Garmin Edge 605 memory too full?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Jimr80gs, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Jimr80gs

Jimr80gs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After adding Topo maps, basically all on Montana, to my 2GB microSD card the Edge quit working. Works fine if I pull the SD card out. I put in another SD card, loaded area Topo maps and everything works fine. Edge manual says microSD is fine to use, just doesn't mention size limits.

With the loaded SD card, 165mb if MY memory is working, my computer won't recognize the additional drive in the Edge. Will the Edge just not recognize somthing that big?

TIA

Jim
  2. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Whose Topo maps are you trying to load, and what version are the?
  3. Jimr80gs

Oddometer:
    Topos are Map Source United States, ver 3.02.

I did put another microSD card in with much less info and the Edge works fine, so I'm guessing the 165 mb is just too much. Nothing on the manual or Garmin site mention what size card or loaded memory is too much.

Thanks
    Jim
  4. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    It sounds like you are trying to load a lot more than just Montana maps if you have 165mb.

You will probably hit the maximum number of segments limit in the unit before you max out the memory on the card if you aren't just selecting the maps for just the state.

But then again, the Garmin site says they have a new version that is compatible with the Edge, so maybe not.
  5. Jimr80gs

Oddometer:
    9Dave, tried the SD again and the Edge recognized it. I was able to delete and reload about half of what I'd put on before and it works. I did WAIT after each step to make sure I didn't rush anything.

Thanks for your help :clap

Jim