worst post of my life

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by icebox, Sep 18, 2013.

1. icebox

icebox Long timer

Oddometer:
    On Monday in the Gallatin Canyon a negligent driver pulled a sudden and unsignaled cross lane left turn in front of inmate MTgrrl. She impacted the passengers side door of a S10 Blazer at better than 45 MPH and drove the car a small ways down the road and caved the door area in 18". She is alive, but in and out, mostly out of conscious. She was wearing good gear, but has suffered a traumatic brain injury, broken facial bones and a broken pelvis. She was life flighted to St Vincents in Billings. The Nolan Helmet she was wearing is entirely intact, the chin bar is broken on one side, and the faceshield and her glasses were in the back seat of the MFs car. There were four witnesses that blamed the SUV in whole for the accident. She is improving but scheduled for further surgery tomorrow to repair some of the facial injuries and pin/screw the pelvis, this will take more than five hours in the OR. She is my best freind and life partner. On Sunday we had a great day from West across the Park, over the Beartooth Highway for lunch and back. A typical day for us on almost any weekend in the summer.
    I am back in West for a change in clothes, and to pick up her belongs from the MT Highway Patrol, they were in impound as charges against the MFer are pending. I don't think the Patrolman on scene expected her to survive.
    The amazing thing is her helmet dented the area above the door window, shattered the glass, the handle bars broke her pelvis, but she suffered no blunt force major trauma to her torso or arms and legs, but she is bruised all to hell. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated, if someone could cross post this in Bozeman Uprising it would be appreciatted. I don't have the heart or energy to do this twice. We don't really post there but have some freinds that might see it that don't know yet. We ride mostly to our selves, the Gravellys, Yellowstone, Moab or wherever and whenever we have time. Laurie is tough as hell, is in great shape for a woman over fifty, sorry girl to let that one out, She is the MT state time trial Champion for CAT 3,4 women at 52, which I am sure contributed to her survival of the initial impact. But it is going to be a long painfull road back. Be safe out there and watch out for idiots, which is exactly what I told her before she left, she flipped up her visor and squezzed me a kiss and told me she would call from Bozeamn. Driving back to Billings in the AM, I would have posted sooner , but as soon as I heard from her family I left for Billings with little but my dumb phone and a change of underwear.
  2. dbern

dbern outsider

Oddometer:
    you guys are in our thoughts... damn idiots are everywhere...
  3. dlew

dlew Daypass Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    you are both in my thoughts as well. hang in there and relay the same to MTgrrl.
  4. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope for the BEST for both of you.....
  5. Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about this. She sounds tough as nails. Best wishes and godspeed.
  6. Import

Import Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All the best.....
  7. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    You are both in my prayers.
  8. Muddobber

Muddobber Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Prayers for you two and your families.
  9. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Best wishes for a full recovery.

Our daughter is now living in California (also a Cat 3 cyclist) and I always tell her the same thing about MC riding.
  10. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    So sorry to hear,,, prayers to her for a full recovery and to you to have the strength to help her however is needed.
  11. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, very sorry to hear about the accident and I sure hope she's doing better. I've ridden that road many times and it's just a gorgeous piece of road, usually not much traffic. Very sad that her timing put her in the wrong spot at the wrong time with some fooking idiot cage driver on what should have been a really fun ride. We will hold you both in the light.

Doug
  12. Turbo Ghost

Turbo Ghost Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So sorry for this! God bless her and praying for a speedy and full recovery!
  13. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    Oh no. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
  14. psmcd

psmcd Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is so sad. I read and look here with joy and celebration of all the beautiful places and experiences shared. Life is rich and wonderful and calls us to share its opportunities. May Laurie heal quick and full, be drawn to more life, supported by all our thoughts and prayers. Icebox, may you be witness to blessings and miracles.
  15. Rambo1

Rambo1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so sorry to read this, just prayed for her and wish her a full fast recovery.
  16. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Positive vibes and prayers sent.
  17. Drilldogger

Drilldogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Best wishes
  18. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very sorry to hear about the accident and hope she recovers quickly.
  19. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    Best wishes hope she recovers quickly.
  20. Scubalong

Scubalong Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought and prayer go out to both of you.:cry