Hudson Valley Region Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by wiseblood, May 12, 2009.

1. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    With the weather getting nice, and of you NY/NJ/LI/CT/PA FFs want to start a "Hudson Valley Region" Tag-O-Rama game?

I'm thinking it should cover the area north of New York City, extending a bit west of the Hudson, and including western bits of CT. Basically, all the places us poor city FFs go when we want to get out of the city. :D

Thoughts?

Jesse

VIEW THE TAG MAP!

https://www.google.com/fusiontables...005&t=1&z=9&l=col2&y=3&tmplt=4&hml=GEOCODABLE

Or, same link in en-shortened mode: http://bit.ly/1c1Iuky :clap

mod edit - a new map link can be found here - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1LIc7SfSup59ZiRKJ5SAMVCL-TWvl_kda&usp=sharing
  2. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    May as well go ahead....it looks like it will be awhile before the Westies are done playing around with the Empire TOR. I know there are quite few that would participate including myself.

:thumb

:lurk
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retagging voted on again,,,, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876073

Retagging won 11 to 10. Retags allowed after 2 years.

<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Never Never ever!!!!!! </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes width="12%" noWrap align=middle>10</TD><TD class=alt2 width="13%" noWrap align=right>34.48%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Yes, after 2 years tags can be reused. </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes width="12%" noWrap align=middle>10</TD><TD class=alt2 width="13%" noWrap align=right>34.48%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Yes, after 3 years tags can be reused. </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes width="12%" noWrap align=middle>1</TD><TD class=alt2 width="13%" noWrap align=right>3.45%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Wow, you guys in the Hudson Valley are Wack Jobs! </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes width="12%" noWrap align=middle>8</TD><TD class=alt2 width="13%" noWrap align=right>27.59%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Retagging was voted on,,,, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21095837&postcount=7358

(Shamelessly ripped from HamSandwich's Big Apple ToR rules.)

Rules are easy... and most likely wont be followed anyway.
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location preferably more than a mile from the previous post, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Or you can have them follow you there. Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
      • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, not 15 feet down the Coney Island boardwalk when the original was Nathens, maybe a bit of history and that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable, b) not placed on a dirt road. c) Accessible for more than a few hours during the day (i.e. a road is only open 2 hours a day = No Good. Location is only open on weekends = No Good. The road is only open from 8am to 6pm = OK but let people know that when posting the tag.) Try to avoid the last situation as this is the "City that doesnt sleep" and game has/will be active in the wee hours.
      • Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
    3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag, Time stamped photos dont mean anything. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Tags from other states are fair game as long as you re-tag within the same state, post on that states thread. and cross post here to motivate the masses. (Be civil ppl)
    6. No whining :nono Ya right. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules:lol3
    7. If the photo is un-questionably (probably not a real word but you know what I mean) duplicated the new tag may be posted immediately. If it is questionable (i.e. the gate was locked so the picture is a bike in front of a locked gate)The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) If the holder does not reply within 12 hours its up to the active (guys that have tags) game players. If two members or more agree the tag is good than it is. This game moves fast. Lets keep it that way.
    8. The person who is responsible for posting the next tag has 48 hour to do so with the exception of foul weather (heavy rain, snow).
    9. Should the tag holder fail to post the new tag within the 48 hours someone will need to get the previous tag and post a new one within 48 hours.
    10. If there were two people that got the tag and the person who got it first fails to post within the 48 hours the person who posted second may post a new tag.
    Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.

"But, Wiseblood -- what do you mean Hudson Valley Region?"

My own suggestion for area: Within about two hours (100 miles?) travel time from New York City. Includes bits west of Hudson, going east into CT! Something one could reasonably do on a day trip. That being said, I'm open to suggestions!
  3. sweetlou

sweetlou small body, big balls

Oddometer:
    Dude this has "bruce" written ALL over it. I'm in!

Lou
  4. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF

Oddometer:
    Just do it! Someone else did in NW CT NW CT TOR and I did in RI & E CT RI & E CT TOR if you start it they will come!
  5. wiseblood

Oddometer:
    (Shamelessly ripped from HamSandwich's Big Apple ToR rules.)

Rules are easy... and most likely wont be followed anyway.
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location preferably more than a mile from the previous post, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Or you can have them follow you there. Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
      • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, not 15 feet down the Coney Island boardwalk when the original was Nathens, maybe a bit of history and that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable, b) not placed on a dirt road. c) Accessible for more than a few hours during the day (i.e. a road is only open 2 hours a day = No Good. Location is only open on weekends = No Good. The road is only open from 8am to 6pm = OK but let people know that when posting the tag.) Try to avoid the last situation as this is the "City that doesnt sleep" and game has/will be active in the wee hours.
      • Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
    3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag, Time stamped photos dont mean anything. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Tags from other states are fair game as long as you re-tag within the same state, post on that states thread. and cross post here to motivate the masses. (Be civil ppl)
    6. No whining :nono Ya right. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules:lol3
    7. If the photo is un-questionably (probably not a real word but you know what I mean) duplicated the new tag may be posted immediately. If it is questionable (i.e. the gate was locked so the picture is a bike in front of a locked gate)The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) If the holder does not reply within 12 hours its up to the active (guys that have tags) game players. If two members or more agree the tag is good than it is. This game moves fast. Lets keep it that way.
    8. The person who is responsible for posting the next tag has 48 hour to do so with the exception of foul weather (heavy rain, snow).
    9. Should the tag holder fail to post the new tag within the 48 hours someone will need to get the previous tag and post a new one within 48 hours.
    10. If there were two people that got the tag and the person who got it first fails to post within the 48 hours the person who posted second may post a new tag.
    Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.

"But, Wiseblood -- what do you mean Hudson Valley Region?"

My own suggestion for area: Within about two hours (100 miles?) travel time from New York City. Includes bits west of Hudson, going east into CT! Something one could reasonably do on a day trip. That being said, I'm open to suggestions!

VIEW THE TAG MAP!

https://www.google.com/fusiontables...005&t=1&z=9&l=col2&y=3&tmplt=4&hml=GEOCODABLE

Or, same link in en-shortened mode: http://bit.ly/1c1Iuky :clap

(Check here before you post a new tag to make sure it's not a dup!)

OK... Let's get this started with the easiest tag in the region!:

[​IMG]
  6. Boatman

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm... if that's the easiest then I guess I'll stick with the ADK TOR...:dunno
  7. wiseblood

Oddometer:

Well, then you're in for quite a treat! This tower was built to commemorate the work of the commissioner appointed in 1900 by New York governor Theodore Roosevelt. The view from the tower takes in four states and the Hudson River valley, including New York City.

On your way out of the park, watch out for the 15 mph decreasing radius turn. You will be tempted to take it faster than 15 mph. Resist the urge, unless you are wearing your racing leathers. :evil

There's also a nice shop in the area which might let you demo a $25k Bimota, if you look well-insured. :deal

Jesse
  8. RUGGER64

RUGGER64 COMMUTER

Oddometer:
    Terrific new TOR and a very good tag to start with. If I only have the time....!
    I used to hiking around there!
  9. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine were shamelessly ripped from Augie. :lol3
  10. RacerXS

RacerXS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is pretty damn easy TBH.......
  11. BX DS

BX DS Great googly-moogly

Oddometer:
    Nice.

Too bad I'm without a bike to scoop this tag.

I'd vote to simply expand the Big Apple ToR's borders rather then have 3-4 local games and the statewide game. but thats just me.
  12. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    and Nachtflugs house. :D

That tower was commissioned by me to watch over Flugistan.
  13. aphazia

aphazia KLR+Duct tape+Dreams!

Oddometer:
    Bah. I was there a week ago today, was a great ride. Definitely a 'gimme' for the region.
  14. Boatman

Oddometer:

:poser :poser

I think I have an idea where this is now........
  15. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Tower of Flugistan :lol3 :lol3

Is that on Bear Mountain? Or I mean Harriman State Park?
  16. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh boy, this should be good. I'm in.
  17. wiseblood

Oddometer:
    Ahh, but you'd miss the opportunity to get the quadfecta! NY, LI, NJ, and HVR!

Also, the Big Apple game moves at a different pace. (I think we had a six-tags-in-one-day day a couple months ago.) Don't want to mess with that. :D:D:D

What happened to your bike?

Jesse
  18. BX DS

BX DS Great googly-moogly

Oddometer:
    The kawi gods were smoking crack when they put my bike together. The Demi Gods wanted to look the bike over (recall).

I have my bike back now... all is good in the motorcycling world.
  19. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tag located. Found with no electronic assistance.:D

[​IMG]
  20. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    New tag

I'm keeping this simple. It's a church in the woods.

[​IMG]