Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update, Greg. I will continue to be in prayer for him and his family.
  2. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    You can change it back. The little drop down menu at the bottom. It was on the right on mine.
  3. rider929

rider929 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought it was just me.:huh
  4. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Flat Rock Sheetz at 08:00 sounds good to me. See you there. I will tell Madstrom.
    chuck
  5. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got one of these little jewels for my KTM 530.....man, its super small, light weight and a bit spendy :lol3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

210 CCA....essentially requires no maintenance but a Battery Tender is ok.....here's to technology :1drink
  6. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can used to it here at home, but it won't load at work; little spinny thing just keeps spining with no other page content loading. Will need to check and see if the old/new is computer dependent.
  7. Greenflyfarmer

Greenflyfarmer I'm better now.

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen,

Just got back into town. Left a Colorado and drove just about 29 straight hours (like a dummy) and got here at noon, boy did I need a nap.

Jimmy had a wreck? God bless him and his family!
  8. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    *Please note that I am not posting any information that Jimmy has not approved of, he asked me to update you and to ask for your prayers.

I went to visit Jimmy after work today. As mentioned eariler by Greg, he is very fortunate, it was not his time. He could have very easily been killed. In addition to many "small" fractures in his left foot and torn ligaments in his right thumb, he has a shattered right tibia, a fractured fibula, two injured shoulders, collapsed lung, torn diaphram which required surgery that night to remove his intestines and stomach from his chest cavity (He now has a line of staples from his sternum down well below his belly button.) Thank God no TBI (traumatic brain injury) It was in fact the dreaded left turning car in front of the motorcyclist that got him. He does not recall the accident or most of his ride that day. He and his family have a long road ahead of them.

According to him, the car driver's insurance company, Progessive Insurance, tried to do something very dirty and pressure his wife less than 24 hours after his crash!
  9. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope he has contacted Tom McGrath and Matt Danielson. I suffered a fractured tibia (14 inch titanium rod in my leg) and a fractured fibula and can tell ya that after 6 years now it still hurts like a mofo.
  10. Greenflyfarmer

Oddometer:
    Gee wiz, get well Jimmy. That sounds really bad. Got you on our prayer list.

Some pics from out west.

[​IMG]

4 mile area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moab Slickrock
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Cycletech

Cycletech Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same thing happened to me after nearly the same accident - car turning left in front of me. Laying in the hospital progressive came into the room and pushed some papers in my face to sign. Seems there was a "problem" because both myself and the cage driver used progressive. Dirty fuckers. Tom McGrath and crew took care of things.

Heal up Jimmy!
  12. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW - Roger Sinclair (IrishSpanner) from Chester came in 4th. in the 2011 Iron Butt Rally. Both MOB and I have worked with Roger over the years, so we were rooting him on and following him on his non-publicized SPOT link. Rich was in constant phone contact with him throughout the event providing moral support.

http://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBR/2011/15.pdf

13. Cycletech

Cycletech Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Roger is a good guy.
  14. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting that up Guy, I slept in late today because I was awaiting his call to tell me exactly how he finished. This rally was spectacular, there was about 1,085 miles and 1,300 points separating the top 6 positions, this was a recordbreking event, as the 3rd place rider actually broke the 14,000 mile barrier....Roger was not far behind, and did break the prior historic milages with his 13k+ ride. Having ridden "longggg" days, I cannot imagine how Roger did this, I spent many nights with him ON HIS CHALLENGE, in the middle of nowhere, listening to him tell me how it felt riding "in a lunar landing zone".....I am vry proud of him knowing any second he could be a part of the barren scenery in a flash, and being one of his sole "spotters" was a heavy thing for me, he didn't allow anyone to see his tracking, and when I watched him make virtually nonstop runs of 1,400 miles...I was in awe. When Ken Meese wrecked coming across Nevada rt 50, destined to be the winner, I was talking Roger thru a "moment" to keep him clear and focused, I feel a lot better now knowing that helped him stay focused, and alert. He never knew Ken crashed about 150 miles south of him. It took many hours to tally the points, and make the announcements, as scoring was so involved.

Roger was a mere 1,000 points out of firstplace, and he was at the checkin a half hour before the window...
    final points and rider legs are here, click on each persons name to see thier prior scores on all legs...this was a close rally...
    http://www.ironbutt.com/IBR/2011/html/3.html

a big "HOOO-RAH" goes out to him from us today.:clap
  15. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    just tossing this out there to the locals, but anyone interested in setting up a little "din din", and b/s session to congratulate our local hero on his IBA placement?
    I think it would be a cool idea, and a nice gesture, seeing as he hasn't had a decent meal and a beer, let alone talked to anyone here but me for the last 2 weeks, I'm sure he would be a fun person to glean his event thoughts from, seeing as he prolly won't be doing this again...or so he says..... maybe we can convince him to try......:clap:clap:clap
  16. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I learned a lot today.

1. Conti trial attacks and mud don't mix.
    2. Don't believe Eddy if he tells you a road isn't that bad. It will probably stop being a road.
    3. Suzuki hand guards for the strom do work.
    4. V-stroms will go anywhere, the only question is will the rider survive.

Everyone else came out OK and I was the only one to have a bike go to sleep. Madstrom does need a new shifter though. A rock broke the end off of his.

PIctures:
    [​IMG]

After I stood it back up and before anyone realized I wasn't at the back of the line. They figured it out when they came back for me and saw all the mud on the side of the bike.
    [​IMG]
    That was pretty much the only spot of mud and my front tire slid out almost as soon as I hit it. Bruised my right hand but otherwise fine. The handguard is bent under the mud.

I'd like to thank, Mickey, Eddy Chris and JDRocks for helping me achieve a completely new appriciation for anything that qualifies as a road, be it dirt, gravel or paved.
  17. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool storm chaser rig....looks like some great scenery....are those ram statues :huh....memories of a lifetime for sure :thumb
  18. Greenflyfarmer

Oddometer:
    No we lucked up on the three Ram. They we close and held still. We saw a moose, deer and a big elk. But the rams were very close and didn't move.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We saw three or four storm chaser cars one morning in Hays Kansas. Which is a good stop going across, it's got lots of stuff there, not like some of the towns out there. This car is the center of a TV series, my son says.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mikey, Skychs and Eddy in front of me on 60 heading west.
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CYnhFwTJGww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The other videos will have to wait for editing.
  20. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    festival folk music show concert from newport 1963-1966....awesome....
    direct tv 274 ovation network......serious good stuff...