A little Texas S&M (Shooting and Motorcycling).

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Timba, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Timba

Timba Luckiest Man Alive

Oddometer:
    I had a GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) match to go to today, and since the weather was so damn nice, I decided to ride. I packed up the GS with a couple of .45s, a couple hundred rounds of ammo, and headed out.

On my way, I passed a nice little supercross track somebody built next to the road.

[​IMG]

My route took my right past and below Lake Medina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below the Dam:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was even a little Fall color:

[​IMG]

The GSSF folks were mighty nice. I finally bought that Glock field knife I'd been desiring for many years.

[​IMG]

The temperature could not have been more perfect.

[​IMG]

I went a new route home, and found a new historical marker. I find it remarkable that less than a hundred years before I was born, people in Texas were still getting killed and scalped by Indians.

I was fortunate enough to visit Rome this year, and the experience of walking through buildings created 500 or even 1,000 years ago was humbling.

I've heard that the primary difference between Americans and Europeans is that Americans think a hundred years is a long time, and Europeans think a hundred miles is a long distance.

[​IMG]

This route took me through the Plains country next to the Hill country. Quite a difference in terrain in just a few miles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love Texas. Miles and miles and miles of quiet little country roads like this.

[​IMG]

Anyway, I don't think I won first place, but I came home from the shooting match with the same number of holes I went there with, so I guess it all ended well. :D
  2. divingbiker

divingbiker True Blue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are so fortunate to have days like today, (mild temp.) in our part of the country. Thanks for the report.
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good ride... Nice weather too :thumb any gun action shots?
  4. Timba

Timba Luckiest Man Alive

Oddometer:
    Sorry, not from today's. All I had was my iphone this time, so no action shots.

However, here are some shots from the 2006 GSSF match ...

My brother-out-law at the Glock "M" stage:
    [​IMG]

The "5 to Glock" stage:
    [​IMG]

And me on my favorite stage, the plates. I had a couple of sub-5-second runs today, which pleased me greatly. :D

[​IMG]