The Biggest Douchebags Drive A ....

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by BeerIsGood, Jun 1, 2012.

?

What Vehicles Contain The Most Douchebag Drivers?

1. Cadillac Escalades

2. Any Model Of BMW Vehicle

3. Teens W/ 4 Cyl. Japan/Korean cars W/ Lawn Mower Mufflers

4. A-holes Texting In SUVS

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...Squad car.

These people typically have no respect for road etiquette, traffic laws, parking ordinances, safe vehicle operation, or setting a good example.

:lol3

Tell me I'm lyin'.:ear
  2. FinlandThumper

FinlandThumper Sleepy Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I voted for the SUV people, but here they are neck-and-neck with Audi drivers. About ten years ago the BMW was the douchebag's ride of choice, but they made the switch beginning about five years ago.
  3. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    D. All of the above.

and you left out Volvo wagons
  4. ReactorTrip

ReactorTrip glows in the dark

Oddometer:
    If you have never been around Deals Gap when the Miata groups come, you are lucky.

Miatas get my vote.
  5. vecchio Lupo

vecchio Lupo Diplomatico Di Moto

Oddometer:
    I voted BMW and I drive a BMW. It does seem that while texting and fiddling with the radio while moving are big problems for everyone, the BMW drivers around here seem very entitled to the road. I hope I am different since I see every motorcycle within 300 meters, but the fact remains, BMW drivers are right up there with carpool Moms in Volvo Station Wagons.

I thought I saw a Gay Pride Parade this weekend, but it was just three Miatas at the same stop light.
  6. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    All the bad drivers, text messengers, Subaru, Truck, Minivan, Prius... inattentive drivers only serve to make my ride more fun, interesting and engaging.

:ricky
  7. scmopar

scmopar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey I resemble that remark:evil
  8. k1w1t1m

k1w1t1m Kiwi

Oddometer:
    Vehicles with this in the window piss me off......

[​IMG]

Easiest to recognize is a sticker like this one. It means "I have a baby in a capsule on the back seat that I'm keeping under observation instead of having my eyes on the road ahead, and to each quarter."

Or, it means "It is your responsibility to be mindful and safe around the baby/child while I the driver take no responsibility for my actions".
  9. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The problem with this thread is that "douchebag" is far too loosely defined. There is a lot of behavior on the roads that cause concern. There is the cell phone using soccer mom who drifts around the lane. There is the monster truck driver who doesn't understand the simple concept of inertia. There is the self-important jackass in the luxury car who will not let another driver in front of him at a merge area. There is the smugness of a Prius driver in the left lane, going 1 MPH under the posted speed. There is the Jesus freak who refuses to check her mirror. There is the boy-racer with the grenade sticker in his window who weaves in and out of heavy traffic in order to arrive 10 seconds ahead of the rest of the cars on the road.

Most of this though isn't really douchbaggery. Its simple ignorance. Most of these people really just don't realize how their actions affect others. For the most part, I don't think most of them have a clue and therefore, I can't really call them douchebags.

There is a category of people on the road who are VERY aware of how they impact others around them. They actually go out of their way to annoy their fellow travelers. It is a deliberate effort and they are unapologetic about it. They are miserable to be near on the road and I do whatever I can to get clear of them.

They even have a cute slogan. It is as if they created the slogan in order to bring some socially redeeming aspect to their douchbaggery. "Loud Pipes Save Lives."
  10. ride4321

ride4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stick figure family vehicles. Douchiest of all douchebags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. lethe

lethe Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. wmax351

wmax351 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like the dad is chasing the wife and kids with a lawnmower. Just saying.
  13. Alton

Alton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ... the car in front/behind/next to you.
  14. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's for the basement....

Didn't see the option, but PT Cruiser drivers, and the crappy Chevy equivalent rank high on my list of DB's.
  15. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    In my experience the vehicles vary (Prius, Z3, H3, Corvettes, or ANY kind of Buick) but the BIGGEST douchebags I've seen all have NASCAR shit stuck all over their cars or trucks.
  16. lethe

lethe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Similarly it seems that the bigger a favorite sports team sticker on the vehicle the quicker to road rage mode the driver gets. Most people I've had try to run me off the road for seemingly no reason had giant Yankees stickers on their vehicles.
  17. JLAW3000

JLAW3000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Always AUDI.

Grew up in Boulder and it was and continues to be land of the douche in an AUDI. Why?

Parents paying outrageous out of state tuition to a marginally decent school because their idiot kid could not get into a better one but parents wanted to get them as far away as they could pay for and kid wanted to go to THE "party school". So, they need a "four wheel drive" car that is not for old people (BMW) and shows you clearly have more money than a Subaru owner = buy them a brand new A4, A6, S4, S8.

Then they go around racing everything with an engine and crashing when it snows. Just because you can drive fast on ice does not mean you can stop fast. Then daddy buys you a new one anyway.
  18. woofer2609

woofer2609 Less flow, more Gnar

Oddometer:
    ...usually tend to drive shitty cars. :D
    They're not as fast
    They feel they're going faster than they are
    You want to be as inconspicuous as possible to avoid being pulled so drive better if you have a suspect car
    Honestly, I'm scared of men or women driving new large SUV Suburbans, etc. It's all about them, after all!
    Any new vehicle is so quiet at speed, and has so many safety features that the drivers have no fear of hurting themselves, let alone others.
    I like the idea of installing a spike in the center of every steering wheel. Can you imagine?:hack
  19. MajorElint

MajorElint Adventurer

Oddometer:

It's because NASCAR fan has to win the race to the next red light.
  20. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    Anyone in a cage is a douchebag. :lol3