Africa HELP!!! 33 day trip and need contacts/info!

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by SurfnnRide, Oct 2, 2013.

1. SurfnnRide

SurfnnRide Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Morning everyone!

Leaving for a 33 day, 8-10,000 mile journey through Southern Africa in a week. :clap:D

I'm trying to get as many ADV contacts as I can throughout the region as you never know what can happen in Africa.:dllama:flush:pep

I'm going on this ride with fellow ADV'er Mennleo and below I will list the countries we will be going through so if you are in these areas, or know of other cool ADV'ers who are, please let me know. :thumb

We're always down to meet other cool riders to swap stories with :freakyand get advice on where to go. Plus if we get in a major pinch maybe we can have a local person help out to guide us to the right mechanic or what not.

It's just always good to have contacts in the countries you are visiting especially in Africa.

Here is the list of countries we'll be going through:

Uganda
    Rwanda
    Burundi
    Tanzania
    Malawi
    Mozambique
    Swaziland
    Lesotho
    South Africa
    Namibia
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe
    Botswana

If you know of any good mechanics in these countries please let me know too. That would be a huge help!!

We'll also take any advice on camping places, good restaurants, good hotels etc...

Below is the "general" course route were going on. Not set in stone by any means and we're going to "play it by ear" as we go along.

From Uganda to Cape Town:

[​IMG]

From Cape Town to Uganda:

[​IMG]

And here is the two derps doing this adventure:

Mennleo:

[​IMG]

SurfnnRide:

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the contact info and I look forward to meeting a lot of you along the way!!!

SurfnnRide
  2. SurfnnRide

SurfnnRide Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    O.K. Apparently I scared you all with the monkey picture :lol3 so here is a real picture of me.

Out sailing on my rinky dink sailboat.

[​IMG]

Don't be scared! :D
  3. K88

K88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Look forward to following your adventure.
  4. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    I sugest you make contact with the South African Forum "Wilddogs" they are helpful, but they will be more helpful if they know you before you need help:D:1drinkmaybe have a beer in Jo,burg....

A good "halfway" mechanic is Conrad at "Offroadcycles" in Pretoria or Dux in Cape Town