I got it C650GS

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by granratfisher, Nov 12, 2012.

1. granratfisher

granratfisher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got it and it is great I put 350 miles on it. It gets 53 mpg. It rides great , I had a Burgram the ride sucks. I cant figure out how to post pic. Joe:D
  2. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool. Take a picture, give it a name, put it in a file on your computer, upload it to Photobucket, Then copy the IMG code, and paste it here.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the maintenance is like on it? I have heard lots os stories about the valves being a real hassle on the Burgmans.
  3. Lps2009

Lps2009 n00b

Oddometer:
    you had a burgman and it sucked ??
    hmmmm interesting
  4. elamofo

elamofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think he said the ride sucked, as in the suspension, not the entire scooter. I've never ridden a Burgman but I have read a lot about them and I don't think anyone ever said they sucked. I have heard the suspension can leave a little to be desired for some people.
  5. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tried to take a Burgman 650 for a test ride. I had to have help getting on and off of it, and while making turns in a parking lot I could not get my feet on the ground until I had already leaned it passed the point where I was afraid I might not be able to hold it up if it started to go. It might have been fine on the open road, but so is my 1500 Goldwing. I was looking for something with touring capability that would be easier to get on and off of and easier to handle in tight situations, especially parking lot maneuvers. Having owned several smaller scooters, I just assumed that a maxi scooter would be what I needed. I quickly found out that a maxi scooter is a whole different animal than say, a Zuma 125. Other than the fairing and bags, the Goldwing is narrower than a Burgman 650, and you can put your feet right down beside it, between the engine and bags, as long as you do not have floorboards, and easily touch the ground. After trying the Burgman, I walked back over to my Goldwing, got on, and took off with no issues. But it is still for sale, it is only a matter of time until it will simply be too big and heavy for me. But a maxi scooter has the same issues, if not worse. On the 650, I was unable to put my foot across the seat, and stand up comfortably, like the Goldwing. The floor was so wide it was literally wedged in between my legs, and caused significant pain. To me that is the weak point of a maxi scooter, maxi width floorboards. The low seat is not so great either. I can easily get on and off my Goldwing, but have a nightmare of a time getting into and out of my sisters Miata. I have literally had to roll out of that thing onto the ground, close the door, then reach up and grab the top of the closed door and pull myself off the ground. I get into my '93 S10 pickup just fine. Even with no A/C, I prefer driving it to my '01 Malibu on all but the hottest days, due to it's ease of entry and exit.

I sure wish someone would build a freeway capable scooter for those of up with arthritis/joint/muscle problems.
  6. gregbenner

gregbenner Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is a C650GS? I am aware of BMWs F650GS, C650 GT, and c650Sport, but not familiar with this one.
  7. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jerry, the reason I prefer the more upright traditional scoots is because I have a hip issue that sometimes makes it hard to swing a leg up high enough to clear a traditional bike. The t-max was so high I find many motorcycles easier to mount. The Scarabeo 500, BV 500 do have widish footboards but their step through is low. Same with the Sports City 250, Kymco People/Like and Vespas. My husband only has a 29" inseam and finds all of them easy enough to ride (well he's never tried the Kycmos but they are close enough to the others he has ridden it shouldn't be a problem.)