Proxxon 36 pc tool kit from Touratech

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by nickatnite, May 8, 2008.

1. nickatnite

nickatnite Poster Boy for Red Death

Oddometer:
    Lousy-ana, learing kung pow streetfighting.
    You know the one:
    [​IMG]

I was goin thru my tool roll for the GS and making sure that every tool in there has a purpose and such. Well, anyway, the other day I was ordering something from Backorder.com errr... Touratech and to my suprise, the items were in stock and I said what the hell, I would order one of these also.
    Here is the link on Backorder.com for the toolkit

I must admit that this is a pretty cool kit. I used it to install what I had ordered ( a set of Petrol Line Protectors):

[​IMG]

Here is where the cool factor kicked in and worked. You see the 2 screws that bolt the protector onto the cylinders? Well, it's really hard to get a socket in there, let alone an extension and ratchet.
    The coolness factor? Well, I can take the Proxxon torx socket and it will fit in there, but no ratchet. The Proxxon sockets have a shoulder on them to allow one to put a 1/4 in wrench on it and still use the socket. My Torx sockets that I bought from Sears won't let me do that.

Another cool factor?

The 5.5mm hex socket also doubles as the proper socket to remove the nut on the back of the gear shifter which is an E-4 bolt.

The 13 mm hex socket also doubles as teh proper socket to remove the nuts for the handlebar clamps.

Plus you have room underneath the plastic tray to place other tools.

I just thought that I would share this with you guys. I'll do a better and more detailed review of this toolkit after I have used it for several months.
  2. Kodanja

Kodanja Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're right...it's a great compact tool set. Used mine the other day to install TT risers.
  3. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Moved to Equipment. :thumb

btw, bestrestproducts.com sells some proxxon tools too.
  5. CODIY

CODIY Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This was the first "tool" I bought when I got my F650 last year. I love the kit, and I carry it on the bike, but the case is a bit of a PITA. The tools rattle, and the plastic tray is already cracking.

I love the kit, other than the case. To that end, I am trying to make an insert for a pelican microcase to hold all the tools tightly so they don't rattle, plus add a little more room for those extras that nickatnite was talking about (right now I have zip-ties, sand paper, a socket to hex drive adapter and a couple other goodies in there). The pelican case would alse not have those sharp edges!

The other upside is that I have a small first aid kit mounted on the back of one of my Caribou Case panniers (pictures of that are in this Farkles thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279286&page=9 ), so this would make the back of the bike match and free up some space inside the cases. I think that I'd make a locking mount for the tools, though. Of course, even just with a pelican case and the tight fitted slots for the tools, keeping it in a bag would probably work.

I'll keep y'all updated on it.