SIDI boot wearing people, check in!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Bbasso, May 29, 2009.

1. Bbasso

Bbasso my name is Rob

Oddometer:
    Since there seems to be a lot of people wearing SIDI boots...

Can you post which model of SIDI you wear.
    Where you bought them from?
    Price paid?
    What type of use?
    Pros?
    Cons?

What you would change about them?
    And if possible a picture of your SIDI?

What size sneaker do you usually wear and what size boot did you get?

Reason why I'm asking, I'm about a week from buying a boot and leaning towards the SIDI Charger Boots.
    They will be for DP use...

Thanks!
  2. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Sidi Vertigos
    Paid $180 for them, barely used.
    Used on track and on street.
    I love the feel of these boots. They're like vaginas for your feet.

I so want a set of Crossfires for my off-road boots.
  3. onaXR

onaXR Druid

Oddometer:
    SIDI Discovery
    dont recall were but it was a online store.
    220.00ish
    DP use
    left boot has small leak at seam to sole area, emailed sidi and have no reply after 2 weeks.
    But I love the boots.
  4. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    Sidi Canyon.
    $300.00
    The main reason I got them was because I wanted a good DP boot for easy riding like fire and service roads and was waterproof. I rarely encounter water while riding, but I like them because I often get off the bike and hike around and wanted somethin I could walk through streams and stuff with.

They are very comfortable but they feel a little spacious for me, but I guess thats a plus for when I need to wear thicker socks as I havnt used them in the cold yet.
  5. NJ-GS

NJ-GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Vertebra ll Tepor. Good boots and are waterproof.

$250 ? 10.5-47. I've had them 7-8 years

I wear a shorter boot most of the time now on trips but like them for local riding :1drink
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sidi Onroad, new enough, $225, 43/9.5, wear 9.5 sneaker. Great boots, seriously waterproof!

Sidi Raptor $35:D ADVfleamarket, 43/9.5, Awesome boot with great protection and comfortable enough to walk in.
    iceblade88 likes this.
  8. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Discovery's
    Online Store
    $225.00
    Dual Sporting
    Pros: They fit like an old pair of shoes.
    Cons: I have big calves. They need a little more material so the boot closes up all the way.

See "Cons".
    Size 13 normal. Size 13 US or 48 EU boots.
  9. Norhasken

Norhasken Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer:
    +2 Canyon

All day comfort
  10. Jedediah

Jedediah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +3 Sidi Canyons. My first boots. Just plain comfortable to wear and walk in. Easy fit under jeans. 3 years now. My favorites. Not as much protection as I would like.

Sidi Crossfires. Total protection. Moto cross boot. these are dirt boots. But I did take them to Patagonia and felt protected sloping thru mud and the long dirt sections. All day long riding is not an issue. With effort I can get them under the R2P pant leg. Most comfortable boot in its class (for me). Breaking in takes time. I work in a scrap metal yard and wore them for a week. Not a dent. I will probably have these for a long time. You can walk in these monsters but the squeeking is a pain in the ass. If anyone has a trick please share.

And if I may:

Bought a pair of BMW Santiagos. Wanted something in the middle. More protection than the Canyon but not that short of the Crossfire. Discos did not do it for me.

Sizing:

Sidi seems pretty true. I have to purchase an 11 to fit my 10 1/2. Just a tad loose. A simple Dr.Schools in each Sidi does the trick. BMW was way to big. Had to go down two sizes?

You can't go wrong with Sidi boots. I highly recommend them for comfort and long wear.

Jed.
  11. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:
    $140, Extreme Supply, just purchased and very stiff, glad someone else mentioned they were "awesome" so I have something to look forward to. Wear size 44 with Oxtar Matrix and these are 44 and fit just as well. Normally 44 in sneakers.
  12. MTNView

MTNView Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Discoverys. Paid about $230 online. Size 48 is plenty big for my US 13's. A little wide for my foot so I use a pair of Superfeet insoles to improve the fit. They are also tight around my big calves but OK. Would be nice to have more adjustment here. They seem HD enough for DS off-road use, and my feet feel well protected. I added pivot-pegz so shifting would be a little easier.
  13. PSUcanary

PSUcanary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where at that $$ ? Thanks:D
  14. PSUcanary

PSUcanary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same Question..

Where at that $$ ? Thanks:D
  15. Littlepeter

Littlepeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sidi Discovery, purchaced last year from ****star. I think I paid $269.00.
    I wear a size 11 shoe but went with the size 46 boot and memory foam insoles. Very comfortable but a little warm in the summer (to be expected I guess).I use them for DS riding. I am content with them as is.
    P.S. Don't wear them on your hardwood floors when you are breaking them in. The screws in the toe caps leave little divots all over the place!
  16. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    rockymoto.com

Edit: Looks like they went out of business last year. I bought mine in April '08.
  17. IKIGAI

IKIGAI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sidi Escapes $ (don't remember). Had em for 3 years now. Nice warm weather shoe (Note, not really a boot) easy to walk in and absolutely not water proof, unless you put put a Glad Kitchen catcher bag over each foot. Don't ask.

Sidi On Roads $ (shit, can't remember either). Had these about 4 years now. Nice cool, cold, weather boot. Not as easy to walk in and take a tad wearing to break in perfectly. Absolutely 100% stand-in-a-glacier-fed-stream-up-to-your-calfs waterproof.

Sidi Crossfires $250 (used, bought em off another ADV inmate) Everything everyone else says -- armor for your feet. Don't go out to the woods without them. Not a hope in hell of ever being waterproof but drain nicely when stuck onto the stump end of a tree branch.

All of them in size 45 -- shoe size is typically 10 - 10.5 -- and everything in the Sidi lineup is reliably consistant with sizeing and fit D width feet perfectly. Not really suitable for EEE or wide-ish feet.
  18. Oldrice

Oldrice oldrice.com

Oddometer:
    Sidi On-Roads - $225 from NewEnough.com and have FINALLY broken in enough to be more comfy than my Alpinstars race boots. Mine are the older ones with Sympatex - I believe they make these with gortex now instead. I think (personally) the Sympatex is the better boot. My brother-in-law had the On-Roads with Sympatex until they were stolen (!) and now wears the new ones with Gortex. Misses the older ones too.

I like to hop off the bike, grab a pole and walk out into a stream and fish in em. Seriously waterproof and comfy. Really good boots. Worth the money for sure.

Oldrice-
  19. ultrabaka

ultrabaka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Sidi Strada Rains from New enough for around $240. They are a great all around street boot that's comfortable on and off the bike. They offer medium protection, are waterproof, and take 10 seconds to get into. I haven't tested them in anything more than the 80s but they seem comfortable, but leave your socks sweaty after you take them off since there's no ventilation.
  20. R-A-M-O-N

R-A-M-O-N Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of sidi canyon gore tex, paid $260 on ebay for them. I really like these boots a lot, they deliver what they promise and are coumfortable enough.
    What i dont like about them is that in my opinion they are big and bulky for everyday use. For long rides they are absolutely perfect. They are warm. Havent had the chance to tried them in the rain yet.