Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. somecallmetim

somecallmetim Surf &/or Die

Oddometer:
    Howdy,
    I've been lurking around here a bit lately, this whole adv. thing looks like a real ball. Any other Ohioans around? Where do you get dirty at? I know you can ride dirt/atv's in Wayne Forest, anywhere else?
    About me... 29, married, 2 kids. I have a Yamaha FZ1 that I ride alot, almost 17k this year. It rocks.
    :drums It also eats tires so I'm kinda looking for a cheap thumper for commuting/adventuer. If you have a pile of xr/klr or similar parts that need removed from your garage let me know... I tend to ride around Coshocton (715, 520, 83, 541) and the like on pointless afternoon rides. I did some STing this summer- BRP, smokeys, dragon ect... Also a couple weekends in WVa. I prefer to camp. I hope ride with some of y'all next summer.

Ride on! Tim
  2. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    Shhhhhh..........Quit talking about all of the good riding in OH. We have most people convinced that it sucks here so they'll stay away.

Welcome Tim!

BTW by the way You know Andy Grassman from Loudenvile?
    TrmphGabe78, DirtRockr and J.T.B. like this.
  3. Augie

Augie The new voice of reason

Oddometer:
    greeting noob
    Another one from Ohio.
    You msut pay hommage to King Dan the IV I hear he is a fan of fine sippin whiskey. or in his case guzzling booze
  4. somecallmetim

Oddometer:
    Your right, Ohio sucks... nobody should try going down 800, to 26, across 676 to 555...
    :evil

I can't say I know Andy, does he ride?
  5. dragoon

Oddometer:
    Yeah your right, those roads are bad. No way should you take 800 to Sistersville and have lunch at the old hotel there and ride the ferry across to Rt 16 in WV, nope shouldn't do it.

I don't know if Andy rides, I went to college with Andy at Mount Union
  6. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Don't forget how bad Wva and Ky suck too. No point of anybody riding in this area at all.

Yes, there's quite a few Ohioans in here, alot seem to be lurkers. But, no. We don't get our bikes dirty, nor do we ride when it's cold or rainy. But we do have a monthly bike washing get together at the Kings palace once a month.:rofl
    CrustedandBusted and DirtRockr like this.
  7. HILDI1685

HILDI1685 None

Oddometer:
    I'm in Marion and you live where I come to ride. It is the nearest place with hills and curves to the Grand Prairie over here. I haven't done much offroading over there though. I agree about OH, KY, W.VA sucking though!
    J.T.B. and Wyocrawler like this.
  8. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    Tim,
    You are now officially one of my many minions here in Riderland.

[​IMG]

Of course, this means you owe total loyalty to me in the form of adult beverages, bribes and other things that please me.
    Glad to have you aboard. :thumb

Signed,
    BMW Rider
    King Dan IV, Unquestioned Monarch and Ruler Of Riderland
  9. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    Your map is outdated :D K12Steve has taken WV and claimed it for it's correct territory. :nod
  10. HILDI1685

HILDI1685 None

Oddometer:
  11. dragoon

Oddometer:
  12. Rider

Oddometer:
  13. HILDI1685

HILDI1685 None

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Man my riding has been near zero this year... I have been riding vicariously through your adventures though. Any trips planned for next year?
  14. dragoon

Oddometer:
    You should consider the BYOBGS II in NC or NY and the Ouray, CO rally.
  15. Rider

Oddometer:
    WolfordGS, we're currently in the planning stages for next year's BMWGSBYOB II Rally.
  16. HILDI1685

HILDI1685 None

Oddometer:
    Imaposer,

I am in the market for an enclosed trailer to bring my bike to the next bike washing....I would hate to get any sunfading or roadspray or dust on my pristine baby... I might even go for climate control to avoid the risk of condensation.

BMW Rider,

I like the new moniker "WolfordGS", I'm too stupid to figure out how to change it on here...

Dragoon,

I like the looks of that Ouray thang. I've got to do something, I might take an early spring trip to Louisiana to eat some mudbugs.

somecallmetim,

I may be in your neck of the woods on Monday...are you afraid to get that FZ1 wet?
  17. somecallmetim

Oddometer:
    Wolffordtiger,

I realize its a bit late being mon. morn. but if you happen to check this before you go give me a call... 419-994-4308 Im only free till about 1:30ish & you gotta call before 10 or I'll probably try to get some sleep. if its busy I'm online.

Tim
  18. somecallmetim

Oddometer:
    BTW. I did a bit of unintended adventure riding sat. morning. I took 60 down to Zville, thought I'd check out one of the locks on the muskingum, #11. I was about 5mi. of dirt/gravel to get there. a touch spooky with the general wetness and a bald tire on the back...
  19. dragoon

Oddometer:
    You are soooo in my neck of the woods. You must have been in the Powelson area sounds like. As a matter of fact I was riding mt. bike in that area around 11:00am Sat.

You know how to operate the PM yet? Send me one next time you're down this way.
  20. tod2

tod2 Appalachian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guys -

The riding is REALLY terrible around Coshocton, so try not to head South or East when you go out for a ride. Most of the good GS stuff in Ohio is in the Northwest corner of the state - you know, near Marion.

:):

Tod.