2011 f650 pulls to the left

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by glitterpants, Aug 13, 2012.

1. glitterpants

glitterpants n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Has anybody else noticed if you remove your hands form the handle bars (regardless of how fast you are going) the bike pulls to the left? I have tried changing seating positions and I have to put quite a bit more weight on the right side to true the bike up. Bike has never been dropped, tire pressure is in spec. I took it to the dealer and was told this is normal. Is it??

Thanks
  2. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    mine's always pulled a bit to the left. even after I replace the 200 lb. stock exhaust.
  3. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is your left nut bigger than the right?? All jokes aside- Let go of the bars and look to the right. I'll bet ot pulls to the right. GH
  4. Mollygrubber

Mollygrubber Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer:
    Make sure the rear wheel is aligned properly - the hash marks for the axle adjusters may not be exactly right.
  5. dvfisher

dvfisher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My bike also pulls to the left when I let go of the handlebars. I don't find it a big deal though, I just keep my hand on the bars. :nod
  6. Krakatoa

Krakatoa Waiting...

Oddometer:
    Yes, my '12 F650GS pulls to the left. With two hands it is not that noticeable, but with just the throttle hand it is very noticeable. I have to keep a constant forward pressure in order to stay straight, otherwise the bike will veer to the left. I think it is dangerous as I can see the bike crossing to the left and hitting on coming traffic. I checked the rear wheel alignment and it is fine. I was thinking of taking it to the dealer, but think they will do nothing to fix it.

If you find a solution please let me know.
  7. OCDKen

OCDKen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had the same problem with my 2009 F650GS <label for="rb_iconid_29">[​IMG]</label>. Pulled left like mad when I took hands off bars [​IMG]. Eventually figured out that <label for="rb_iconid_24">[​IMG]</label> Mollygrubber is right! <label for="rb_iconid_24">[​IMG]</label> The chain alignment blocks on the axle are not aligned with each other [​IMG]. When adjusting to these marks, the rear wheel is not necessarily pointed straight at the front tire [​IMG]. How do I know? I got a http://www.solomotoparts.com/Motion-Pro-Chain-Alignment-Tool/ . This gizmo clamps onto the rear sprocket and gives you a visual alignment of where the sprocket is pointing in relation to where the chain is going (a bar extending from the clamp in the direction of the chain). <label for="rb_iconid_24">[​IMG]</label> When you get the bar parallel to the chain, you can take your hands off the bars much easier [​IMG]. You will also notice that the alignment blocks now tell you that your alignment is wrong [​IMG]... Note that you are aligning the rear sprocket to the chain, not the rear wheel to the front wheel (which is the correct way to align the tires, duh [​IMG]). Good Luck.