Northern New England chatter...

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by baiku, Feb 12, 2010.

1. baiku

baiku Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer:
    "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

:lol3
  2. PWRCRZR

PWRCRZR Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    I haven't ridden a honda in years :D
  3. NHADV

NHADV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    Pretty much right there with you. I tend to be a bit of a workaholic, but riding is important enough that I break away for it. Then I suddenly discover there are people in the world, other than the people I work with. I have been to a few ADV events now, and I have to agree that I have really enjoyed the people, and the experience. Oh, and the entertainment. There is always entertainment.
  5. NHADV

Oddometer:
    The perfect cabin fever relief today. A ride across the Kanc to Cafe Noche for fish taco's and a beer. Then took Rt.153 home. I probably passed some of you out there. Keep these days coming!
  6. NHADV

Oddometer:
    The perfect cabin fever relief today. A ride across the Kanc to Cafe Noche for fish taco's and a beer. Then took Rt.153 home. I probably passed some of you out there. Keep these days coming!
  7. dmottv

dmottv Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer:
    Yup, a nice day for a ride indeed. I only had a few hours this afternoon. My road is still muddy, and it looks best on the KLR, so a back road ride it was. A nice loop thru Northwood, Nottingham, Deerfield, Epsom, Allenstown, Chichester, Loudon, Pittsfield, Barnstead, Strafford and back home. Lot's of bikes out there today.
  8. 2twisted

2twisted NRTHJSTNRTH

Oddometer:
    Swap Meet

I am going to host a swap meet at my house, kind of a big thanks for 10 years of riding with some great folks. :clap

April 14th, buy- sell -trade, Motorcycle/camping gear. Bring your own table or just show up to browse or chat. :freaky

I have picked up a couple of door prizes to give out (must be present) :deal

Anytime After 12:00 Sat.

Cole Hill Rd Standish Me. 04084 Dead end rd. I will park a bike at end of driveway or PM me for house #

Tim
  9. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Cool, I alway seem to have a lot of stuff that is too good to toss but i don't need Would be good to have a chance to find a new home for it.

10. 2twisted

2twisted NRTHJSTNRTH

Oddometer:
    I think there is a bit of gear whore in all of us. :lol3

A few of the Maine boys are gonna camp out for the night and exchange lies around caveman TV, plenty of lawn space. :deal
  11. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast no road left untaken Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is a very good idea, indeed. :thumb I have put it on my calendar and will try to make it.

A swap-meet/jumble/boot-sale is very British! :~) My grandfather would have loved it. I miss that guy, so I will carry on his tradition.

Here he was working on my mother's '37 Austin 7

[​IMG]

12. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast no road left untaken Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a glance around while I was in the garage this morning. I could potentially have enough crap that I could bring to the swap that I'll need to take the pickup truck. Tires, windscreens, springs, bash plates, etc. Hmmmm....
  13. Two VT Riders

Two VT Riders likely lurking

Oddometer:
    Hey Folks!
    Lots of Bikes out there this week in VT. Glad I got the DR all buttoned back up (FCR carb swap primarily) for riding this week! Especially since my cage has been dead waiting on an ECU.

Picked the wife up an xt225 last week too. More toys!:lol3 Wow, that xt feels so small and easy to ride compared to my DR. I might have to get me one too! We hope to do the route up through New Brunswick this summer, but I need to break the wife in to the off road world first (no more ninja 250 for her!)

Anyone else having a major mud season on the local roads? It's been like trail ridding right on my own road. Real bad mud season!

BTW, anyone here find an easy way to get those NH off road registration stickers off plastic?

Here's too a great season of riding!:1drink
  14. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    FCR upgrade is high on my list for my DRZ400S. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on performance improvement. I have heard it is very worthwhile.

I have used a heat gun to loosen the adhesive. Doesn't make it easy but does help.
  15. Two VT Riders

Two VT Riders likely lurking

Oddometer:
    Heat gun -I'll try it. Thanks

FCR - BIG change in the bikes running. Throttle response is 2-stroke-ish. Smoothness is fantastic. Even from a too high gear, and too low RPM, it gives smooth acceleration. My DR used to really lug/chug - not anymore. It's much harder to not blip it like a 2 stroke, just to see what it will do - generally results in surprising acceleration!
    That and a few other mods (intake/exhaust) turned the DR into a proper thumper beast!:evil

Very worthwhile modification, IMO.
    I'll probably end up putting a pumper carb into the XT too.
  16. Pilothouse51

Pilothouse51 Lurker Skill Level 10

Oddometer:

What about one of those citrus type adhesive removers? I've used it to help remove old snowmobile stickers.
  17. epicxcrider

epicxcrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    X2 Goo-Gone or I've used WD-40 a rag, and elbow grease to great success
  18. dmottv

dmottv Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer:
    Goo-B-Gone worked well at removing a bunch of stickers for me.
  19. 2twisted

2twisted NRTHJSTNRTH

Oddometer:
    Load it up Andrew, I found some old parts from my GSPD (exh. wrench,drive-shaft) and a couple of manuals, KLR, BMW...... :deal
  20. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    2twisted, you should start a thread on the swap meet. People who know what they will be bringing can post saying what they have so others can say "oohh!! I need one of those!!!".