilcoy Road (follows Kilcoy Creek).
  6. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite

Oddometer:
  7. Hardhead

Hardhead Long timer

Oddometer:

Lots of options. Ten mile, bellthorpe rd, middle road, Sunday crk, funnel hut Through to kennilworth. Or grigors rd, or as mentioned, stoney crk or mt kilcoy up to bellthorpe rd.
  8. GMess

GMess Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless something happens at work tomorrow I am aiming to get out somewhere Wednesday. Need to be home by about 4 PM. I'll poke around quietly if you have takers for a harder ride.
  9. Wasca

Wasca Adventurized!

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys

I'd be interested in going out for a ride in a couple of weeks. I've just got my open RE license and I'm looking at buying a new WR450F hopefully this weekend.

I'm really new to riding and I'm looking for some one to show me the ropes. B1 put me onto this thread as I originally posted in here

Any how, I'm keen on getting out and meeting some fellow adventure riders who can show me how it's all done.

Wasca
  10. Young-Gun

Young-Gun KTM Tragic

Oddometer:
    Hey mate, from one ride my brother has now got the bug and is keen to go riding again! He's based in Toowoomba, do you know of some good riding in your area? Murphys Creek?

11. boneman660

boneman660 Try Hard

Oddometer:
    Some surprisingly good riding to be had locally. Been heading south lately in the Cunningham Karrara direction. Get your brother to PM me & I'll show him a few local trails. Any excuse for a ride!
  12. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    anyone up for a ride this wkend?
  13. Wasca

Wasca Adventurized!

Oddometer:
    I would be, except that I'm buying a new bike on Saturday and probably wont have it ready for a ride. Andy_P and I are talking about going out the weekend of 3rd and 4th November, more details to come as the trip is worked out.
  14. Andy_P

Andy_P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would love too, but I am on call for the next 2 weeks so I cant do bugger all :(:
  15. GMess

GMess Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am Mick if something is on. Have all day Saturday. Sunday I need to be home mid-afternoon.
  16. excTC

excTC Carbon Ktm lifeform

Oddometer:
    I can do Sunday if you are up for a run
  17. numbaphive

numbaphive not quite rite

Oddometer:
    Bin a few years since I've ridden Toowoomba but tell you bro to google these:
    Murphys Creek: White Mountain, National Park Road, 17 mile Road, 15 mile Road; lots of dirt around there.
    Cabarlah: Adams Road (very steep) leads into lots of other dirt, can ride on dirt to Helidon.
    South Toowoomba: ride out to Preston, Gormans Gap Road lots of others can loop back to Echo Valley MX track.
    Crows nest: Voll Road - can ride to Blackbutt mostly on the dirt.

There's a crap load of good riding around Toowoomba. I use to do a nice run down to Killary - Condamine River Rd, another run to the Bunya Mountains.

Tell him to buy one of these, Downs Lockyer directory; most roads/tracks are gazetted ;)
    [​IMG]
    Cheers.
  18. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    haven't done this one yet. looked at the satellite images and the southern bit looks like its just crossing a paddock but i assume its still a gazetted road and no private property signs? looks like you can go right through to emu creek rd on the northern end?

a good day ride from toowoomba could be to work your way down to the rabbit proof fence via leyburn and duridai state forests then to stanthorpe. not sure how to make a loop of that as we usually do it from brissie but would make a good adv ride.
  19. boneman660

boneman660 Try Hard

Oddometer:
    Don't talk to me about the Rabbit Fence! :eek1 Yes, it's a good option (depending on the company you are with!), and you can get to it via mostly dirt though Leyburn/Felton etc. via Murphy Rd & Tralee Rd.

We went down Voll Rd (if it's the one I'm thinking of) about a year ago, and yes, it is a gazetted road, and yes, it is through farmland complete with gates, cattle, perplexed looks from the bikini clad farmer's wife doing the lawns!

Have GPX of tracks route from Toowoomba to Cunningham if you'd like...:freaky
  20. Ian43ktm

Ian43ktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just spoke to excTC and we have arranged a ride for tomorrow. Leaving the servo on the corner of settlement rd and waterworks rd at 8am. The rough plan is Kilcoy- Jimna-Linville-Benarkin and we'll see how the time is going and decide from there.All welcome