Koncha's Official NFL Playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Jurgen, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    Since he does it better than ESPN. :deal

Even if he is a Farcking Raider Fan. :norton

:ear :ear :ear :ear :ear :ear

Jurgen
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Jamarcus Russell will not sign this season. CHOKE ON THAT RAIDER NATION!

:lol3
  3. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    The Raiders will suck until they trade the owner.

Jurgen
    PS -As he's found the sekrit to eternal life, sucking the blood out of babies, I think we're guaranteed to have the Raiders suck forever. :eek1
  4. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Screw you. We still have Josh McCown. Just a sec. JOSH MCCOWN?!?!

We're hosed. :cry

:lol3
  5. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Let's start with some lists.

Top 3 teams most likely to disappoint
    1. Indianapolis - As a somewhat Colts fan, I see this one shaping up. Injuries are already starting to get to the good players. Their key guy on defense, Freeney, just got a mondo contract. That never bodes well. The offense will be ok, as long as there aren't any key injuries. Indianapolis is built to go 1 deep on the depth chart. How many years can Indy keep going without offensive injuries. :ear
    2. New York Giants - I still can't believe they kept Coughlin. :eek1 The fans hate him. The players despise him. AND he doesn't win. I don't see the players going balls to the wall for this guy. They want him GONE. Tiki is gone and they are going to replace him with a guy that is three times his size? Don't think so. Their offense is designed for a quick, slashing runner. Brandon Jacobs is a good runner but 10 years ago, he would have been a fullback. When defenses can key on him, it won't go well.
    3. San Diego - Sorry LT. Shit coach. What more can I say? Norv Turner? What? Was Ike Turner busy? Norv is born to be a coordinator, not a head coach. The rest of the staff are Norm's good friends. Ever been a boss to a friend? 'Nuff said.
    The only reason I don't have Chicago on there is that they play in the absolutely weakest division in football. The NFC north isn't even good enough to be considered Junior Varsity. Sorry Hodag.
  6. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Broncos?

Cowpokes?

Jurgen
  7. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    So every year Jurgen goes up to at least one Bronco game...

[​IMG]

We sit second level pretty high up. For the first time in five years a T-shirt makes it to our section from the pneumatic T-shirt Cannon.

And who catches it?

[​IMG]

:bluduh

Jurgen
  8. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and there was a game too.

[​IMG]
  9. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Patience. I'll get to everyone.

I don't have the Cowboys in my Most Disappointing list because I am not sure anyone has any expectations for the Cowboys. They are a borderline playoffs team. I still can't believe they... Nevermind. Wait for it.

I think the Broncos will be pretty good this year.
  10. Komet

Komet The Voice of Reason

Oddometer:
    If the Giants wear there home red jerseys two or more games, they will go to the playoffs.
  11. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    thoughts on da pack...
    trade Favre for a running back and a draft pick (or 2), rogers looks good enough to be a starter

I see a top 5 defense this year
    defense wins championships....
    playoffs this year, with an early bow out
    next year we run the table

AFC?
    Alternative to Football in College
  12. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Vikings will finish below .500, Childress will be fired, and I will continue cheering for them anyway. :bluduh
  13. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    anyone watch the HBO doc Hard Knocks?

i saw it last night, pretty good. i especially like that it's about the chiefs.
  14. eric2

eric2 ®egister this:

Oddometer:
    Is this the game where they try to catch the ball with the pointy ends? They need to redesign it like the one with all the stitches on it so it doesn't take such weird bounces :deal

Or is this the game where they have to jump and put it through a round hoop because its so high? Seems like it would be easier if they made that thing a little closer to the floor
  15. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    were you in band or debate?
  16. RocketJohn

RocketJohn Hook 'em Horns! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I expect the Broncos to play very well this year!

:clap

[​IMG]
  17. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Maybe I should do this by divisions?

Yeah, lets do it that way. I'll start with the AFC West since that is where my beloved Raiders reside.

My estimated order of finish for the season:
    1. Denver - It pains me to say this but I think Denver is going to be VERY good this year. They appear to be healthy at the key positions. At positions that are currently held by injury-prone players, they have done a good job of signing some decent backups. Its a good thing Al Davis took Shanahan under his wing and taught him everything he knows about football. I think Jay Cutler is the real deal. He's like Plummer but without the mind-numbing idiotic plays.
    2. San Diego - Wildcard team. I am not a fan of the coach. Sorry. Norv just isn't a good head coach. He is probably one of the best coordinators in the business but he isn't anything for a head coach. The Chargers haven't done much in the offseason to shore up the positions that currently have injury issues like center. I am also not sold on Philip Rivers. I think he makes some bad decisions. Last year, he didn't get burned by those bad decisions like he will this year. I also worry about their WR corps.
    3. Kansas City - The singular worst coach in the NFL today. There is no lower than Herm Edwards. When a coach is a quitter, what inspiration is there for the players? I think the way they handled the Trent Green episode has caused a lot of bad karma to build up for them. I really wanted to put the Chiefs at #4 but I couldn't do that when the Raiders were just so horrible last year.
    4. Raiders - Honestly, I have no idea. The coach is so new and young, I think he has to fly on an 'Unaccompanied minor' ticket. I have no fear for the defense. If anything, I think the defense will be even better this year. But the offense? I don't believe they have shored up that offensive line like they needed to do. Say what you want about the Oakland QBs last year but they RARELY got more than a 2 count to get rid of the ball before they were sacked. You can't win games when your O-line is a sieve. The QB situation is still too fluid for the WRs and RBs to build up that ability to communicate silently. They are still carrying 6 QBs.
    I really wanted to put the Raiders at #3 but they were just too bad last year. I think Herm Edwards is a team killer. If you are a Chiefs fan, you have dark days ahead of you. Just ask any J-E-T-S fan. If it comes down to it and the Chiefs are 6-6, he will call out his players publicly and that will be the end.

Major prediction: Low point of the Kansas City season is the away loss to Detroit on the second to the last game of the season. That game will kill off the KC playoff hopes and about 10,000 season ticket holders.
  18. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    I think Oakland's going to surprise you this year.

The whole team has a completely different attitude than last year. They're not having to buy into a coach who has all the answers because he played the game. Kiffin's letting his players define their own jobs. As long as he doesn't accept too many blowjobs from Walters I think they're good for at least 9-7.
  19. MojaveGS

MojaveGS Loving it!

Oddometer:
    Digging in with McClaw's Div waiting for Jackson
    He is a freaking punk, I say don't sign him! Drag it out so no one else can!!!
  20. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    I'll be surprised at 7-9.

They play a tough schedule this year. If they played in the NFC North, they could win 10 games. They do play the NFC North this year but they end up with AT Green Bay in December. If that game is at Oakland or even earlier in the year, its a win.

They also get the AFC South. I think that is going to be the second toughest division this year, after the AFC West.