The official XT225 thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by wickerman777, Nov 4, 2006.

1. rextec

rextec Adventurer

Oddometer:
    im at 3400' and run the 40 pilot and 127.5 main, 3 turns out with an FMF powercore exhaust. Runs great.
  2. rextec

rextec Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You didn't like my exact same link in the above post? :lol3[/QUOTE]

Nope, mines better. lol! Didnt catch it :p
  3. dghuppert

dghuppert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't be an issue to move it back to suit your needs.
  4. ER70S-2

ER70S-2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  5. Dirt2Street

Dirt2Street Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So everyone says to match the xt with the ttr but do they even make a ttr225 in 2007? Or do I have to match it with different years? I can't find 2007 TTR 225 parts anywhere..
    Help.. :baldy
  6. DanKearney

DanKearney I'm in no rush. . .

Oddometer:
    Don't know if you've already be pointed there, but XT225.com is the place to go for info.

Cheers,

Dan K.
  7. RebelHorse

RebelHorse Whinny Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Didnt notice that site. :lol3
  8. RebelHorse

RebelHorse Whinny Rider

Oddometer:
    Figure Id post some pics of my newly accquired 06 225. Got only for 1800 bucks and has 9000 miles, BUT runs like a champ. Was very well taken care of ahead of me. Origionally from South Dakota.

Here it is in its new natural enviroment of the boarding stables!:dllama
    [​IMG]

And this of my first ride out in the country (further)....bad day to ride, but turned out AWSOME! I didnt get wet LMAO...Missed by miles, but beautiful scenery and fresh storm air...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see why people Dual Sport. Riding on the dirt rodes and trails in the country, its just something else. You hear, see, and smell the outdoors, instead of the musty dirty tack in the cab of my truck...:huh
  9. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    Yep. If it was any more fun it would either illegal or a sin, or both!! :lol3
  10. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
    Try matching with different years, the parts numbers on micro fiche parts sheets will most likely be the same.
  11. MasterChief

MasterChief Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think they stopped making the ttr225 in 04. Starting making the ttr230 in 05.

What parts are you looking for?

If you want an exhaust system any one for the ttr225 will fit.

TTR230 will not fit, the frame is different then the 225.
  12. woofer2609

Oddometer:
    I switched to synthetic oil a while back, 3000 km's or so. I am using Rotella 5w40. My buddy said he noticed me pushing a little blue when following me. I haven't compression tested the bike as my compression tester does not have the correct threads, but in the meantime, has anybody noticed increased oil consumption with synthetic oil? Maybe as a factor of the looser tolerances of this older air cooled engine? the plug looks good, tan coloured. Sure, my fuel mileage is better, and cold starts are easy now, but I don't think I ever added oil to the bike between changes before switching to synthetic unless something was leaking. My front valve cover "weeps" a little, but it seems to not be losing much from there. 36,xxxkm's on engine.
    Bike seems to run fine.
    Second question. I know the charging system is somewhat anemic. I load tested my battery recently and it looked very good, but after idling in traffic for about 45 minutes, I shut it off and it wouldn't turn over, I had to bump start it. Off road I have had my battery die as well, has anybody run across stator issues?
  13. flank

flank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    if any of you guys are riding around the Vancouver Lower Mainland or the rest of BC for that matter and see this bike, do me a favour and take a swing at the a$$hat riding it would ya? it was ganked from my underground parking this weekend. :2guns

upside, maybe I'll replace it with somethin newer?

[​IMG]
  14. DirtThumper

DirtThumper Bug protein and grit

Oddometer:
    Bummer Flank.... If I was on the your side of the continent, I would help look for it. I've got the same bike but it looks really beat up compared to yours. You have me thinking I should chain her up to something now.

BUT, I would be impressed if whoever tried actually got her started! Needs work!

Good luck on getting her back! Some yahoo or a friend that NEEDED to borrow it will have to pay!
  15. woofer2609

Oddometer:
    If you haven't already, I encourage you to post pictures and descriptions on DSBC (Dual Sport BC), as it is a great community of guys and gals who have eyes all over the lower mainland and BC.
    I'll keep my peepers open as well.
    What year is that bike?
  16. flank

flank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks woofer, Yes I've posted to the DSBC forums as well. It's a 1985 1KH import.
  17. beerbuzz

beerbuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Needing some help with interchange parts. Has anyone ever verified if the yfm225 cylinder will fit the xt engine? Yamaha part numbers are very similar but have different suffixes.
  18. RebelHorse

RebelHorse Whinny Rider

Oddometer:
    Just got Uni and removed the snorkle. Im damn surprised how much these 2 small things just by themselves do for the bike! Sounds better, and the throttle is much more responsive and snappy. All thats left is the Z1 mod. Hope I wont have to change.jets but will see. Didnt have to thus far.
  19. Dirt2Street

Dirt2Street Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, if I dont sell the beast, I want an exhaust and im not sure what else yet. havent thought that far ahead.. also, what air filters are you running? or anyone else for that matter..
  20. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    What are the part #s? suffixes usually indicate either supercessions or color or finish differences, sometimes other stuff. The prefix is the most critical part of the #.