Show Us Your Varadero Pictures

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BIKE-R, Oct 1, 2010.

1. peter650

peter650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gday Howie i am abit embarrassed about the front fender. The back story is, the Varadero handles better on the dirt, without the fork brace. I took the fork brace, & fender off, & rode it around like that. The other week i was going out for a ride, but it had been raining alot. At about 10pm the night before the ride, i thought to myself i need some sort of fender to keep the mud off me. I went out the shed got out the angle grinder, & cut the stock fender in half { i had just drunk a bottle of port}. Then that skirt that goes under the head light, that is held on with 3 clips at the front, and 2 plastic screws at the back. I pulled that off the bike, put it on the fender, & drilled 3 hole in it, bolted it together then replaced the 2 plastic screws with metal ones, & stuck it back on the bike . It looks like shit but it was free, and it worked. What i am going to do is buy a Super Moto fender, & put it on when i have not been drinking {should look better couldn't look any worse}. I will post some more pics soon. Cheers Peter
  2. holmesie

holmesie I like stuff...

Oddometer:
    Hey Peter, not sure if you realise, but someone has pinched your mufflers :rofl
  3. peter650

peter650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you speak up Holmesie i can't hear you :lol3. If you look very close, you can just see the lollipop baffles i made.
  4. xx851z

xx851z Varaderoist

Oddometer:
    My Vara, 2006 model, 40k miles and still counting.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  5. BIKE-R

BIKE-R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. Two Plugs

Two Plugs Born to be blunt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bike-R...: Again, very, VERY impressive pics from you! Hopefully we will meet in person this year at the Varadero International Meeting near Barcelona?

www.vim14.com
  7. BIKE-R

BIKE-R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bernard,

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I won't be able to participate on this event.

That time i will prepare to my 50-day DREAM RIDE to Mongolia :D
  8. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    Wow, keep us posted! That's something to look forward too!
    Please feel free to share your Mongolia report at www.varadero-international.com as well! :wink:
  9. dutchie

dutchie Lower than most

Oddometer:
    Up there in Norway
    [​IMG][/URL]

Very comfy bike, sold it after two years and 45K, couldn't get to terms with the vague feeling of the bike, even after upgrading to Ohlins. Went back to the 1150 GS.
  10. BIKE-R

BIKE-R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid it will be OFFTOPIC there because i'm going to ride on a DRZ400S ADV :D
  11. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    It's not about the bike. It's about ADVENTURE riding and that makes your report very valid! :evil
  12. Pitzihg

Pitzihg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    This plexi shield is MRA?
    When it is, you are satisfied with it?
    I now, my English is horribly :(
  13. Pitzihg

Pitzihg n00b

Oddometer:
    P8280133.jpg

Mangart, Slovenia
  14. Pitzihg

Pitzihg n00b

Oddometer:
    P8280141.jpg

Mangart, Slovenia
  15. davidgibson999

davidgibson999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Yago

Yago Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My baby, last weekend showed 170.000 kms on the odometer. And looks very good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. BIKE-R

BIKE-R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    170 000 kms?? :clap:clap:clap Not bad :D

In my Dero has "only" 110 000 kms.
  18. varaman

varaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I was looking for another bike in Canada, a European friend that knew my riding style consisted of highway travel combined with rough road exploring recommended the Varadero. He told me that many European Varaderos had very high mileage on them and not only continued to run fine but continued to be in demand as well. I didn't believe the mileage claims at first, but found many that were over the 200 000 km mark with nothing more than oil changes.
  19. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    Check.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    My Mrs owns & rides a 2000 model MK1 - currently <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="160.000 km">160.000 km</st1:metricconverter> (<st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="100.000 miles">100.000 miles</st1:metricconverter>) done with no substantial overhauling. Only the cam chain tensioners are replaced (prevention)<o:p></o:p>
    My 2004 model MK2 (ABS) has done <st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="90.000 km">90.000 km</st1:metricconverter> (<st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="56.250 miles">56.250 miles</st1:metricconverter>). Both bikes are bought new - with zero mileage. <o:p></o:p>
    My very first 1998 model MK1 still runs within the Dutch Transalp & Varadero club, the owner who bought the bike from me, is a close friend. The bike has done <st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="280.000 km">280.000 km</st1:metricconverter> - at that mileage the engine needed replacement. The bike (Frame, electrics, etc) has now an total mileage of <st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="320.000 km">320.000 km</st1:metricconverter> (<st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="200.000 miles">200.000 miles</st1:metricconverter>) since the engine was replaced... Amazing!<o:p></o:p>
  20. ebel

ebel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gonna cheat here. :) Here's my Varadero.... 125! :p Twas my first bike, and got me into biking. Twas a great little bike. Everyone thought it was bigger than a 125, shame it went slow :p Here's a photo of it (& another bike) before my very first bike tour, when we just went around for a few days. Now I have a Honda Transalp 650. Either a 'big' Varadero or new Transalp will be my next bike in a year or two, shame there isn't a 700cc ish Varadero...

Eventually traded it in for 2 panniers for 2 bikes. :)

[​IMG]