Wilbers Shocks 10% off

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BeemerShop, Mar 2, 2010.

1. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    First let me say thanks to all the ADV riders who have become customers and have recommended our shop. I appreciate your support! :clap
    During the month of March I'll be offering 10% off Wilbers shocks and fork springs to ADV riders.

For those of you not familiar with the product, all Wilbers shocks are hand built in Germany to your weight and riding style. Not just the damping shim stack and springs, even the rebound and compression needle valves are selected for your weight (there are five needle profiles available).

Wilbers won a shock test in the German motorcycle magazine known as PS when compared to WP, Ohlins and Hyperpro on an R1200GS.

Our weekly shock orders go to Germany at the close of business every Saturday. We receive the order in about 1.5 to 2 weeks, then ship to you.

Wilbers are fully rebuildable and have a five year warranty.

We just returned from another visit to the Wilbers factory in Nordhorn Germany for the most recent technical training. We have a full service shop and I've been a motorcycle technician, dealership service manager or shop owner for 30 years. We install, rebuild and setup motorcycle suspension. We are knowledgeable and experienced. We can answer your suspension questions and offer exceptional after-sale support.

Since Wilbers are custom built, you select the features. They can be built taller or shorter at no additional charge. Depending on the application they can be built as a basic shock with rebound damping adjust and manual spring preload adjust, or as a more advanced shock with three way damping adjustability, hydraulic spring preload adjust and adjustable length.

Here are some points often overlooked when rider's are shopping for an aftermarket shock:

Since no Wilbers shocks are built ahead of time, there is no obsolescence. Only shock data is in stock. Once Wilbers prototypes a shock, they keep the data forever. Therefore unlike other manufacturers, Wilbers does not discontinue a shock due to low sales volumes. Furthermore there is no problem getting parts. We recently rebuilt an old set of Wilbers shocks with over 100k miles on them.

Wilbers have a recommended rebuild interval of 30,000 miles which is significantly longer than most other manufacturers resulting in a lower cost of ownership.

Wilbers does not have the "metal slurry in the oil" problem of its closest competitor. Fewer parts need to be replaced at rebuild time resulting in lower rebuild costs.

Wilbers have a 10.5mm throw hydraulic preloader for more load capacity which is significantly longer than most of their competition (this varies a little shock to shock).

We also sell other brands and can tell you the differences among them.

There is much to know about suspension. Therefore I prefer a phone conversation so I can learn about your riding style and help you choose the best shock for your needs and budget. You can also email me.

A phone call is required when you are ready to order. I will ask you the following questions:

1. Year and model?
    2. What is your riding weight in your gear ( riding gear is typically 20-25 pounds depending on what you wear)?
    3. Which color spring black or blue (custom colors are available)? Which color knobs red or gray?
    4. Do you have luggage on the bike 100% of the time?
    5. What is the weight of the luggage?
    6. If you ride a passenger more than 50% of the time, what is the passenger's weight.
    7. How and where do you ride this bike?
    8. If you want the bike lowered, what is your current dynamic sag? I can tell you how to measure this if you don't know.

Here's some basic pricing to ponder:

Good: Model 530 Ecoline entry level shock with manual preload adjuster only: $415.00 sale price $373.50.

Better: Model 630/640 Standard shock with manual preload adjuster and rebound damping adjuster: $569.00, sale price $512.10.

Best: Model 631/641 Rear three way damping model with remote reservoir: $849.00, sale price $764.10.

Best: Model 642 Rear piggyback model with three way damping adjust: $999.00, sale price 899.10.

Add hydraulic remote spring preload adjuster $249.00, sale price $224.10. Note: if you do not have access to the top of your rear shock for manual adjustment and your loads change, you will want to add the hydraulic spring preloader.

Typical build for BMW R1200GS as an example. Wilbers has over 850 listings and we sell shocks for all brands:

Front: model 630 manual preload, rebound damping adjust.
    Rear model 640 with hydraulic preload adjust and rebound damping adjust.
    Retail: $1387.00/pair
    10% off $1248.30/pair
    Savings of $138.70

For more aggressive off road riding:
    Front same as above.
    Rear model 642 with hydraulic spring preload adjust, rebound damping adjust, high and low speed compression damping adjust, piggyback reservoir.
    Retail: $1817.00
    10% off $1635.30
    Savings of $181.70

Shipping is $20.00 for one shock, $30.00 per pair to the continental USA. We ship worldwide, prevailing shipping rates apply outside the continental USA.

All sound too complicated? It's not really. Call me, I'm happy to spend some time with you.

Ted Porter
    BeemerShop
    Wilbers America
    Scotts Valley, CA.
    www.BeemerShop.com
    www.Wilbersamerica.com
    email: wilbers@beemershop.com
    831-438-1100
    831-420-7776 Ted's direct business cell
    JWalker_ank likes this.
  2. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    I love my Wilbers. It's just sad what's happened to the US distribution, though. Not that it's your fault- again, I love my Wilbers shock.

And.. great first name :-)
  3. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    Hey there Tedder.

Not sure I know what you mean. Wilbers has always been very committed to the US market and has expanded its US distribution. There are more service centers, and they are offering more training classes than ever before. Sad???
  4. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    They had a falling-out with the distributor who was handling things before you.
  5. NakedRider

NakedRider NakedRider

Oddometer:
    I'm saving up my allowance to get a set of these for my R1200R. I ran Wilbers on an R1200ST and a K1200R. I was REAL impressed. Due to the sale I may find a way to get these this month. They're great.
  6. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you were happy with your shocks there nakedrider. However I must inform you that we do not have a clothing optional shop should you decide to ride in for a shock installation. :rofl
  7. NakedRider

NakedRider NakedRider

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a set.

I'll let everyone know what I think when they get here.

Thanks Ted!
  8. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    Someone suggested I announce that we just recently returned from a visit to the Wilbers factory in Germany for training that included Wilbers ESA shock conversions.

The WESA shocks cost $1259.00 per pair. We perform the conversions in our shop in California. Call or email with questions.

Ted Porter
    BeemerShop
    34 Janis Way Unit E
    Scotts Valley, CA. 95066
    831-438-1100
    831-420-7776 Direct Cell
  9. Happycamper

Happycamper Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer:
    Can I get a quote on front fork springs for an Xchallenge? Are they progressive springs?

Thanks!

Happycamper
  10. mpolter

mpolter Farkle Addict

Oddometer:
    I have to say I love my Wilbers shocks! I put a pair on 14 months ago and the ride has been fantastic. I am not a petite rider 6'3" and 330 lbs and they sure make my R1200GS Adv handle better. I very rarely bottom out in the rough stuff with all my luggage on now.

I had one warranty issue where the seal in the rear shock failed but Ted took care of me. The Beemershop is definitely Class A service. Big thanks to Adam for staying after close to finish my shock so I could ride home.

--MikeP
  11. Motorrader

Motorrader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn! I just bought some from you 3 weeks ago!
  12. Mike.C

Mike.C Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer:
    Can you offer a solution to give a bit more travel and better performance off road for the BMW F650 Twin? I am looking for a solution for both front and rear
  13. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    I think you would be a happier camper if you bought some Wilbers fork springs. Sorry couldn't resist.

Yes, Wilbers makes progressive fork springs for your bike, they sell for $119.00/set. Unlike some other fork spring manufacturers, Wilbers does prototype the spring on the bike, recommend air chamber volume and so on. We usually keep the springs in stock. I can offer 10% off on the fork springs as well.

Ted Porter
    BeemerShop
    831-438-1100
  14. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    I knew that was coming. Sorry about that. Maybe I can offer you a discount on something else you need for the bike?

Ted Porter
    BeemerShop
    831-438-1100
  15. BeemerShop

BeemerShop Ted Porter

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike,

Although the rear shock from Wilbers can be built longer or shorter, and it will certainly offer more performance, I can only offer improved fork springs in standard height or lowered height for the front end, Wilbers does not have a product that will give you more fork travel.

Ted Porter
    BeemerShop
    831-438-1100
  16. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    Hey Ted,

Thanks for the ADV discount :thumb

What are my options for a 95 R100GSPD I see that the Economy isn't an option but didn't have time to check the rest of the site. I'll check back, no hurry.

Tim
  17. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    Buy a KTM?
  18. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Dirt road touring

Oddometer:
    Hello Ted,

What is your preferred method of contact for shock enquires ?
    Email, phone etc.

Can you give an approx. cost to ship a shock to Australia.

John.
  19. slashfive

slashfive moto celeritas

Oddometer:
    Interested in the options for the r100gs as well!
  20. levity

levity nano-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As a less expensive option than tedder's suggestion to "Buy a KTM" you can order a longer travel Wilbers shock and use Intiminators in the forks.
    Below is what I posted (Post #3) the other day in a thread in the Beasts forum.

I ordered the Wilbers shock from Ted Porter's BeemerShop -- great customer service. :thumb :thumb
    Just learned that the shock is on the UPS truck for delivery, so I should know more soon... :clap