2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. dultanur

dultanur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I gather the comfort is about the same?
    Regarding the fork dive, I'm not expecting tele/paralever levels but the 990R I rode had so much fork dive that it was disconcerting. I am hoping for less than that. Otherwise I may have to look at the Duc 1200 MTS 8with the skyhook).

Another concern I have is that KTM will come out with a semi-active version quite soon...
  2. dultanur

dultanur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :D:DHehe, here comes the bimmer bashing :bash
    I like the GS for the comfort and stability under braking, but don't consider the suspension "superior" due to the high unsprung weight and minimal front end feel.
    I think what he meant was only regarding front end dive...
  3. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Depending on year 990R front susp travel is 265mm / 245mm. It's truly an off road bike so you should expect lots of diving.
  4. dultanur

dultanur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will take a test ride next week so I hope all my questions will be answered. Its probably gonna be the orange duck or a red duke multi...:freaky
  5. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really ? :-))))
  6. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ben iki hafta önce ktm 1190 adventure aldım çok memnunum 990 deneme sürüşüne çıkardım çok güçsüz geldi. 1190 ktm iki kişi ve yüklü bir şekilde muhteşem bir motor . 990 suspansıyonundan çok çok daha iyi bence . Gayet süratlı bir motor ayrıca standart modeli bile çok rahat off Road yapabiliyor. Ama Türkiye'de olsaydım 52 bin verirmiydim bilemem tur için daha iyi motorlar var ama adventure istiyorsan süper bir motor sorunsuz.
  7. dultanur

dultanur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tancakar: Yep, I'm after a do it all bike, so as capable as a GS at the least.
    Ümit: :evil Its probably gonna be 'bye bye das traktor' this year. Its got 30k and I want something more fun, hence the duc or KTM question. Gotta let me ride her one of these days :lol3
  8. Bails

Bails Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is no way the Ducati will be as capable as a GS ! I speak from experience. The Duc does some things much better, but cannot compete in some areas.
  9. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    + ducatis fuelling is rubbish
  10. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:
    I have had a three Multistrada one being the air cooled two of them being the 1200 . Excellent bikes but limited off road capabilities .
  11. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    The 2013 Multistradas are very smooth. Fueling is spot on on all the RPM range, it is night and day from the 2010-12 models. Ducati made three strategic changes to the testastretta motor to achieve this (changed injector angle, dual spark plugs, and auxiliary air valve), changes that optimize burning, improve throttle response at low RPM, improve fuel efficiency, and a 5% torque increase.

But of course, the Ducati serves other purposes. Although the 1190 standard offers now a more street biased experience, closer to the Ducati.

There is room for all these bikes in the market, and that is the beauty of being a buyer these days. Great options, with great improvements across the board.
  12. TheLightfoot

TheLightfoot n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm new to ADVrider but thought I would share my thoughts on the new 1190R which I have now owned for 2 weeks and so far have done approx 1200Klms on. In 1 word it is AWESOME! I also own a 05 950ADV which has served me well but hell how things have changed in 10 years of development. The 1190 motor is so smooth and the fly by wire throttle fuels beautifully. The new bike is incredibly easy to ride around town and a blast out on the open road. The brakes are sensational as in the twisties the corners seem to come up a lot quicker than before! The gearbox is a gem and the new slipper clutch is super light. After a day or 2 of riding you get used to the digital displays which tell you everything you need to know. What has impressed me during the run in period (KTM say max 6500rpm) was the fuel economy. Around town the display says 6-7l per 100k whereas out on the open road at 100-120kph with a few blasts higher it is down to 5l per 100k. The low fuel warning was coming on at about 340+ k mark but when I filled her up she only took 18l which meant I had about 5l remaining and a theoretical range of 440k from the 23l tank! From my 950A I was lucky to get 320k's from 22l ! No complaints at all other than lack of KTM Hard Parts yet to arrive from Austria. Apparently the boys at Mattighofen have been caught by surprise as to the worldwide demand for this new model. :freaky
  13. vanilla

vanilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You'll be on the hit list for all nostalgic 950/990 owners for saying the new bikes better!!!

Welcome to the 1190R club!!
  14. Bundu

Bundu KTM 1290SA

Oddometer:
    there is one thing on the 1190 Adv that I just don't understand.... the DRL setting under settings

I have tried with the setting set to ON and also to OFF, but I can't get my dipped beam to always stay on, specifically during the day, as I want maximum visibility to cagers - Every time I turn ignition off and ON again, the bike seems to reset to the setting where ONLY the LEDs are burning during the day

anybody figured this out yet?:norton
  15. silver donkey

silver donkey ride it like you stole it

Oddometer:
    might i just add that the seat on the new bike is a HUGE improvement on the '04 950 like i had before :evil

2hrs in the saddle is long enough to make any seat feel hard, combine that with engine heat from the traffic, yeah baby toasty ass..
  16. silver donkey

Oddometer:

Better yes but i think the main thing is DIFFERENT. After day 2 on the new bike I'd go harder in twisties than I would have on the 950. Looking fwd to see how the new one compares to the nimble 950 in dirty technical challenges...
  17. silver donkey

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Crash bars and skid plate to follow once dealer gets stock.
  18. Katoom72

Katoom72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sure no 950/990 rider would rate the 950/990 better on the asphalt. The 1190 is a way ahead in that department.
  19. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Finally first time with luggage. :-))
  20. MrMike

MrMike No self control

Oddometer:
    I used to own a 990 but as I got a twichy right hand I couldn't use the bike around town. Every time I hit a bump my had would move slightly because of the lite throttle and the bike would jump or get into a jerking motion that I couldn't work out. I did tune it, change the throttle tube, changed the exhaust, etc....I even added an extra spring on the throttle bodies to add weight to it. Nothing worked. So I ended up with a GS which has a firm throttle feel so it doesn't move when I hit bumps. But the GS doesn't make me feel good riding it. It's a great bike but just not for me. So does the electronic throttle have some weight to it or is it very lite?