Bultaco is back!

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Motoduc1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Motoduc1

Motoduc1 backtrackvideo.com

Oddometer:
  2. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's not really Bultaco, or rather, they have no plans of doing anything as far as producing another bike etc. It's just a merch site. It's been around for a couple years now.
  3. roadholder

roadholder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't they already come back...and then rename themselves Sherco?
  4. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:

Yep

[​IMG]
  5. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Nope, Sherco bought rights to use the name for some time, got established.then dropped the Bultaco name and went totally Sherco.
  6. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    I think Sherco might be a combination of Sherpa and Bultaco .:freaky

[​IMG]
  7. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    The closest we'll EVER come to Bultaco coming back is Hugh, with Hugh's Bultaco...IE bultaco.com
  8. jcf

jcf Been here awhile

Oddometer:

+1
  9. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Probably so, after all, they did use the Bultaco name to get started. It is possible that Hughes made them stop using the name in the U.S. Hughes owns the trademark on the name Bultaco. Perhaps he filed a claim against them. Within a year or so after coming to the country Sherco dropped the Bultaco name.

Kawasaki got stopped from using the name Zephyr on their U.S. models by Ford Motor Company because they own the trademarked name Zephyr in the U.S. Riders can't buy the Zephyr tank emblem stickers from Kawasaki because of that.
  10. jbcaddy

jbcaddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oroville & Placerville, California U.S.of A.
    Disney Corp. stopped BSA from using the name "Thumper" years ago. I guess some folks couldn't tell the difference between a cartoon rabbit and a motorcycle :D
  11. kellymac530

kellymac530 motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    It would be cool to see a true spanish built taco back on the market again. It would be cool to see any Spanish brand bike back on the market...I know Montesa still makes trials bikes but they are a Honda division and not a true Montesa.

Ossa would be cool too. They are all likely to just have KTM motors like most European bike builders that really are just frame builders I.E. Beta, VOR, Bergs.....
  12. PSchrauber

PSchrauber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Summer: Kemiƶ, Finland; Winter: North Germany
    Wait a moment, Ossa is back and they have their own motor, there is Sherco and Gas-Gas as Spanish brands with own engines too???

For Bultaco there are so many Bultaco's left take one and rebuild it like new and then you have a new Bul:

[​IMG]
  13. FahrtMeister

FahrtMeister Gnarled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stand corrected! VOR made their own engines, pretty cool too, gear driven cams etc.
    I know I have one, the latest model 2004 450ENE. They went belly up in 2005.

Bultacos are cool too. I recall the Prime Minister of Australia had a new one in 1975. He used to it outrun the press when they asked 'interesting' questions.
  14. FahrtMeister

FahrtMeister Gnarled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just like Ford taking on Ferrari about the use of F150. One is a pick up, the other is an F1 car...Bad blood never goes away.
  15. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    Sherco makes their own engine !:deal
  16. mookybird

mookybird Gramps

Oddometer:
    When I was a kid I thought the Bultaco Matador had to be about the most beautiful thing I ever saw and Jim Pomeroy winning the Spanish Gran Prix was another highlight.

I still can't pass one without stopping for a trip down memory lane, I spent many happy hours riding, falling off and pushing Bultaco's. denny
  17. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do love the looks of mine, even with the wrong fenders, bars, no lights etc etc. (It's coming back to stock now, slowly)

[​IMG]
  18. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know its still great to see a bunch of Bultaco heads in this world.I still have a 68 Bul in my garage..Its a old square barrel 250 Sherpa T..Bought my first one in 1973 it was a 1972 175 Sherpa S.Back then the anti- Bultaco lovers had a saying Buljunko Cement mixers,until we kicked there ass on the race track..Old Bultaco fans never die they just get old...Keep it up Guys....:freaky
  19. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    I kind of have 3 Bultacos (the matador and 2 bandidos) and I'm only 25...I keep the spirit alive :)
  20. Rich B

Rich B Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    During my misspent and impressionable youth, I had a Cushman scooter (step dad's scooter actually) that I rode places I wasn't supposed too....the neighbor had a M68 Pursang. When I was 14 or so, he let me ride the Pursang....it about killed me, but I was hooked, had no interest in the Cushman after that....

I have owned at least one Bul ever since I was about 22....have 3 currently, the Astro with the Frankenmotor (Astro bottom end, Pursang MK11 top end) and 2 - M68 Pursangs, including the actual one I rode so long ago.....found it mostly intact about 10 years ago. Got another mostly intact M68 this spring.

Bul built a lot of bikes that just look right. Even today, tough to beat a Pursang or Astro for looks.....