Eugene / Springfield Meet-ups

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by max.headroom, Dec 2, 2008.

1. max.headroom

max.headroom That "Retro" Digital, Ummmm ..... Dude.

Oddometer:
    O.K. ...... my local Eugene and Springfield Duders, and dudettes :evil

Is there any of you that would be interested in a weekly meet up at bars / taverns / pubs to pour down some booze, eat some food, and talk trash - errrr, I mean shop. Shop, being bikes, and ummmmm ....... other types of trash. :lol3

Are we gonna let our brothers and sisters to the north of us be the only meet-up on the "wet" side in the PNW regional forums ???????

Let's see who's interested, and if it looks like there's a few of us, we can start planning where, what time, and what day.

What say ye, ya FFs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.
  2. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is something that I've been wanting to do in EUG fo a while!

Where I used to live, ( up in WA) we'd meet during PST (Pacific Standard time... dark and wet) for beers and such on Wednesdays at 6pm. and durin PDT in the good weather, we'd eat and go for a 1-2 hour ride, and split off before dark.

Times are different for me now, as time is a little in short supply, but I'd love to at least have a group meet for a defenite excuse to ride!

I'd participated with the Eugene Sport Bike website group on group rides, but there is a bit much 'boy racer' during rides to make me feel safe. Nice folks though....
  3. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    well duh! howza bout mondays, or tuesdays, or wednesdays, or the one after that? or all of them days at 7:00, and at a different location every night until somebody gets arrested! good idea G,, I'm in! :1drink but,,you will have to go outside to smoke in yoogene, Embers had a heated outside patio, and lots of older ladies to dance with,,(they'd LIKE you G!):evil
    PS,,,by older,, I mean older than ME!:rofl
  4. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Well those days for sure save you from putting up with any of my company... good choice, cause I have tipi and will travel :nod
  5. oremike

oremike Motorcyclest

Oddometer:
    I fall in the category of crusty old bastard(tm) and would rather meet up for a ride. Unless the meets are to plan future epic adventures.:evil
  6. Dakar-Dave

Dakar-Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good idea Funkster,

Just don't let it go down that slippery slope like the PDX thread. :D

Doh, too late, I see Fishy has already posted here :lol3
  7. KLR PILGRIM

KLR PILGRIM SICK ASS ADVENTURE RIDER.

Oddometer:
    yeah that sounds like it could be good times for sure. I'm down. Doesn't Papa's Pizza do that on Thursday nights? I thinks there's all sorts of groups there too like duel sport, sport, cruisers ....and chicks too....
    Let me know what up sounds like good fun....:norton
  8. peterman

Oddometer:
    Fall Creek tavern,Unity,good bar food, you can smoke, plenty roomy, too far away.

Alibi tavern, spfld, good bar food, you can smoke, kinda small, but expanding, (could be crowded on a pool or dart league night.)

Pour House tavern, spfld, great food, you can smoke, lots of room.

Overtime tavern, Eugene, good bar food, smoking outside under a tented area, lots of room, and no threat of lack of bike parking, all the PoserHardlys will be put away for the year:lol3

O'Donnell's Irish Pub, Eugene, good bar food, covered area outside for smokers, usually low key, room enough for a bunch of ADV'er to take over.

McShanes, Eugene, lots of room,Okay to smoke, I have heard both good and bad about their food, service can be slow from my experience.

Sam's Place, Eugene, used to have pretty darn good bar food, got room enough, no idea as to service and amenities, have not been in there for a time.

I'm trying to think of locations which may not freak out at a bunch of riders showing up, all wanting drinks of some kind, maybe all wanting food, some smoke, some don't, some swear and laugh loudly, and fart as needed in mixed company, without embarrassment.
    Some places will work for some of us, and some may be a total curse to avoid to others. Personally, I am not a big fan of Eugene, the City. (Iliked it fine in '69) We'll have to kinda go by braille,,feel our way along until the consensus is in a comfortable setting. Otherwise,, hell I don't need YFF's to go for a beer and get together with complete strangers and have a good time, but a crew of ADV folk might come off okay.
    So,, if you have a favorite spot, & they have somewhat secure parking for bikes, passable food, and a good friendly attitude, and it's not right next door to the police station,, post it up,,suggestions are the seed of decisions.
  9. KLR PILGRIM

Oddometer:
    what about that little Irish pub over by L.C.C I think its 30th and Franklin. good food smokers, beer, and cock tails, Pool lotts of room...

~Fall creek No way In hell
    ~alibi in spring tuckey Harley bar, I don't think so
  10. peterman

Oddometer:
    that "little" irish pub near LCC is McShanes. see above.
    the 'biker' bar you are thinking of is "Spirits",,not the Alibi.

you need to get out more often.
  11. max.headroom

Oddometer:
    Hey, hey ..... I've been out of the loop for a few days ......

Basically I just got swamped, between work, working on one of my bikes, and I picked up a little side job - which I'm about to head off to.

I little extra cash is always a good thing. :thumb

They might do something at Papa's Pizza on Thursday ...... I'm not sure.

I like the idea of going to one place one week, another place next week, and so on .....

I'm mean, C'mon it's Eugene / Springfield / Lane County - there aren't that many establishments ....... :lol3

Thursdays are probably a good day ...... but really for me, just about any day is as good as another ..... Time is a different thing. Either it has to be early enough, that I can go right from work to the meeting spot, or a little later, so I can stop at home and let my dogs out ...... but other than that - I'm flexible .....

Do we want to start up this upcoming week? Perhaps Thursday? If so, I can pick the first place, or Peterman can, or whomever ......

G.
  12. max.headroom

Oddometer:
    Oh - and I'm almost positive Mr.Jetmoto and Mrs.jetmoto will want to be in on this ......

G.
  13. KLR PILGRIM

Oddometer:
    I'm down for Thursdays evenings.......
  14. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't make it this week. I'm learning to play the banjo in Ft Smith, Arkansas..............actually a business meeting that will keep me there until Saturday. Make it happen, fellas......
  15. Mr. Jetmoto

Mr. Jetmoto Banned

Oddometer:

You know it G-funk. By the way, I got so freaking lost on those BLM roads on saturday I wound up about 20 miles from Reedsport, I was lovin every minute of it.

Next time i take a map:thumb

My personal favorite gathering place bars are Mulligans, wetlands, or the overtime (just because they are closest, not because they are the coolest).:freaky :jkam :dutch :dutch
  16. KLR PILGRIM

Oddometer:
    So what sort of Motor Bikes are you all going to be on? I will be a ridin my 09 KLR650
  17. Mr. Jetmoto

Mr. Jetmoto Banned

Oddometer:
    Hey I'm still down for that klr wrench day in the spring.
  18. max.headroom

Oddometer:
    I fully agree ..... I'm posting up after this for the 1st one this Thursday .....
    Some places will not work at all ..... and we should bounce between joints in Eugene and Springfield.

Fuck - I'm not against Fall Creek either - the tavern's a nice joint ......

G.
  19. max.headroom

Oddometer:
    Thursday.

Start time: 6:00pm or there abouts ......
    Meaning, some may show at 5:00 or 5:30pm - some may not show till 7:00pm

6:00pm gives me time to get home and let the dogs out, and then cruise.

Where: I'm just picking "off the cuff" cuz I've already had some cocktails
    The Wetlands. They've got good beer, mixed drinks, and decent food. Plus there's ample parking for bikes and the parking lot is well lit, really.
    They're over, just a little north of, 11th and garfield ...... that's right, isn't it Jet?

If I'm riding, cuz it depends on whether I have to pick up big stuff on the way home or something, I'll be on either a Honda Africa Twin, or a white KTM 990adv. If not, I'll be in a white Dodge Dakota Quad Cab ,,,,,,

Who's in? :beer

G.
  20. KLR PILGRIM

Oddometer:
    Weather Permitted I will go on my Bike. A Blue 09 KLR .If its shitty out I will take my Toyota x/cab 4x4
    I will be coming from Creswell and Going out the Loraine hwy to 126 and in to the Wet Lands if any one want ride in....its DEER CITY this time of yr out there so take care who ever takes that route.
    You had to pick the farthest joint from me there is....my luck any more.lol