Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. frazman

frazman Post***ern Redneck.

Oddometer:
    One purdy machine!
  2. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    What components are ya running? I have a stash of somewhat older stuff that I can part with a bit or two for a fellow unemployed SOB

M
  3. CA_Strom

CA_Strom Cunning Linguist Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Temples of Syrinx (Treasure Valley Idaho)
    Very scary.. was a bunch of hipster fixie riders, no lights, no reflectors, no gear, but still scary.....
  4. zippy

zippy Southside of the Sun

Oddometer:
    Got an email response today. SRAM is out of juicy 3's so they will be upgrading me to Elixir 3s . My bicycle was purchased from Competitive Cyclist ( as we have no Santa Cruz dealers anywhere close) and they have been a pleasure to deal with. Customer service has been top notch with quick responses to any question I had. Would purchase from them again .
  5. TheYeti

TheYeti Hard to be Humble

Oddometer:

Way to go Ridge! the Coaching is helping?
  6. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Be much better if it didn't have 5 year old parts on it
  7. Ridge

Ridge Bent but not broken

Oddometer:
    If by helping you mean decimating my physical strength and will to get out of bed the next morning... then yes. :lol3

Seriously, his AT intervals have me working harder and drilling myself into the ground worse than any race day. We need to do some more moto-pacing when I get on a regular schedule with the workouts.
  8. TheYeti

Oddometer:
    We'll do that. I had a freind I used to train with when I raced,His bit of advice among many. Race hard,Train harder. Racing should be easier than your training workouts.

There's nothing like waking up in morning and saying WTF did I do to my self. ( Sore muscles not severe hangover)
  9. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    The more you hurt in training, the less you hurt racing. :nod That little mantra has worked for me for years. Too bad its so damn tough to do on your own.

I've done both. Of the two, I prefer the sore/stiff legs feeling than queasy, gonna puke cause I drank too much feeling. :nod

I let myself have 4 hangovers/year. I'm at 2 right now. As much as I'm riding, I don't want the other two! Interferes too much

M
  10. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Ridge

Ridge Bent but not broken

Oddometer:

That's definitely one of those situations where you take the bad with the good. :lol3 As much as I'd like to conjure up images of a thousand naked swedish women's volleyball babes on bikes, I must face the grim reality that there's a sausage or a hundred mixed in amongst 'em... :eek1 Wonder how many of 'em used chamois butter first? :rofl
  12. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    I've tried riding in boxers. I'll pass on nekkid.

:eek1

M
  13. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is a you tube video of the event, but I refuse to look at it...:huh:lol3 Don't want to kill my images of the women swedish babes also.

14. 2whl-hoop

2whl-hoop Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

If anyone is interested, this is on the Documetary Channel again, tonight. 7pm
  15. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Don't knock till you tried it, especially of your significant other is joining you
  16. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    That 'knocking' part is why I won't do it again

:nono

M
  17. TheYeti

Oddometer:
    Yea, I don't think so. It's like going to strip club with your wife. No thanks.:lol3
  18. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that.

Never been to a strip club before, I have my own personal stripper, biking buddy, has her Moto License and is 100% girl :evil
  19. fwlslyr

fwlslyr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind offer. Everything checks out o.k. The rear hub is fine. It's an old XTR 8 speed with the Ti casette. I expect the bottom bracket will fail but I believe it's a run of the mill un54 which costs next to nothing. I'll stick to my old parts. It's 8 speed xt rapidfires with xt front xtr rear derailluir. It's has the origanol rock shock that I added coil springs to when it was new. It's a Stump Jumper pro in the mountain dew color.
  20. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Got in almost two hours last night. Down past the ball park and back. I made the turn around at just over an hour.
    The headwind I fought for that hour was now a tailwind.:clap

Felt good to be out for a good ride again. If I can keep the 2 hour thing going every other day and on the off days walk for lunch and then sneak in an hour or so after work I'll be back to fit in no time.

These long days are great.