Oooops!!

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by nunuk, Mar 5, 2013.

1. nunuk

nunuk in thRuSt we tRuSt

Oddometer:
    He was pretty lucky, some scratches and on the go! He was lucky as well for not being charged for the guardrail... :rofl

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MwExyOKjZ0s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwExyOKjZ0s
  2. It'sNotTheBike

It'sNotTheBike Banned

Oddometer:
    That was a very poor corner entry on the part of the guy who
    crashed.

At least he didn't hurt anyone but himself with his poor judgement
    and lack of skill.

3. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just some scratches? He is lucky if that is all of his injuries after that crash.
  4. fldigger

fldigger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    putting a foot down on the pavement to assist cornering! - is his other bike a BMX?
  5. GSF1200S

GSF1200S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I dont understand all these keyboard commandos who come in here and shit on the guys who make mistakes. Yeah, he fucked up- shit happens.

I started off on a 79 Sportster. It was a huge piece of crap that spent all its time broken down, but whatever. Eventually after I joined the Navy, I decided to rent a bike. Went to the harley dealer and asked about a Sportster- rented out. What do you have? Vrod and Ultra Glide. I took the Vrod, and I hadnt ridden any bike in months, much less that powerful or heavy.

3 hours later im in the twisties up in the SoCal mountains. I came into a turn what I thought was too fast and ended up putting my right foot down in some ridiculous attempt to fix the fact that I was headed for a bunch of trees. I target fixated on them and was headed for them and my death. At the last second I snapped into the right mindset, looked waaaay left into the turn and drug that Vrods pegs all the way through the turn.

The point? I fucked up just like this guy. I learned something from it, and hopefully so did he. Give the guy a break
  6. nunuk

nunuk in thRuSt we tRuSt

Oddometer:
    In this particular case I know cuz I was there, it all was a matter of being very very tired after a loooooong route in a very very hot day, plus he obviously is not a Rossi riding... (and some more considerandos, like he choose leathers that day, instead of a more fresh cordura suit, that he choose to be in the middle of the group instead at the rear, etc, etc.)

And it may look a BMX... cuz the guy is about 2m tall and he weights more than 120kg!! But the bike it's a SM950.

:thumb
  7. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    I'll take the engine! :D
  8. troidus

troidus Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the near end of that guardrail had been solidly anchored, he would have broken both legs. Lucky.
  9. knobbyjoe

knobbyjoe Adventure and dirt rider

Oddometer:
    I think the white line got him.
  10. InlineSkate

InlineSkate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may be an asshole, but I laughed when he flew over the guard rail. Glad he's okay, but that was just humorous to me.
  11. bumbeen

bumbeen Banned

Oddometer:
    I don't understand what happened?
  12. shrek2

shrek2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    He crashed:eek1
  13. Offcenter

Offcenter On The Road Again!

Oddometer:
    He hit hard enough that he bent that guardrail with his body!:eek1
    Guardrail anchored or not, that was one hell of a hit!
    He's lucky he's still with us.
  14. bumbeen

bumbeen Banned

Oddometer:
    Yeah but why Haha he wasn't leaned over at all really just rode straight off the pavement
  15. ThorH

ThorH AdvThor.com

Oddometer:
    He got scared, and put his left foot down. Not sure what good he thought that would do. Then he slammed his rear brake on, locking the wheel. (Pause the clip at 4 seconds, and see the long skidmark trailing from his rear wheel.)

The guy was obviously clieless. Maybe some mandatory training isn't such a bad idea after all?
  16. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    I don't know what your all talking about...putting your foot down and backing it into a corner is classic flat tracking :evil
  17. RedReplicant

RedReplicant whynot

Oddometer:
    He could have been fucking around partially and was trying to put a foot down supermoto style and back the thing in to the corner a bit. Lot'o shit talkin in this thread.
  18. ThorH

ThorH AdvThor.com

Oddometer:
    Ah, so he is really an expert rider? And at a relatively slow speed, in an open bend, on dry pavement, he decided to push his inner foot forward to get more grip at the front, while locking his rear to slide his ass around, like a rallye car? Wow, didn't see that at first. That is some advanced riding techniques!:clap
  19. 27Firehouse

27Firehouse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Excuse me, but do we post here to get razed for our wrecks to be made fun of?! Not to break up your fun, but until you clean up the parts of a fellow bike rider off the road, think about your reply. Not trying to be a jerk, but, until you pick up parts of a riders body after a wreck does it hit you. We at some point have done something stupid or charged a corner to hard weather we made it thru or not. Think about it before you post your opinoins. Look at it as a learning item and wish the rider well. sorry if you take offense, just feel strongly about seeing a rider take a serious hit like that.:deal
  20. ThorH

ThorH AdvThor.com

Oddometer:
    Sorry, you are right. My first response was to the "what really happened" question, where I tried to make sense of what I saw on the video. The second was rather to mock the later suggestions than the unfortunate rider.