SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:

Thankyou very much for that.
  2. chewy52

chewy52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I forgot where i got last years map (the shed) with a coffee and pastie. good to hava look at a few different sections. The outfits were great in the dirt circuit section.
  3. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    I'll be there around 10:30 so I can PM you my phone number if you wish & you can hook up will us.
  4. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. TonyRDR

TonyRDR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to see you both made it home safe Sundowner Ozbikedude . Welcome back to the real world guys. Life is not fair I snap my clutch cable in the middle of the dunes and Sundowner spends the night with two Japanese girls full of sake. :baldy.
    The fuel bladders worked really well these guys were flying, one had the bladder just strapped across the front of the head light and they appeared to have no issues with them. They were Ortlieb water bladders they just replaced the seal with a fuel resistant x seal. They are much cheaper then the MSR ones we have. So I will give them a try myself.
    The first part of the Simpson was very overgrown. It looked more like the CSR in places, have never seen it so green. Vegetation is taking hold even between the ruts and in places I could not see what was coming up. The QAA was a hoot as usual. After that I made bullet run to the Flinders down the Birdsville Track About a 50 or so water crossings and 200Ks of wet clay :eek1. I finally learned how to ride in it:muutt, Humanone was right you got to hit it at 60 80 Kph. Overnight at the Flinders Ranges and home after having a go at a couple of PAR's.

Had a great time guys, looking forward to our next big ride:p3rry
  6. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    Very nice Gasman, I had a passing thought about buying it myself when I saw it. I could afford the price but it was the cost of the divorce that would have broke me. :lol3 You must be married to a Saint.

And Pops is gunna be pissed off that someone else has got one and not him.

Enjoy it you lucky bastard!
  7. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Fantastic Gasman...:clap

Hey, what did it go like??:ddog
  8. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks Kipo

yes divorce was an option................try running it past the missus when you still have your hand in a splint
    waiting until she has had a couple of days at a new job before you tell her about wanting this new bike, then another week before you tell her about the deposit that you paid before she started the new job...........and I didn't even end up buying that bike ........long long story the whole process from saying yes I will buy your Erzberg to ending up with this one took about 2 months .......let alone the roller coaster ride, fustration, excitement ect.

Wots it go like ..................:lol3:lol3:lol3:D

bear in mind it was my first ride since smashing up the wrist and the first ride with my new $180.00 gloves (still haven't told the missus about them yet .............just keep forgetting :evil)

very very smooth power.........only really gave it a bit of stick the once ......and it was going to go to a new level.very very nice for a power freak like me.

throttle off...............and fark me the engine braking ............I will be doing some research about that its very very strong engine braking.

really to ride the thing "properly" you need very good throttle control........the rest of it doesn't really matter as I think most of the body input will come from throttle control, having said that its very stable

it felt like I was riding a Ducatti around all afternoon .............that sound .mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just needed an incident free ride and also the wrist had a bit of pain especially with the cold

it also the first time I have ridden an ADV bike not counting Con's 525 Kato

but all my intuition and my heart was screaming at me to get this particular model of bike and this one has lots of extra fruit as well.

(jetted and dynoed, Scotts steering damper and tripple clamp big tank.I did a deal for his side bags and tank bag as well)

good to go I reckon :clap

the gloves
    Dwainese 4 stroke glove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj28IpJhKgU
  9. klx_dude

klx_dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't think I would be able to afford to fill that fuel tank :deal it's massive. Both bikes look sexy
  10. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think its about 28 to 30 litres

came about 3/4 full.....I could have lowered the mortgage if I had known that :D
  11. LC4nicator

LC4nicator Certified Wino

Oddometer:
    HaHaha......like Ronald Biggs in a Lotus Cortina!!

To quote a previous entry of mine on another forum

"Spending some time on the world's best dirt bike was a real trip.
    Most intimidating thing I've ever ridden.
    Well over 100hp on dirt tyres and a wet road.
    Definitely commands respect with the throttle.
    Opened her up on some dry stretches and within milliseconds everything was blurry.....quickly back off to bring the front back down to terra firma."

Pretty much sums up my experience.

Would love to give it a bash in the dunes
  12. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey tony ya made it!was great to ride with you mate,had a ball ,AB here we come?
  13. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Niiiiice bike gasman where you at?
  14. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    In that case, I can't wait for Flinders Ranges Classic VI - 2013...:lol3
  15. ggg

ggg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Going up flinders i have not taken the raod that runs around the back to martins well, you turn right at the R park station turn off, is it very scenic and worth a look?
    after M Well back i will be going back via the main dirt raod that come out close to willow springs on the bity.

basiclly is it a good cruise?
  16. Sol Erzenberg

Sol Erzenberg Lost somewhere

Oddometer:
    That's an awesome looking bike Adrian, what a beast, I'm planning a ride day in early Sept. will let you & Con know, would be good to see the 950SE & 640 in action..:thumb
  17. pops

pops Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great bike you have there gasman.:1drink
  18. Knackers

Knackers Ubique

Oddometer:
  19. LC4nicator

Oddometer:
    HaHaHa.....or the balding tycoon's bimbo's on each arm! :lol3
  20. LC4nicator

Oddometer:
    Actually, it's a big call for the fella.....a lot of emotional, physical & financial capital invested here.
    But I've witnessed the transformation in the bloke over the last couple of months.
    A big catalyst for that transformation was the typical camraderie that you see within the ADV community.
    Something experienced in no small part during the Flinders Classic.:clap

People talk about a new lease on life.....well our Adrian hasn't just taken on a new lease.....he's bought the whole damn block!:huh

Good to see someone, who's experienced quite a few lows...and the detrimental effect this has on oneself....to then turn a corner and walk straight into the next chapter full of beans.

A big thanks from one of his mates, to the ADV community out there......:clap

Great Story!......to be continued