Will a PN-60 Display Multiple Tracks Simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by JMartin, Oct 26, 2012.

1. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    I am seriously thinking about moving from my GPSMap 60CS to a DeLorme Earthmate PN-60 (see here). I have been reading the PN-60 User Manual online and it speaks of being able to open a Saved Track, as in only a single track. Is it possible to display multiple saved tracks simultaneously? Here is how I do things on my Garmin.

I build and manage all my tracks in DeLorme Topo. For Topo users--I manually draw in any sections that are not routeable, make a route for everything worth riding in an area, save it as a GPL Log File, convert it using GPSBabel to a 500 point track, and then load it with Mapsource into my GPS. For a number of reasons, it is not uncommon to for me to build separate, adjacent tracks and then load them all into my Garmin and have them all turned on, i.e. displaying at the same time. Am I going to be able to this a PN-60? Or am I not even thinking about this clearly?

Thanks,

Jay
  2. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    Reading the DeLorme Forum, it looks as if I need to rethink how I do things:

" you can only see one saved track at a time on the GPSr (in addition to the current, active track). Draw lines are not routable. On the other hand, you can see many draw layers simultaneously on the GPSr, or you can combine multiple draw lines in a single draw layer. This allows you to do things like mark multiple trails in different colors and see them all at the same time on the unit."

Jay
  3. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    I think if you make the move to a Delorme, you'll be answering your own questions a lot of the time... Not to say their gps units are not good...
  4. dlh62c

dlh62c Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you plan to use the PN-60 only in North America, (Canada, Mexico & USA)?

If not, do some homework regarding availability of maps.

daryl
  5. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    That is the reason that I moved from a PN-60 to a 60csx. I REALLY liked the Delorme software and unit, and while there aren't nearly as many users of the Delorme, there are some really smart dudes on their forums. Shame that I couldn't get foreign maps for it.
  6. dlh62c

dlh62c Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here, I replaced my PN-40 with a Garmin GPSmap 62s.

daryl