2nd Gen. Ducati Multistrada (2013 and newer)

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Salvo, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had no problem with my stock sear except that I didn't like the cheesy cover. The '13s have fixed that. At 5'11 I had modest complaints about the buffeting that has been 86.3% alleviated with Aztec spacers and the Eagle Hiss flaps. I'll live with the other 13.7% by always wearing ear plugs.

This is a common problem with almost all upright bikes of the class. They don't flow air as well as sports bikes or fully fared tourers, hence the shotgun approach to smoothing airflow. As a four season rider, my major problem is that weather protection in general isn't as good as a GS's is, but I hope it will be breezy and pleasant in summer by way of compensation. I recognized that going in and don't fault Ducati for that; it's the nature of this particular bike.

Congrats to you and everybody else who has recently acquired an iteration of this thrilling machine. They are a blast to ride.
  2. deWog

deWog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny, we've had some wet weather when I picked mine up so I left it in "urban" mode to take it easy; pleasant, but muted.

Spending most time in "touring" ( only managed about 350kms since I picked it up, almost all in traffic) which was like urban but with longer legs. But bloody hell - clicked it into "sport" mode and the power delivery is simply ferocious!!!! Honestly feels quicker than my previous Streetfighter S
  3. vellies

vellies Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, picked up my 2013 MultriStrada ABS (standard model) yesterday. All I can say is woooohooooo :clap:clap What a bloody awesome bike.

Started off by fitting:
    1. SWMotech rack. I already had the adaptor plate for by Givi box.
    2. Ram mount ball for GPS.
    3. SWMotech centre stand. This one does not catch your foot when you have the ball of your foot on the pegs. Only problem I have is the rubber stopper that connects to the cat came off today, looked like it melted?? Think I will source the OEM rubber, which is an easy fix, but the stand works great.
    4. Fitted the additional larger hugger the dealer game me (I assume all bikes come with this). I commute rain or shine, so this will help a lot to keep some crap off me and the bike.

I have only done 320km over the weekend, but man, what a fantastic ride. I only spent a short period of time today in Sport, HOLY CRAP!!!! Decided I will leave that alone until such time that I have done the first 1,000km in the next couple of weeks. But I can see this becoming my favourite mode :rofl:rofl.

All up I am very happy. Will definitely need a new windscreen, but other than that I am very very very pleased. Will definitely not get boring!!

Here are a few pics of the bike, and also my foot position in relation to the SWMotech centre stand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. llamapacker

llamapacker Mr. Conservative

Oddometer:
    Very Very Nice! I have a weakness for the standard also. :D
  5. rogerc

rogerc FJRider

Oddometer:
    Vellis,
    Nice bike so when does the turbo charge kit get installed? :huh
    What GPS are you using and how exactly did you mount it?
    RC
  6. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius It's a mad house

Oddometer:
    Here she is...she now has 120 miles on the clock. Shot of the Termi and mid pipe. Rizmo Tail tidy with LED's...and even a shot with the bags when I picked it up from the dealership.

All is right in the world.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. vellies

vellies Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have used the Garmin GPSMap60xc for a while now. I have a RAM mount for it. It connects to a "ball" which is fixed on top of the handle bar clamp. All that is required is to remove on the 4 bolts, and replace it with a longer bolt that comes with the ball mount. You can see it on top of the handle bar clamp in the first picture (just). Will get batter photos some time this week.
  8. ropedrag

ropedrag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well..... I'm joining in on the fun, bought a 2013 Pikes Peak yesterday, will take delivery early next week.

All it took was 2 weeks of intense research and about 3 minutes of my test ride,..... and more money than I ever thought I'd spend on a motorcycle!
  9. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius It's a mad house

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club! :clap
  10. West Isles

West Isles Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pic with the bags on. This is exactly what I am thinking about. And I really like how the tail tidy cleaned up the back, never have been a fan of the rear huger fender.
    As soon as winter breaks, I'm all scheduled for a test ride...:clap
  11. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Rope! :clap
  12. Flightar

Flightar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Update: The OEM top box is great. You can't even tell that its there while riding. Its very roomy, well built, and will (barely) fit two full face Arai's. It also does not intrude too badly into the pillion seat (maybe an inch due to the hinges and the pad). The only problem is that the helmets won't fit with Scala G4's mounted. The grandturismo windscreen is better than the standard screen, and is smoked, but it is still noisy when in any position other thyan fully down...I guess I'll have to eventually give Aztec or Palmer some consideration even though I ride with ear plugs.

Crash bars, and a touring seat (or maybe a re-work of the stock seat by Spencer's, and I'll have me a Grand Turismo light. I'm not sure the larger saddlebag lids are nessessary with the top box fitted, and the handlebar risers aren't needed at all...

So far really loving this bike.:clap
  13. vellies

vellies Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here are some pics of my GPSMAP60 and the RAM ball mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats!
  15. rogerc

rogerc FJRider

Oddometer:
    That is the exact GPS mount I am looking for.... (the one on the handlebars) what brand is it?

RC
  16. Croak

Croak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. vellies

vellies Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^ have been using that mounting method for years now, works perfectly for me. super versatile and offers great adaptability/flexibility (different length arms, etc.). as for leaving the gps on the bike? i remove it and put it in jacket pocket. when the gps unit isn't needed simply loosen the clamp and remove the mount. clean. :D
  19. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Heavyweight German mag Motorrad has gotten around to posting online a report comparing the 2013 Skyhook Multistrada with the Ohlins version.

The article is dated Jan 31, which I imagine marks its appearance in the magazine's print edition. It is readable in Google translation to English, although the translation is not very happy. They appear to have ridden the old and the new side by side.

In sum: the reviewer found the windscreen and brakes much improved. The engine he thought only marginally better at low revs and a dyno run could not find the claimed torque increase (although it was no worse and also revved harder). However the engine did use half a litre less fuel per 100km (approaching the 10 per cent improvement claimed).

Comments on the suspension suffered from the translation but he found Skyhook's softest damping settings surprisingly firm, commenting that its adjustment range seemed to begin where the Ohlins range ended. He contrasted this unfavourably with BMW's achievement on the HP4 sportbike. Seemed to be happy with the control available, however. More here.

Skyhook owners and speakers of German might be able to shed more light (as some have already).
  20. deWog

deWog Been here awhile

Oddometer: