Ran off the road while speed on highway (pics)

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by ultrabaka, Jun 22, 2009.

1. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I for one thank you for posting up and look forward to future posts.

Think of the harsh posts in this thread as "tough love."
  2. kawalaser

kawalaser Hip to be square

Oddometer:
    bunch of passive-aggressive blowhards, here.

Name calling, etc.

This guy has a 120mph crash, a near death experience, posts the circumstances and aftermath of the experience in face plant, attributes the cause to bad judgment and shows us photos of the gear that saved his life.

at least that's how I read it...

and then watch all the ADV-poseurs come out of the woodwork telling this guy what an asshole he is for having the audacity to admit he was wrong.

As if giving him a lecture on the internet is going to serve a more effective lesson than than going down at 120mph.

Save your breath.
  3. magnus

magnus Duke of Hazzard

Oddometer:
    You would be wrong. This seems to be a pattern of poor judgment. Excellent candidate for public transit because you really shouldn't be driving any sort of vehicle.
  4. magnus

magnus Duke of Hazzard

Oddometer:
    I saw him casting a fair bit of blame at the cager. Followed up by denial and blame-shifting when others pointed out to him how this was entirely 100% his fault. He is not exhibiting the attitude of someone who has learned from past stupidity. I think that's why the firing squad is reloading for another volley.
  5. kawalaser

Oddometer:

You deserve hearty congratulations for never having exercised poor judgment.

Have you considered running for public office?
  6. kawalaser

Oddometer:
    Are you his shrink?

his guidance counselor?

parole officer?

social worker?

didn't realize we were conducting group therapy here...

:rolleyes

fucking n00bs.
  7. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I read it as some lobotomized twunt who barely apologizes for the monumental amount of bad decisions he took that evening.

Maybe he has a poor way with words and actually understands he should have his license burned, but it doesn't look like it.

It's just taking stupid decision after stupid decision ... and barely aknowledging it.

If I hopped on my bike after a couple beers and rode like a bat out of hell at night passing a car on the right ... you can bet your ass my thread title would read "I'm a retarded dumb mofo and should be dead for being such a moron -pics inside-". And I sure wouldn't blame the car for pulling aside while I'm doing 200kph drunk at night!

However I have a switch (also called "brain"), which turns off any motorized activity if I'm having drinks. So I don't have to worry about that. Also works when I don't feel aware (tired, sick, whatever...), no messing around at 200 if I'm not 100%. Shit's serious.

To the OP, the cage was probably just doing you a favor by pulling to the right ... just wasn't expecting you to be on its tail so quickly. Prolly wondered where the weird light went afterwards and blamed it on aliens.
  8. kawalaser

Oddometer:
    :bow

Thanks for enlightening us how yours truly would've handled the situation. Very relevant.

You sound like a real pro.

If only this 25 y.o. squid loser jackass fuckup cunt could've apologized in a way Your Holiness approved of, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
  9. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    Just 'cause I think its worth repeating
  10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Speaking of which, I do not like your tone.

Servants! Beat him with a whip. Unless he enjoys it.
  11. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :photog
    [​IMG]
  12. Jim Goose

Jim Goose Bad Ass.

Oddometer:
    for the post and pictures. No one in here has not done something equally as stupid at some point in their lives.

But the fact you crashed and lived means you should be volunteering in homeless shelters and dedicating yourl ife to jesus, buddah or whomever 1 day a week from now on.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  13. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Xenu doesn't count.
  14. Brimfire

Brimfire Crash Test Dummy

Oddometer:
    The Tom Cruise in me begs to differ! :D
  15. GhostRiderFromHell

GhostRiderFromHell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your a fool! Can you please post a couple of pics of the bike??
  16. Josephvman

Josephvman I'm the Decider Supporter

Oddometer:

All self-inflicted. The ass-kicking the OP is getting here just might save his life and keep him doing something this stupid again.
  17. walstib

walstib DeadHead

Oddometer:
    Hey Now,

I think your forum name sez it all . . . . .

BAKA >> Informal word meaning "stupid". This has to be the most commonly used insult in Japan. Being called stupid is quite serious to the Japanese.

And you're an ULTRA as well . . . . . . . :rofl
  18. Monroe

Monroe not a long timer

Oddometer:
    and a bullshitter............
  19. SCPancho

SCPancho Old farts riding club.

Oddometer:

What is it you think we are doing?

The guy pulled a stupid move and was lucky he didn't suffer worse injury.

Fucking noob !!

I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse. Stop drinking and riding and take your speed to a race track. There aren't any cars to pass.
  20. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    You are lucky you aren't dead.

Every stunt has several possible outcomes. Your outcome was one, you could have died two, you could have been crippled for life three, you could have killed one to several people four, you could have been stopped by the police, 120 mph usually means jail, plus a dui, fines fees damages etc. You could be running around under the control of the court system for years, uninsurable and without a motorcycle license.

I like motorcycles but I am not impressed by a motorcycle wizzing by me at 120+ mph. I don't think many people are impressed if any. So it is a waste of a large risk.

Twentys are a dangerous decade for young males. You need to decide if you want to survive or be an article in the paper.

The best advice I read about going fast: Go to a track day to do your fast riding. The track is clean, an ambulance is standing by, fast is legal, and instruction is available. Fast on the public roads is illegal, dangerous, deadly and ignant (ignorant).

I rode drunk when I was 20, gear was only a helmet back in the 70s. I went really fast too but did not crash. Next day I decided it was stupid and never did it again. I have done 120+. It is fast and the wind is strong.

Now suppose you are a nerdy scientist who could care less about motorcycles. You collect data on motorcycle crashes. What do they have in common: Speed, alcohol, night riding, crotch rockets with 20 something year old riders. How could the accidents be prevented: Ride the speed limit, no booze, don't ride at night, control the 20 something urges to do really stupid stunts.

That is my lecture. Hope it helps.