New, unused sidecar Sputnik 2005

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by Feeding Father, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Feeding Father

Feeding Father From RU with love...

Oddometer:
    New, unused, stored in open air sidecar “Sputnik”, built in 2005. Sale it as “it is” or you can order modification according your desire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pictures is HERE

Advantages of this sidecar:

- detachable hood and trunk cover
    - can be used as cargo sidecar - seat, ROPS and windshield can be set off fast and easy.
    - trunk cover lock
    - adjuztable foot support
    - tunnel cover
    - sale without wheel – you do not have to pay for the wheel you do not need, you can use the same type of the wheel as your bike has.

Specification: sidecar body on the frame with mounting kit, wheel fender, turn-stop-front lights, windshield, tunnel cover, floor mate, ROPS guard, trunk cover lock. Without wheel. The small line of the rust inside of the trunk cover – very small. The color of the body differ a little bit because of the sun. The rest condition is very good.

Located in Yekaterinburg RU. Will pack sidecar in skeleton crate and mylar.

New special price ASIS FOB Yekaterinburg 790 USD

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Delivery cost (samples):
    CPT Los-Angeles – 700 USD
    CPT New York – 700 USD
    CPT Chicago - 780 USD
    CPT Tel Aviv - 520 USD

Packing and customs (export declaration) - 270 USD

We can ship to the airport close to your city, we can not ship to your door. You have to receive the shipment in the airport and deal with customs in USA yourself.
  2. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have this posted in the wrong area, it should be in the flea market section.
    2005? We were the USA importer of these sidecars, the last we were able to get were made in 2000 after that all attempts to contact the factory failed so I was under the impression that the factory folded.
    BTW, if some one should buy this sidecar we have mounting hardware for several hundred different bikes, These sidecars are good solid lower end sidecars that work well. My wife has one on her BMW F650CS.
    As to spare parts in the USA, we are down to not much more then brake parts. Windshields can be had at www.bikescreen.com

Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  3. Feeding Father

Oddometer:
    Hello Jay,

Thank you for inform me, I will post it there.

You are right, the production of these sidecars is dead and the factory is bankrupt. No production facilities, no tolls, no buildings.
    I need to check the nameplate on the sidecar - may be it have been produced in other year.
  4. Feeding Father

Oddometer:
    NEW special price ASIS FOB Yekaterinburg 790 USD

Conditions and terms in the tread post.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  5. brstar

brstar Long timer

Oddometer:
    I assume you sold this sidecar?
  6. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We imported a container load of these and are selling them for $2995 including proper bike specific mounting hardware and converted over to an aftermarket Harley type wheel that can have a disk brake.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  7. brstar

brstar Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gday Jay, I really do like the Sputniks. They are similar but even better then the Velorex I had but did not fit to my Strom.
    Trouble is at $1AU to $.75US plus freight or should I say fright it would not be cheap here.
    Its a pity but there you go, and that does not include converting to the other side for down under.
    Moving house tomorrow so it will months before I consider my options.
    Still thanks for the response.
    Bruce
  8. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Bruce, we offer our M72B for $3995 complete with the left side mounts for your bike and of course we also offer the left side mounts for the Sputnik and your bike as well. The Sputnik chassis does not lend its self well to conversion to left side mount.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    pops likes this.
  9. pagomichaelh

pagomichaelh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tafuna, American Samoa (14.295°S 170.70°W)
    If you want to import a bulky, but light item (like a sidecar), you might consider asking around to business's who ship their own 20' containers. A lot of times, you'll weight out the container, but there'll still be 1/3 of the volume remaining at the top, and you can work out a deal to throw an item of negligable weight on the top for a much better deal than you can ship break-bulk. You may have to get an agent to do the duty/VAT for you though, I don't know the tax laws in OZ.
  10. brstar

brstar Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Pagomichealh.
    I have been offline for a week or so and just read your reply but thanks for the imput.
    I have actually imported a batch of sidecars a few years back and like you say it was with someone happy to share his container.
    The sputnik I quite like but is must unlikely to come to this shore.
    In Fiji the greeting everywhere was bulla ( I went to a wedding there once and wore a Sulo) What is the Samoan greeting if you have one?
    Cheers. Bruce
  11. pagomichaelh

pagomichaelh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tafuna, American Samoa (14.295°S 170.70°W)
    Samoan-talofa (love to you),but can also be talofa lava, or malo
    brstar likes this.